How do YOU get your wood out of the woods?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A.E. Metal Werx

A.E. Metal Werx

Addicted to ArboristSite
e9usu9yr.jpg

9e5a2ury.jpg

aqadysyh.jpg

hysazedy.jpg

8ama8y2y.jpg

kgip2k

kgip2k

ArboristSite Operative
WTF??? I have a $1000 pickup, I cut and the wife loads, anything too big for her (she weighs 112), I try, (i weigh 135)... Anything too big for me gets cut a little smaller. Wish I had some of them machines, but we make it work.

A.E. Metal Werx

A.E. Metal Werx

Addicted to ArboristSite
WTF??? I have a $1000 pickup, I cut and the wife loads, anything too big for her (she weighs 112), I try, (i weigh 135)... Anything too big for me gets cut a little smaller. Wish I had some of them machines, but we make it work.

Typically where I cut there is no way you can get around with a truck, to right and way to hilly. This is my only option really

slowp
Right now, the stuff I am cutting came to the road via this. We call it shovel logging.
[video=youtube;_em9GZEXAW4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_em9GZEXAW4&feature=share&list=UU9mFXlXjEJvJoCImQvFXVSg[/video]

Then I back my pickup up to the slash pile, cut and throw. At home, I asked my neighbor, who worked as a production faller to fall a tree and he got it right next to the woodpile.
View attachment 283536

zogger

zogger

Tree Freak

Ha! Similar size nongiant guy here... Get a small trailer with a ramp, much easier to roll or winch the big rounds in.

andydodgegeek

andydodgegeek

The stool maker

I haven't always been so well equipped, I used to do it the same way as you. And believe it or not I paid $1000 for that cummins powered Dodge. The manual labor is hard work but I still enjoyed it.

attachment.php

andydodgegeek

andydodgegeek

The stool maker
Heres a few action shots of the Jeepskidder. This is out behind my house cleaning up storm damage, I had to drag the logs across a frozen creek then around the edge of my pond annd then up a decent sized hill to get them up to where I split and stacked. It was more fun than work, had to use the skinny pedal quite a bit.:biggrin:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

barneyrb

barneyrb

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Heres a few action shots of the Jeepskidder. This is out behind my house cleaning up storm damage, I had to drag the logs across a frozen creek then around the edge of my pond annd then up a decent sized hill to get them up to where I split and stacked. It was more fun than work, had to use the skinny pedal quite a bit.:biggrin:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Me likey skinny pedal............at least you have the right tires on it. Those "Super Swampers" are still some of the best mud tires going.....

Aldiehoggydoggy

Aldiehoggydoggy

ArboristSite Operative
My skidder...
<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid208.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fbb24%2Fmud_dog450%2F25c13d52.mp4">

Loading the trailer with the Bobcat. Only had a few days to borrow the Bobcat. It's on my to-buy list.
IMAG0354_zpsd4b6a6a6.jpg

My log mover...
IMAG0359.jpg
I bet there is a Ford somewhere out of view to help that Dodge pull that load

zogger

zogger

Tree Freak
Primarily this, the deutz pickup!

161285d1291886370-dec20_004-jpg

either that tote box I made (I love that thing, just handy dandy for all sorts of work) or a trailer for easier access areas.

My boss has here on the farm all or most of that equipment up in the thread in the various posts, everything except a truck with a knuckleboom loader, but there are (usually multiples) excavators, crawlers, skidsteers, road tractors, log trailer, big dump trucks, big flatbeds, man, tons, theres equipment here I cant even name or tell ya what it does, but I am reluctant to ask to borrow any of that for what is in essence a firewood and chainsaw hobby. He also has a steam engine powered sawmill, but it isnt assembled and I keep bugging him for us to get it going, just for a hoot.

Latest posts