Husqvarna issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ill agree with that last part...

Its the same reason my old Vette is sitting behind my old shop, where its sat now for months. It's 23 years old, and needs about 3K in work done to it to make it work right again. It's only worth 3K as it is...

That's what Ebay is for--to get rid of shat that's not worth shatting. :cheers:

That's what Ebay is for--to get rid of shat that's not worth shatting. :cheers:

Gawd...If I sold off all my stuff, saws, GT's, The Vette...

Id have enough money to buy a really nice newer Vette, maybe even an LT-4, or pay down on a ZR-1, and finance with a low rate.

too bad Im not that smart.:censored:

I bought a Husky 326R brushcutter, lightly used, and it is a piece of crap. It doesn't accelerate, it is not well balanced, and the trigger assembly basically fell apart. Suposedly this is one of their "high end" models, and it barely runs. I am not impressed. It is nt half the machine my 15 year old Echo SRM-2400 is, and it has these stupid bike handlebars to boot.

I am surprised that the initial repair was so expensive. $300 will almost buy a new machine. I would have likely gone that route, but hindsight is better than foresight............

It makes sense to me that the knucklehead "tech" blasted that sucka off with an impact and shocked the crank. I would write letters to the editor, tell anyone who will listen, and keep it up as long as I could. Those asp holes hosed you, and their lack of support will bite them someday in lost business, which seems your only recourse.

Of course, Stihl makes a mighty fine product, in my experience.......

All the Huskies I have seen may be fast, but look to be stapled together like Japanese Zero airplanes.

Spacemule, a statement rather than a question is what I'd expect from a jackass.

The job was quoted at $175 and the bill came in at $284 and change - still less than replacing the unit and it was relatively unused albeit 5 years old - homeowner use as a linetrimmer mainly... I was BULL#### when I picked the unit up and it was $110 over the quoted price but I was told that it was as good as new - now this.

And I would be COMPLETELY happy and rant about the company if they pushed the money towards a new unit, however they would rather "save money" so they will need to deal with me pissed and posting everywhere I can find

Spacemule, a statement rather than a question is what I'd expect from a jackass.

The job was quoted at $175 and the bill came in at $284 and change - still less than replacing the unit and it was relatively unused albeit 5 years old - homeowner use as a linetrimmer mainly... I was BULL#### when I picked the unit up and it was $110 over the quoted price but I was told that it was as good as new - now this.

And I would be COMPLETELY happy and rant about the company if they pushed the money towards a new unit, however they would rather "save money" so they will need to deal with me pissed and posting everywhere I can find
If they quoted you $175, then $175 is all you should have paid, assuming they didn't do more to it that the quote called for. As an aside, always get quotes in writing. I don't care if it had been used 10 minutes in 5 years, paying $300 was foolish.

If they quoted you $175, then $175 is all you should have paid, assuming they didn't do more to it that the quote called for. As an aside, always get quotes in writing. I don't care if it had been used 10 minutes in 5 years, paying $300 was foolish.

If you trust your dealer, there's no need for a written quote. We are not taking real estate or big investments here.

I would not have accepted the $300 bill either if it was quoted at 175$ before ; they should have at least contacted the owner to consult on the surplus cost. As I see it, they 'sold' that like new repaired trimmer to the previous owner for $300. A good guy got screwed I'm afraid, not by Husqvarna, but by its dealer.

Last edited:
If you trust your dealer, there's no need for a written quote. We are not taking real estate or big investments here.

I would not have accepted the $300 bill either if it was quoted at 175$ before ; they should have at least contacted the owner to consult on the surplus cost. As I see it, they 'sold' that like new repaired trimmer to the previous owner for $300. A good guy got screwed I'm afraid, not by Husqvarna, but by its dealer.
Right on Belgian.:clap: It couldn't have been said better. The dealers at fault, not Husky Corp. It's a 5 year old product. I think Judge Judy would agree.

Last edited:

Trust has nothing to do with it. Writing and documentation prevents misunderstandings. Writing down a quote and the cost of repair for said quote takes virtually no time and is a good business practice for anyone, customer or business.

Trust has nothing to do with it. Writing and documentation prevents misunderstandings. Writing down a quote and the cost of repair for said quote takes virtually no time and is a good business practice for anyone, customer or business.

Now, if you're talking about an estimate, that's different.

I agree with you 100% for regular business practise, but you don't make a contract for day to day stuff.
The only thing I have signed ever at my dealer is the equipment warranty card.

I agree with you 100% for regular business practise, but you don't make a contract for day to day stuff.
The only thing I have signed ever at my dealer is the equipment warranty card.

I'm not talking about a contract, simply a written quote. You can't misremember or argue about something that's written.

This is what I would charge for the repair, if what you stated was all that was wrong with your unit.

