Husqvarna Homeqwner Saw Plastic Construction

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the original question was at least partially answered by mopar3 on the second page but was drowned out in all the usual suspects bullpoo..

Molding the two parts together creates a laminate/composite that adds strength and rigidity, less material is needed=less cost and lighter too.

For the non technical types, think plywood.
Glue two sheets of paper together only on the corners, then glue two together over their entire surface and see which one is stiffer.
It's a viable idea that the insert might strengthen the chassis.

Its kinda ironic how badly Engineers are looked upon by some, then how deeply they are relied upon by those same people in everyday life.

Especialy if you consider that the new craze that everyone has to have, Autotune/M Tronic, was certainly not wanted, initiated or designed by those great fellows working in the environement of the equipment needed! And that's just talking saws, if we think of the medical field(as recently posted here eye damage, absolutly unthinkable to repair without modern surgical instruments, or in the operational field you are absolutly dependent on quick reliable ways to stop bleeding in laparoskopic operations!), cars(ABS, airbag, air condition, etc), homes(insulation materials, etc.), electronics(computers, wlan, iphone, etc.), guns(modern plastics f.e.Glock revolutionized the gun market!), airplanes(all designed by these great consumers who really know what is needed when they fly to Florida in the winter!!!) etc. Wonder why no one in full production is using the saws of yesteryear since they just keep on running and running and running and are so easy to service, of course without AV, without fuel economy, without weight reduction, etc.

Yeah those things were all initiated, designed and developed by the consumers. Welcome to the real world!

It sure is a sad thing to see the self centred view of some fellows here, who obviously live by the motto "my life is miserable and know who's to blame"!

I believe the original question was at least partially answered by mopar3 on the second page but was drowned out in all the usual suspects bullpoo..

Molding the two parts together creates a laminate/composite that adds strength and rigidity, less material is needed=less cost and lighter too.

For the non technical types, think plywood.
Glue two sheets of paper together only on the corners, then glue two together over their entire surface and see which one is stiffer.

I have to admit that I don't know the answer. Which one is stiffer? I always thought that plywood was glued over the whole area so I presume that that will be the correct answer. The problem I have in this question is is that the engine is screwed into the bottom at all four corners so is that an iminent "weakening" of the system?

Last edited:
I warned these guys before I went to work yesterday afternoon, and come home to 3 more pages of bickering. Two more tents have been set up at Camp Cantweallgetalong.

This thread deserves a-

Master-Lock-5401D-rw-98961-164062.jpg

I'm not going to lock it, perhaps some others want to catch the next bus to camp. They can flag it down here if they'd like.

:flag:

:hmm3grin2orange:

Sorry Steve, I couldn't resist.

Sheesh, I'm out working late where the job I'm doing doesn't cater well to me being on my phone while working and I miss this....

It was probably for my own good anyway

Just Great:msp_mad:....now what am I going to do today:dunno: On the other hand, 10 pages on a Wild Thing chassis ain't bad.......

Why would any one want to hold a flashlight in their teeth?

When the guys on the floor have a hand in decision making, that is decentralized management. Aside from winning nearly every major WWII contract, it made GM great.

Someone owes me 23 minutes of my life back. Sheesh!

The original question was answered repeatedly. Labor time, and material cost are reduced, so that results in a higher profit for the manufacturer. It's too bad the OP wasn't listening, or reading actually, though I'd imagine he has to squint to see the words whilst sitting atop his "high horse".

Someone owes me 23 minutes of my life back. Sheesh!

The original question was answered repeatedly. Labor time, and material cost are reduced, so that results in a higher profit for the manufacturer. It's too bad the OP wasn't listening, or reading actually, though I'd imagine he has to squint to see the words whilst sitting atop his "high horse".

sea-horse-r.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back