How Much You Paying for Bar Oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max2cam

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Bar oil remains high priced it seems compared to how gasoline has come down. I went to the city the other day and priced bar oil and came up with these prices:

Menards
$9 gallon

Wal-Mart
$8 gallon

Farm & Fleet
$6 & $6.39 a gallon

Needless to say I bought bar oil at Farm & Fleet.

What are you guys paying for bar oil?

Farm and fleet has been the cheapest. around $9 for husky and $7 poulan oil.

I bought some winter dolmar for $13 and echo all weather for $10 a gallon at our local echo/dolmar small engine place(fort atkinson wi). I will not spend $15+ for stihl oil(eagle river wi).

I bought some old stock at $7.00 a gallon, but was told that it will be $10.00 now.

I was in a local tools place today to get some parts.

Asked about Stihl Orange bottle. $15.00/gallon. Ouch.

Still have a few gallons sitting in reserve. He did mentioned the price will be coming down with the next shipment.

Bi-Mart add thru 3-25 is $6.99 for a gallon of the Durex.

Hopefully - it will keep dropping, as I'm running low, the last gallons of the the poulan I purchased at Wallyworld ran $3.88

I just buy the cheap crap from home depot or walmart, wherever I am at and remember to get some more. Cant remember the price but it's not much or I wouldn't be buying it.

I bought a gallon this week and local Stihl dealer was a buck a gallon cheaper for Stihl than T.S.C. was for their own brand and they had Husky for 13.99 gal.I gave 8.99 for the Stihl. Scott

Where are all the recyclers. I use old motor oil add a cup of maple syrup to a gallon of oil to give some tackiness and your good to go.

I paid $14.95 for Stihl blue bottle (winter) oil at my local Stihl dealer about a month ago.

I know that the Poulan fuel mix is crap but what about the bar oil? I read alot of guys using it.

Last edited:
Where are all the recyclers. I use old motor oil add a cup of maple syrup to a gallon of oil to give some tackiness and your good to go.

Ya, what he said. I just make sure to use real maple syrup, not that fake, junk like Aunt Jemima.:biggrinbounce2:

In all seriousness, I bought a gallon of red max winter grade for 6.75 earlier this month. He said the price will be going up next shipment. I have never tried the redmax oil before, but it has been working well so far.:cheers:

Latest posts

Back