How do you Answer "Can I borrow your Chainsaw?"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually loaned my saw once........

....then watched in horror from my deck as the neighbor proceeded to cut the roots out of a stump below ground level. By the time I got to the scene of the crime (about six seconds) the chain and bar were cooked. Neighbor actually bought me a new bar and chain. The little 021 hadn't been run long enough to ruin anything else. Could've been much worse.

Something happened a few years ago... helping a neighbor chip some brush, and his kid kept getting too close to where the work was going on, even after we told him repeatedly to go away. Finally I said "If the kid goes through the machine, I'm not going to be responsible." They got rid of the kid REAL fast after that. Probably something similar would be said in regard to the chainsaws.

Depends on the freind I suppose, there are a couple that I would, and many I would not. For those in the later group I explain it's like loaning out your wife. I also have a wild thing that I do offer as a loaner in place of a good saw

My Friend has a "Wild Thing" he lends out instead of his wife.

A (Good) freind has asked to borrow my chainsaw! MY MS 361 no less.I am going to offer to come cut a bit of the big stuff if I find some time. but thats about it. I am going to politley apologize! "Thats one tool I dont lend out"
Lets hear of all the Good lines you folks have thought up in the past!

I LMAO thats my response! :)

Loaning out power tools is like taking a steak and potatoes into a resturaunt asking them to cook them it just doesnt work.

Kansas

Anyone who I would trust to safely use, and take care of my saws, already has the equipment and knowledge to do the job. That being said, I will cut and even climb for the cost of lunch if asked by a friend.

Don't have many wanting the chainsaws, But they came out of the woodwork when i bought a pole saw. I had friends that i never met.lol Of course after the answer was no they dissapeared.

When i bought it at the dealer, Some tree service guys were there and one of them told me thats a great saw but don't ever let anyone borrow it....They will break it. I said well i don't know but a couple would have a use for it. His answer was..Just wait you will have more people ask to use that when they find out you have it.

He was exactly right, More people have ask me to use it than i can count, Some i don't even know.:dizzy: My answer for all of them if it has a stihl label on it anywhere you can't borrow it. I have a crapsman i will let close friends use, but they don't ask to borrow it as they have their own. I won't let just anybody borrow a saw. They might cut their leg off and blame me. I would never ask another person to borrow any kind of high dollar power tool.

Let my wife's cuz borrow my 028 about 10 years ago, got it back with the chain and bar both fried, no more never again, want to use a chainsaw, buy one.

I'd say "you want the stihl or husky? pick between these two. oh, and be careful!" :cheers:
attachment.php

attachment.php

LOL. Just bought one of those toy Husky 440's for the nephew for Xmas. Sis has bought the brother-in-law his first saw - a new Husky 445 :D

They will both be like pork in poo on Christmas day?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back