Huztl FarmerTec 070 Build Thread with upgrade info and completed saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting discussion that definitely has me riding the fence. Bottom line, companies like Huztl are clearly riding on the coat tail of STIHL. They are selling these as STIHL parts kits, knowing good and well folks are assembling them and thinking they have a cheaper version of STIHL quality and technology. Sure, most everyone knows they are not OEM, but are just happy to have that model saw for a song rather than for the first two children and half the third one (especially the larger saws). Truth is, they are making money off the technology, research, and development of STIHL.

But, that's the way it goes. There are so many aftermarket companies out there, all making "will fit" parts that are actually using the intellectual property of the OEM, and not their own. Design, materials, everything. Even names such Oregon and hiway and sugihara. Right or wrong, therefore, they are very popular.

We use aftermarket stuff in every area of our life, from cheap house hold (Wal-Mart branded, etc.) are all aftermarket, cheapo copies. The question is, just how far are we going. To be fair, Oregon, Carlton, and every other such brand is living off.

Like I said, I'm torn. Where do you start? Where do you stop? I use a good but of parts from aftermarket brands but this has me thinking. If I rebuild a saw with aftermarket parts, does the buyer think the parts are OEM? Am I (unintentionally) receiving them? There has to be a line in the sand. But where?
heres something to think about......can you walk into the steal dealer,,and buy a new 070??? hmmm???? how about a 090????? answered.....

I can play devils advocate on the saws. I can see someone buying a clone over oem, bc lets face it are the oem saws really worth what they charge? Take stihls 880, is the sum of all its parts worth the 2 grand price tag? I really think not.

But is it worth buying a clone kit and maybe having it grenade on the mill? That's up to the buyer. One things for sure if it does grenade, you still have money left for like 5 more lol.

Who cares where something is made. As long as it is made according to the right specs. Chinese are just as capable to make a decent machine as anybody else. It's just that quality products aren't produced in the same quantity are crappy stuff. And as long as you aren't making bulk products it doesn't make as much sense to outsource it to China. If toyota brings their QC guys to their chinese car plant, I'm sure the result will be the same.
Now in this case. Some manufacturers make cheap copies of stone age technology. Just like those VW beatles that where made in Mexico untill recently. No one will think the it is even comparable. They are made from glossy plastics. They have funny sounding brand names. Not even close to the original. Does Stihl care? I don't think so. For them it is just a sprinkle of free extra attention. Oh you started milling with a 100+ lead plated nylon chainsaw? And it was ruined in a week? You might concider the 880 wich is actually the right tool for the job. In the mean time, some guys didn't go drink and drive. Didn't go light a homeless guy on fire. Because they were trying to fit a huge cylinder wich isn't exactly the correct size to a chassis wich also isn't a made using quality machining. But oh my. When it does run for a couple of days, will be all worth all the missed out fun you could have had the past couple of months.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
well. first you say the Chinese are capable..which they are,,then you bash them..interesting...tell me about he quality of aftermarket scat cranks..in race cars.......

i don't care that they are copies of stihl to be honest as stihl is pretty well done with those designs. what i don't like is some floating the farmertec boat so hard like it's the real thing. coming from guys who own a farmertec saw and most have never owned the real saw from stihl. guys who assembled a couple farmertec saws and now call themselves builders!! lol if they were copying current models then i think that would be a huge rip off to husky and stihl. their 365 kit is borderline IMO because of the fact husky still make a saw on that case. that's me being nice though, fact is that AM parts supplier is alot different then counterfeit saws supplier lol. imagine if we had whole GM, Ford, dodge etc...... counterfeit vehicles coming here from china, the stink that would raise wholey **** let me tell you! lol

How exactly do they get by with cloning them anyway? Because it doesn't say STIHL anywhere on it technically its not illegal? Even though clearly is a clone of one?

Here's another thought that China manufactured parts could potentially lower the price of the real oem parts in the future due to the increased competition. No, not all parts are the equivalent of oem, I've found out. But for things like plastics, I cannot justify the huge price difference for such a insignificant part. I think the competition is good for everyone. What, aren't most of the carbs made over in China now anyway with the zama aquisition.
Their saws work for me because of the price and what I use them for. In my lawn care, I run genuine stihl products, but saws are a hobby for me yet. If I were to use it all day every day, sure, I'd go for the oem, but I just can't justify the cost of the oem right now. They allow me to test and modify the saw cheaply and easily. So what if I grenade a piston, only $30 for a new one. Well worth the experience in my book. Much cheaper and easier to experiment than alternatives.

The ironic part is stihl hasn't been able to sell the 070 090 in the us since like 1985 due to emissions and lack of a chain brake. So what's actually happening with the Chinese knockoffs is a loophole in foreign trade somehow. So Stihl can't sell the saw they designed and currently build today but huztl can make a copy of it and it's OK.

so why don't uuu tell us all, what are the good copies......since theres are a few on here, who consider themselves to be "experts" in anything.........
I would say Robin probably knows a thing or two more then most about 070s and 090s since he's from a country that can still buy them. Course why buy a ms720 when you can get a cs-1201 but that's just my opinion.

so why don't uuu tell us all, what are the good copies......since theres are a few on here, who consider themselves to be "experts" in anything.........

i mentioned the name of the company that makes probably the best copy
in my opinion and the others i know who agrees with me
read my post you quoted properly

well. first you say the Chinese are capable..which they are,,then you bash them..interesting...tell me about he quality of aftermarket scat cranks..in race cars.......
Didn't mean to bash them. It's all economics. I have a 150 euro auger. I was used to a stihl one ( at least 300 euro second hand 900 new). Didn't think it would be that big a difference, maybe lack of power or something. Good thing, it doesn't lack the power. Bad thing is the transfer isn't correct. The thing spins to fast. Combine that with no safety break and a hudge flywheel, and you get a machine that is as nice as a mean donkey. When it gets stuck, it will break your knees. Same thing with the cheap sds drill from a friend. Way to powerfull for the lack of safety. Just to name a few. Yes they are made in china, but the reason they are this dangerous is because it is cheap not because were it is made. On average the cost to make it, is about 10% of the retail price. So for that auger, you get all that iron, all those fittings etc etc and it costed 15 euro to get it out of the factory. Amazing.
So stihl shouldn't be worried. They should worry as soon as someone looked at the design of the 661 and thought, I can do better than that.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I was on huztls site and saw the 070 in question. What is the day countdown on thier site is that for the 10 % off, then it goes back up in price?

Yes.it's on sale till the timer runs out. They change the sales regularly. In my dealings with them they have been honest , friendly, and reliable. Sure the kit I ordered wasn't all there but they sent the missing bits out very fast.( I live in New Zealand and all overseas postage seems to take forever except for America which I'm sorry to say won't normally send to us at all) I don't work for them, I just collect old interesting engine stuff, and the way I see it is that they are making copies of stuff that Stihl don't make anymore and that we don't want to use everyday or to earn a living with anyway, it's just for fun and that rates highly to me no matter who builds it.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using Tapatalk

Back