Husky 372XPG-talk me out of it

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzly

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Went and stared at 372XPG at local shop for 20 minutes today and talked myself out of it and walked out. I haven't bought a brand new saw for a long time. I really want the 372 experience, and I really want to try heated handles since I prefer to cut in winter (no bugs, less sweaty). I also checked out a 550XP. How light and handy! Also liked the 562XP and they had a 365 which really appealed to my budget.

Well help me out. I know I have come to the right place for somebody to talk me out of a want/not need saw purchase.

Maybe not the right place to find that advice. LOL. Never ran a 372 but would love to give one a shot. I can tell you that I 1000 percent love my 562 XP. That saw is great.

Well help me out. I know I have come to the right place for somebody to talk me out of a want/not need saw purchase.

Ohhhhhh, you've come to the right place.

We can help.

I talked myself out of a want/not need Stihl 391, then out of a want/not need "Stihl 362 for ONLY $130.more" and right into a want/NEED Husky 365 X-Torq.

Yeah..... this is the right place...:clap:

ps...I love the 365...you would, too.

Last edited:
As always....the discussion about "which saw..." Always ends on AS with ....

Hmmmm.... Lets see...550...562....365....372xpg....i see a dilema ....you have not added a 385/390xp to the collection...how careless of you...now go back and buy all 5....you know you're gonna anyway sooner or later....;)

Me thinks he doesn't really want to get talked out of it anyway. A 372 is a lot of money, but you wouldn't regret it. I like my 2171 best for bucking wood. Big time saver.

I bought a minty 372 off fleabay a couple of years ago or so,,, I run a tank through it and then sent it to randy,,,, put it this way it will never be sold

If you loved the feel and weight of the 550xp than you may want to consider the Jonsered 2260. Same power as the Husky 562 except in a smaller package that takes the Husky small bar mount. Mine was ported by Tlandrum and has a pro lite 20" 3/8 .050 bar on it with Stihl RS chain. Way more power than a 50cc saw with not a whole lot more weight. I also have the ported 2166 which is the same power as the 372 and love that saw as well but if I had to pick just one it would be the ported 2260. Tlandrum sells them brand new and ported.

Reading between the lines he isn't wanting anyone to talk him out of it... but rather help him justify it. I've been there many times with saw purchases. If you're only buying one, and looking at your sig, I would go with 70cc. Best bang for buck would be the 365. If you want the heated handles then 372xpg it is. It never is cold enough here to need them and like you, I prefer to cut this time of year as well. I have several saws in the same range, but back last fall I got the itch trying to even out my Husq/Jonsered ratio and was looking between the 365 and the 562. I got talked into the 562 so I ordered a 562xpw and bought 2 359s to go with it. Had them all ported. I had read that the 562 would run like a 70cc saw, but it didn't run with any of mine. Just thought that it was too much money for what it was. Sold it within a week of getting it back. I still have both the 359s and love em. I agree the 562 is a good "one saw" plan but it didn't fit in my plan. I had as much money in the 562 as I had tied up in both 359s. 70cc saws are my favorite class. When I came to AS I had one saw- a Stihl 044. I did everything with that one saw for years. You can get a 562 later (it will be around for a while). The 365/372/576 is due to be replaced soon. If you want a piece of Husq history- arguably the greatest saw they ever made... then grab the 365/372.

Hell now I've talked myself into one......

Price Check on aisle- AS?

Yeah, coming here to get talked out of buying a new saw is like asking a crack dealer to talk you out of buying drugs.
Actually, you might have better luck with the crack dealer.

If you buy the saw now, you won't have to agonize over the decision in the future. When the saw goes up in price, you won't tell yourself you should have bought it when it was cheaper. If you don't buy the saw your wife will spend the money on something else, like wallpaper. The newer saws are much more fuel efficient, think of the money you'll save on gas. The 372 will cut faster than your other saws. The time you save can be used to finish up any honeydo's you have hanging (keeping the wife happy is important).
Buy it because it will put a big smile on your face every time you fire it up, reducing the stress in your life and allowing you to live longer.
This a no brainer. Be sure to post pics.

The thing I noticed about the 372 is you start bucking a large log and after 20 seconds you look down and sawdust is half way up to your knee.:rock:

Yes, thank you all for the helpful replies. :laugh: I am actually looking for justification. That 372 is a lot of money, but I do want 70 cc and heated handles. I really like the 562 as well, but I have the 60 cc slot pretty well filled, especially if I send my 2159 off to somebody. Just losing the CAT muffler and switching to the mesh air filter woke it up a little. I know there is more potential there. So really thinking 50cc or 70cc size.

The 365 is nice as well, mostly the $$ savings

I'm really liking the 550 too

And angelo brings up a good point, there is a 390 on the shelf right under it...

Latest posts

Back