How many of you have next years wood cut?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep working safe, sounds like its coming together for you.

Yes Woody, slowly but surely. I too have been dropping the pounds little by little. 14 # since the start of the new year. I could stand to lose another ten though, no problem. Hope the snow isn't getting to deep out that way.

Maple:

About 70 full cords hardwood split and drying for this fall. Another 42 cords hard wood in log length that we will try to get through the processor before mud season. About 10 cords left of dry soft wood for the OWB and another 5 to 7 in log length waiting to be split.

Yes Woody, slowly but surely. I too have been dropping the pounds little by little. 14 # since the start of the new year. I could stand to lose another ten though, no problem. Hope the snow isn't getting to deep out that way.

Maple:

Snow depth hasn't really held me up from processing, I spent most of my effort getting the raw wood product home and piled neatly, to make it easy to clear snow from the general area, and to make it an easy one way flow for wheeled equipment from log area to stacked area ready for sale or use. I have some pics, suppose I could post them.

Last year burned in the hard lesson of hauling wood out of deep snow, one round at a time, I'll not do that again if there is any other option.

Last edited:
Have 20 cords on pallets outside for after 2010-2011.
Woodsheds at 2 houses were already full (about 20 cords each).

I could probably not cut anymore this year and be in good shape. BUT will just get more pallets and keep on going.

I got 6 cord cut, split and stacked in the woods for my mom for next year. Been done since mid-December.

My uncle hauls it over to mom's and dumps it off in late summer/early fall.

Have about nine cord split and stacked maybe a little more. I live in a town with neighbors right next to me, my yard is about full. If it gets any fuller they might think I'm gettin ready for Armegeddon. But all in all its about 2yrs worth.
My hat's off to all you owb guys. Man that's alot of wood to get in. I'm middle aged and gettin used up just bringing in 5 cord a year.

I am done for 09-10. I am currently working on 2010-11. But on the negative side I am going to have to use my "emergency" cord of hackberry and cherry by March and if the winter lasts into April, I might have to buy some wood. I guess I can always hope to find a few dead elm trees still.

Yes as mentioned above work safe! it is a little harder this year with the deep snow even walking with the saw not running a guy or gal can get hurt by tripping over something that would otherwise be seen.

Got 5 full cord waiting to be split. I buy log loads every other year here and get 9-10 cord. Usually Ash, Hard Maple and Cherry. I get it in the spring, cut it all, split half for the winter and stack the rounds for next spring.

:greenchainsaw:

Working on it

I am working on it. I am going to put in a Heatmor this summer so I will be a cutting. I have about 4 cords now.

I am done for 09-10. I am currently working on 2010-11. But on the negative side I am going to have to use my "emergency" cord of hackberry and cherry by March and if the winter lasts into April, I might have to buy some wood. I guess I can always hope to find a few dead elm trees still.
I count on using wood till May even if it is just one fire a day in the stove the last three years the spring has been cool 2005 was really bad until mid June.

Next years? Hell, I don't know if I will make it through next month!! I got started awfully late with my wood heating plans this year so playing catch up.

This cold snap has wreaked havoc on my wood pile. I am staying about 2 weeks ahead on what I use. I have some elm logs that were cut last april, but when I had the splitter at the farm 3 weeks ago I couldn't even budge them with the peavey. This fall was busy with getting the new freestall barn up and cows moved in so I didn't get as much done as the last couple of years. I was pushing snow with my bumper going back to the wood piles today so I'll have to wait till some snow melts or travel 8 miles with a tractor and flat rack. Hopefully I can get a head start on next year this spring. Be safe.

Kyle

OHIOburner I hope you enjoy your Heatmor as much as I do mine.Just put one in this last fall and I love it. The company was great to work with and I feel they are a step ahead after a lot of research. It sure was nice not to buy propane this year. My wife can put the thermostat wherever she wants and I don't worry.

Back