Huztl FarmerTec 070 Build Thread with upgrade info and completed saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a look at the oem circlips.
0fbf2b448cc73bf3c81e362117278cd7.jpg

Dawg, these larger rings are so brittle. I was sweating the second out of the second set, but it did not break.
c8505cd2bed6c609acb6dc64e93ecb01.jpg

I changed my mind on the oem circlips and here is why and more on the rings. Cylinder is coming up next.

Dawg, these larger rings are so brittle. I was sweating the second out of the second set, but it did not break.
c8505cd2bed6c609acb6dc64e93ecb01.jpg
I found it easiest to install the lower ring by sliding it on from the bottom of the piston.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

That's a great idea but it would not have made a difference today. It was not jumping over the ring. I don't have a good answer as to the reason.

Second set

Attachments

• 15066324236084612341376809162908.jpg
    15066324236084612341376809162908.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 16
I found it easiest to install the lower ring by sliding it on from the bottom of the piston.

So you have put together 3-4 so far? How many if any failures have you had. maybe it's all me. I have not ever broken one until now. That's why I suspected that it was because it was larger rather than aftermarket. I am not anxious to lay blame just prepare kit builders. They are not expensive, waits are very undesirable

So you have put together 3-4 so far? How many if any failures have you had. maybe it's all me. I have not ever broken one until now. That's why I suspected that it was because it was larger rather than aftermarket. I am not anxious to lay blame just prepare kit builders. They are not expensive, waits are very undesirable
I have built two of the 070 but I have broken rings in the past. I struggled in the past getting the lower ring installed when installing from the top of the piston.

Muffler, I have a sealing strip in place and later found I was missing the spacers for the carb flange for a pressure test so I off camera installed the muffler gasket and will come back around another time

stop switch, throttle linkage

Looks like the next step will be the last. So generally they forgot the 4- 6mx25 for the cylinder install and the 4- 5mx18 for the recoil starter. Should that happen to you, you can use hexhead screws from your hardware store. The starter recoil was why there was less movement when i moved it the flex came back so i was wrong in my guess, was not in place correctly.

the 5 screws that hold the trigger handle on should be black oxide or a much stronger metal than the 4 that are not. The weight of the saw is supported by those fasteners. I am going to my hardware store this morning and see what I can find. I have the screw posed on top of the cylinder

Attachments

• bad screws.jpg
    bad screws.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 27
This is getting old. next time they screw me over a part I am going to send them a picture and a screenshot of the ipl and open a case right that second. after getting a few of those they will quit this nonsense game. we dont need a to speak the same language when you a have a picture and a drawing. they sent what you see after getting the correct drawing and some how got confused. the parts are on opposite sides of the saw. just plain dishonest. i will open a case everytime here forward until they quit. i encourage you to do the same. this is not a game. being honest is something we need more of. i told them the part was made of felt. that is a word in china. the part is in the "complete kit"
070 wrong.jpg 070 felt part.jpg 070 idiots.JPG

I got the part from Stihl today. Took around 5 weeks. They must be stocked now. That's 6mm+ thick.
felt.jpg

Hello.
New here, and my first post, tho i have been reading this thread for some time.
I have a question. I ordered this kit a few months ago, but due to work i have had no time to build until this weekend.
I have found there is quite a few parts missing. The felt ring in the post above for example, and almost all of the rubber parts. Can i email huztl with purchase number and a list of the missing parts?
Im sorry for my english, i hope you can understand me.

Regards from Sweden!
Johan

Hello.
New here, and my first post, tho i have been reading this thread for some time.
I have a question. I ordered this kit a few months ago, but due to work i have had no time to build until this weekend.
I have found there is quite a few parts missing. The felt ring in the post above for example, and almost all of the rubber parts. Can i email huztl with purchase number and a list of the missing parts?
Im sorry for my english, i hope you can understand me.

Regards from Sweden!
Johan
Yes message them on their website. www.huztl.net

Back