1. 503 87 33-05 STARTER PAWL BRIDGE $13.92
2. 503 86 45-01 DRIVE SHAFT $26.60
3. Labor $47.50
4. TAX $ 3.48
Total $91.50

BTW I have a good used crankshaft, yours for the shipping cost only, if interested. PM me if you want it.

This is what I would charge for the repair, if what you stated was all that was wrong with your unit.

1. 503 87 33-05 STARTER PAWL BRIDGE $13.92
2. 503 86 45-01 DRIVE SHAFT $26.60
3. Labor $47.50
4. TAX $ 3.48
Total $91.50

BTW I have a good used crankshaft, yours for the shipping cost only, if interested. PM me if you want it.

good offer! rep given

STK

You know crayner, one of my buddies has a saying that might be worth looking into.

"Everybody has a boss".
Who did you correspond with at Husky?
Find out who HIS boss is and start there. If you still don't get satisfaction go up the ladder one boss at a time until you get the boss that agrees with you.

I have an uncle that bought a brand new Oldsmobile diesel back in the 70s.
That car was great but the engine was JUNK from the first day.
He had that car back to the dealership so many times it could go there by itself!
Finally the dealer just told him not to bring it back anymore. They had done all that they could and could not fix it.
My uncle started calling "bosses"and they kept referring him to someone else.
Finally after almost a year, He got to speak to the Vice President of GM in charge of public relations.
After hearing the story this guy was incredulous. He told my uncle that he would check into it and call him back in an hour. 15 minutes later the VP called my uncle and told him to have the car at the original dealers lot on Saturday morning.

When my uncle arrived that day there was a brand new engine and a crew of techs from Detroit on site. 4 hours later he drove the car off the dealers lot with a brand new engine and a new car warranty in the glove compartment.
Never had another minutes trouble with that car.

We here in Ky. also have "investigative reporters" that do nothing but deal with situations like this. That might be an option you might want to try if your local media has these.
No one likes to see their business on channel 3 with the "investigative reporter" discussing a complaint. Usually one phone call from one of these will bring a business to their milk!

Good Luck,
Mike

Y ou know crayner, one of my buddies has a saying that might be worth looking into.

"Everybody has a boss".

on the other side...

Ive had one guy take me to court because he bought a kohler crank off me, he fitted it incorrectly (he didnt want to pay to have it fitted) and seized the engine. So he goes up the ladder, media, court, all for a $500 part that would have taken me 2 hours to fit.

While the oldsmobile story is a good one (i mean that) there are plenty of people out the who take full advantage of "the customer is always right" and scam the system. I won the court battle, but it cost me the same $$$ as buying him a new motor. Why did I bother???

Also had someone wanting their $ back because the chain had worn down after a year of cutting. Here we go again............

You know crayner, one of my buddies has a saying that might be worth looking into.

"Everybody has a boss".
Who did you correspond with at Husky?
Find out who HIS boss is and start there. If you still don't get satisfaction go up the ladder one boss at a time until you get the boss that agrees with you.

I have an uncle that bought a brand new Oldsmobile diesel back in the 70s.
That car was great but the engine was JUNK from the first day.
He had that car back to the dealership so many times it could go there by itself!
Finally the dealer just told him not to bring it back anymore. They had done all that they could and could not fix it.
My uncle started calling "bosses"and they kept referring him to someone else.
Finally after almost a year, He got to speak to the Vice President of GM in charge of public relations.
After hearing the story this guy was incredulous. He told my uncle that he would check into it and call him back in an hour. 15 minutes later the VP called my uncle and told him to have the car at the original dealers lot on Saturday morning.

When my uncle arrived that day there was a brand new engine and a crew of techs from Detroit on site. 4 hours later he drove the car off the dealers lot with a brand new engine and a new car warranty in the glove compartment.
Never had another minutes trouble with that car.

We here in Ky. also have "investigative reporters" that do nothing but deal with situations like this. That might be an option you might want to try if your local media has these.
No one likes to see their business on channel 3 with the "investigative reporter" discussing a complaint. Usually one phone call from one of these will bring a business to their milk!

Good Luck,
Mike

Sounds about like the story I heard when I bought a 1981 Cadillac Eldorado "Diesel" last year as a fun car. The lady was the 2nd owner, 1st owner was her mother. She said that they brought the car home and it barely ran, the dealer saw it on a weekly basis for over a year pretty much. The diesel was always stallng out, and the engine went through head gaskets like a crack ho goes through blow....

Finally after a few hours of finding out the Who's Who of the Caddy managinf staff..she got touch with someone with some power, and they were offered cash back, and a new 350, gas engine, full conversion.

The 350 gas engine was bulletproof, I beleive it was an oldsmobile block, but the darn car only had 12, 500 miles on it when I bought it in 2007, and it was totally rusted out, the engine/trans/interior was immaculate. But the car looked like swiss cheese when I started sanding paint off...:censored:

Bosses make stuff happen, bottom line. Keep finding bosses, moan and groan, eventually it will pay off.

Latest posts

Back