How do YOU get your wood out of the woods?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a few options.

IMGP6018.JPG

5886IMG_3305.JPG

IMGP6294.JPG

IMG_56941.JPG

IMGP5962.JPG

78282720.jpg

IMGP6229.JPG

Here's how I get mine most of the time. Cut/split right in the bush (leave the mess there) and just tow it out to stack, then go back again. Bought that trailer for $5 at a yard sale, was a lightweight tent trailer, and I built the wood body/bed on it with free plywood. It's paid or itself MANY times over. Will hold about a 1/3 cord fully loaded, But generally only load about a 1/4 or slightly less on there as it gets to be too much...

Front box holds saw, gas, oil, etc...

View attachment 283700

I want to build a better one this year.

OhioGregg, how do you like that splitter? I have the same one except mine is babychit yellow. I bought it from Tractor Supply and this is my third season using it. No complaints about mine, I like it. Run mine off the stub out hydraulic fittings on my Kubota 2900. Finally got a break in the weather today so I hooked it up and split about one cord. I'm officially into the splitting season with 6-7 cords of rounds that need to be split before the end of April. I generally pull the legs off the stand and haul it around on the 3 point hitch. Keep a can of WD-40 handy and spray down the valve lever and linkage and the other bare metal parts. It will save you having to clean rust off prior to using it.

This was last years pile. At our current burn rate it looks like I will have between 2-3 cords left for next season.

WoodPileDimensions.jpg

OhioGregg, how do you like that splitter? I have the same one except mine is babychit yellow. I bought it from Tractor Supply and this is my third season using it. No complaints about mine, I like it. Run mine off the stub out hydraulic fittings on my Kubota 2900. Finally got a break in the weather today so I hooked it up and split about one cord. I'm officially into the splitting season with 6-7 cords of rounds that need to be split before the end of April. I generally pull the legs off the stand and haul it around on the 3 point hitch. Keep a can of WD-40 handy and spray down the valve lever and linkage and the other bare metal parts. It will save you having to clean rust off prior to using it.

This was last years pile. At our current burn rate it looks like I will have between 2-3 cords left for next season.

WoodPileDimensions.jpg

I like it real well, so far. Just bought it this past Oct. I would have bought the same one you have, but TSC didn't have one in stock. So I bought this one at a Rural King store. Was actually $100 cheaper than what TSC wanted for them. I did stop at TSC on the way home, and bought the log cradle and added that to it.
The splitter works great, but my 5000 only has a 6 gpm pump :mad:, so it isn't fast. I do have another tractor I might try it on later that has a 10 gpm pump. Will see if that makes much difference.

e0868f461561940728f0.jpg

85440ffcb1260cb40d1d.jpg

A friend of mine has a Husky gas powered version of this splitter, that he keeps here. It has a little more speed & power. So I think a tractor with a little more pump capacity would help.

2983543e75a95b510baf.jpg

Gregg,

1962 Studebaker 7E13D

One of several I have, my 1962 Studebaker 7E13D 1 ton 4x4 truck with 9' stake bed. The racks on each side (and the back) swing out for loading.

halloween005-1.jpg

Don't try this at home...... :laugh: And that's Oak BTW.

attachment.php

And the splitter table is for more than just fer wood :D

attachment.php

Givem a cigar for knowing a Pacer from a Pony. It is a 1952, belongs to my wife and I do have the side panals for it.

:D Al

Back