Hope I have a big enough saw....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All you folks out west, look close at those trees and you will see why we need what are called "limbing" saws. :ices_rofl:

I want to see someone wade in and limb those with a MS440 and a 32" bar. :ices_rofl:

whatchu talkin 'bout Willis.. 95 degrees that day, and about as prickly as a cactus.. enough to make you throw a saw. Even so, those Hackberrys look formidable.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
limbing with a 440/460 is the easy part.. i tried limbing with my 660.. just about gave myself a stroke!

that's the hot scratchy prickly dirty Western Juniper, the work keeps your mind off the rattlesnakes.

-Eric

edit> you kind of get used to it, and we don't harvest a whole lot. mostly drop and go rangeland work. plus.. I'm out of the game for the time being.

edit edit> ok I fibbed, maybe not 95, I don't think. Because really I doubt I would do that work in 95 degrees.. damned hot though, and we do see a fair number of 100 degree days. But you have 1:00 to look forward to then, and right now the weather is perfect - freezing at night, sunny and 70 by day.

Last edited:
Yuck reminds me of the cedar tree we removed outta a yard. Would have been more fun to burn it!

Sean, I have a little saw that might would help, but it has to come with a operator :) haha

Yuck reminds me of the cedar tree we removed outta a yard. Would have been more fun to burn it!

Sean, I have a little saw that might would help, but it has to come with a operator :) haha

Pffft...Ed's Wild Thing would out cut that 3120....:ices_rofl:

that's the hot scratchy prickly dirty Western Juniper, the work keeps your mind off the rattlesnakes.

-Eric

edit> you kind of get used to it, and we don't harvest a whole lot. mostly drop and go rangeland work. plus.. I'm out of the game for the time being.

edit edit> ok I fibbed, maybe not 95, I don't think. Because really I doubt I would do that work in 95 degrees.. damned hot though, and we do see a fair number of 100 degree days. But you have 1:00 to look forward to then, and right now the weather is perfect - freezing at night, sunny and 70 by day.

I've cleared more than a few of those bastards out. Never one anywhere near that big or tall though............thank God. Dirty, scratchy, dirty (did I say "dirty"?) things. Smells good when cutting.............for about 30 seconds. Then it's overpowering. They're even worse when it's pollen shedding time. Yucka...

where about in il are you located i am around the in il state line terre haute if you are not to far i would be interested in coming out and giving a hand

For those that only cut trees in the forest that look like overgrown phone poles, our brushy things must seem strange indeed. Most of the stuff I get would be like that hackberry though, usually smaller but just as much brush and limbs to deal with. In many cases, you make more trips to the dump with brush than you do hauling wood home.

Hackberry does make good firewood, and splits reasonably well to boot. Hope you guys have fun with that project.

Mark

my wife will let you borrow here cs-310 to drop them,,and then you can use my 670 for limbing:cheers::cheers::):chainsawguy::popcorn:

Playing devil's advocate

I'm curious as to why? Sometimes it's nice to leave a couple of trees that are standing there all alone not really in anybody's way.

Back