How much wood can be dropped on concrete without breaking it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you chunked it out and dropped it on the brush... You know to block it down you would actually need to use one of these pulley looking things called an arborist block right???

trees09010-1.jpg

Anywho, glad all ended well.

I see you picked up some tenex md... looks kinda shiny though..

scratch one ornate deck.

Do they have insurance? Let me guess. Ah, let me think....no.

It's jobs like that I can walk away from and smile.

You might get a call back yet, though.

See brother thats just it, I unknowingly ground six stumps for the crew that won the bid that very day. They do have insurance or at least supposed to. They have a large add and now I know why I don't get much work in Hot Springs. He is one of the better in our book and if he is that cheap, I see my problem. I told the lady the price was depressing to me and that I had no intention of attempting to compete with those prices.

Last edited:
See brother thats just it, I unknowingly ground six stumps for the crew that won the bid that very day. They do have insurance or at least supposed to. They have a large add and now I know why I don't get much work in Hot Springs. He is one of the better in our book and if he is that cheap, I see my problem. I told the lady the price was depressing to me and that I had no intention of attempting to compete with those prices.

they may be a good service and they may have insurance but when they consistently lowbid to win they will get in a habit of cutting corners and doing some more dangerous things and it will catch up to them. they got overhead and unexpected expenses just like us.

you can do a million perfect jobs and few hear about you but do one fk up and you get talked about at church, diners, social clubs, the golf course etc, etc.

customers like that will never change tho. they always gonna scratch the bottom of the barrel and who wants them?

they may be a good service and they may have insurance but when they consistently lowbid to win they will get in a habit of cutting corners and doing some more dangerous things and it will catch up to them. they got overhead and unexpected expenses just like us.

you can do a million perfect jobs and few hear about you but do one fk up and you get talked about at church, diners, social clubs, the golf course etc, etc.

customers like that will never change tho. they always gonna scratch the bottom of the barrel and who wants them?

Not me TV but it is too popular of a thing for customers in my area. I guess this guy is hurting to bid like that I am going to seek advertising in other areas less crowded I think!

Not me TV but it is too popular of a thing for customers in my area. I guess this guy is hurting to bid like that I am going to seek advertising in other areas less crowded I think!

Is that golf course you work on private? When I moved my biz to Cinci I approached the local golf course/country club and gave some free work and cheap work to get all their work and access to member directory and recommendation of the super.

If they can belong to a country club they got bucks.

Is that golf course you work on private? When I moved my biz to Cinci I approached the local golf course/country club and gave some free work and cheap work to get all their work and access to member directory and recommendation of the super.

If they can belong to a country club they got bucks.

Yes its private but its different here they have bucks but they hate to use them. I am disappointed in our market I lowered my prices this year and have been busier but in other areas. I have always had trouble in Hot Springs markets and I know why now:dizzy:I bid a job in the highest ranked hood in our town and found out they had 27 different estimates can you imagine the lowest bid on that:rolleyes:

damn

you gotta become the go to guy with the people that got the bucks. they like to have the best and if you can stick out somehow and they stop thinking everyone in the tree biz is the same.....

doesn't hurt to be a little eccentric. i like to totally go off on someone that is real cheap and an a hole once in a while. gets you a bad rep with them and their friends but chances are others besides you think they are a dich too and they may admire you for doing something they always wanted to do..

If they think you are a little crazy then you stand out from the crowd.

don't you lol:dizzy:

So you chunked it out and dropped it on the brush... You know to block it down you would actually need to use one of these pulley looking things called an arborist block right???

trees09010-1.jpg

Anywho, glad all ended well.

Not me, I was hoping for disaster. I really was! Hey, if you want me to be dishonest just say so.

damn

you gotta become the go to guy with the people that got the bucks. they like to have the best and if you can stick out somehow and they stop thinking everyone in the tree biz is the same.....

doesn't hurt to be a little eccentric. i like to totally go off on someone that is real cheap and an a hole once in a while. gets you a bad rep with them and their friends but chances are others besides you think they are a dich too and they may admire you for doing something they always wanted to do..

If they think you are a little crazy then you stand out from the crowd.

don't you lol:dizzy:
Yup I think your on to sumpin, gonna have to hire me some strippers to sucker them in lol

Nah time to get the cert I suppose

I thought paying them to pick up the sticks would be entertaining to many clients.

For male clients I am sure it would work. But the married ones you would alienate the wives and lose customers. I would bet you sure would get a lot of guys that wanted to work for you. Hey what about a stripper that could climb if they could climb that pole they could climb a tree.

lol.....

did I miss the after pic? the stump?

you guys are more trusting that I thought if FTA said it's done, and that was the end of it.

pics, or it didn't happen.

I lost interest after it took five hours (or whatever it was) to get a few side limbs off.

Pics would have been fun though. I was hoping to see some action shots of this cat in a tree.. and just the whole "operation" in general.

For male clients I am sure it would work. But the married ones you would alienate the wives and lose customers. I would bet you sure would get a lot of guys that wanted to work for you. Hey what about a stripper that could climb if they could climb that pole they could climb a tree.

Lol I already gots the ladies man, I mean they love to watch ole rope body thrust but I have to tell em ole ropes taken :cheers:

I see you picked up some tenex md... looks kinda shiny though..

LOL. that block and sling is 4 years old. I rarely use the tenex sling anymore. I'm mostly using stable braid now. However, I do keep my blocks, slings and other gear in bags. I like to keep them shiny... ;)

LOL. that block and sling is 4 years old. I rarely use the tenex sling anymore. I'm mostly using stable braid now. However, I do keep my blocks, slings and other gear in bags. I like to keep them shiny... ;)

Four years! If you aint gonna use that thing, you can send it over my way. I could use a couple new slings. I have both stable braid and tenex slings. the stable braid is going to be phased out completely soon though.

Back