Huztl FarmerTec 070 Build Thread with upgrade info and completed saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 070 piston is farmertech, the 090 is from Sägenspezi in germany, so i dont know about the manufacturer.
If unbalance is a problem, i will remove some material from the 090 piston, it is a bit overbuilt i think.

I took a closer look at the farmertec 58mm and 66mm pictures, the 66mm appears to have a little less metal on it then the 58. I also looked at the picture of the Sägenspezi, I'm not sure if the picture is actually of the 66mm, it looks an awful lot like the farmertec 58mm Piston, regardless, it appears to have more metal on it then the farmertec. I wish huztl would get some of the 66mm kits in stock so I could take a closer look at it.

I cranked up my saw today and it is running wide open..almost. blipping the trigger does nothing. Pulling the choke on slows it down. Not the kinda saw you can let go of to adjust. I had the top off earlier to look at the hose. I want to put some different hose on it. My linkages were free and the choke operated well. nothing is hung up, got a 36" bar on it and if the nose was to make contact when it was running serious damage would be done to all near it.

Anyone got any ideas to get my idle back? No adjustments have been made to it and I don't see how anything could have gotten out of adjustment. I am certain me removing the top did nothing.

Something gas to be holding the butterfly open, have you tried to run it with the lid off? Maybe the cover is doing something.

Something gas to be holding the butterfly open, have you tried to run it with the lid off? Maybe the cover is doing something.
No but that's a smart answer. I will try it next time someone is here with me. I need to be careful it does not move.

Hey guys, ive been reading these forums for a while now. Im definitely sold on building one (or more) of these saws off of huztl. I'm getting into Milling my own slabs on my granberg, been using an 044. Mainly cherry wood. I need something with some more power & something that can support a larger bar and chain. But those are hard to come by at a great price.

Im between the 066 kit and the 070/090 kit on huztl. So ive been reading this and the 160 page 066 thread. Do any of you guys have a recommendation/opinion after having built and used these saws which would be better to start with, and hold up in a milling application? I dont have a ton of small engine experience, but i can and want to learn. Very much looking forward to the build, im sure i'll learn a ton.

so i guess an 090 no gear is still avail from stihl? if so id guess around 1400 bux? so the copy im seeing on e bay for just under 500 070.. I repair n Build things for a living . Ive Never Seen a Powerhead that was seriously complicated . like my daughter could make. I think the Asian copies wont be Huge problems As they do quite good work. The problem Asia has HAD is a Metallurgy issue Shiet castings Crappy Metal alloys to begin with horrible casting practices. But all this is Changing weekly over they're. theyre getting it correct. so if the copy excellent design and get the pot metal correct . could easily be winner. ive no issues this 090 070 stuff is ancient . long paid stihl . and the stihl is hard to find has to be ordered blah blah blah.. in a 6 cube saw what ya gat maybe two choices in your part of world . if that..

Ordered my kit from HLsupply today, they had an end of year sale and I chose free shipping. Pretty happy with the price now all I have to do is build it when it gets here and hope I am not missing parts. I not a very patient person.

I cranked up my saw today and it is running wide open..almost. blipping the trigger does nothing. Pulling the choke on slows it down. Not the kinda saw you can let go of to adjust. I had the top off earlier to look at the hose. I want to put some different hose on it. My linkages were free and the choke operated well. nothing is hung up, got a 36" bar on it and if the nose was to make contact when it was running serious damage would be done to all near it.

Anyone got any ideas to get my idle back? No adjustments have been made to it and I don't see how anything could have gotten out of adjustment. I am certain me removing the top did nothing.
I use a squeeze clamp on handle to free a hand whilst longer bar and or helper handles installed unless clamped handle breaks im good. and saws on wooden or stainless table . i think it would just slide off stainless table nothing to bite into. saw hits floor and breaks case maybe.

How about doing the hose swaps and then taking off the bar and chain. Since you're just trying to get your idle back, you could roughly check your progress without endangering yourself while you go through more checks and diagnostics. When you find the problem and fix it, and have a saw that won't run away with you, put the bar and chain back on for adjusting both idle and max rpm.

How about doing the hose swaps and then taking off the bar and chain. Since you're just trying to get your idle back, you could roughly check your progress without endangering yourself while you go through more checks and diagnostics. When you find the problem and fix it, and have a saw that won't run away with you, put the bar and chain back on for adjusting both idle and max rpm.
I am just back from holiday. Those are great suggestions. I got a new oem carb. I am putting them on everything now. There is 6" of snow on the ground between me and my work area. The temperature has been the lowest in memory and with the holidays i have yet to get to it. Looking forward to it.

I put the 090 kit on my 070 bottom then I bored the 090 cylinder to 70mm and plated by u.s. chrome I had wiseco pistons made I put a bigger hl and took the govener off the saw ported the intake to match the saw it is a animal it beats my 3120 and 088 woods port saw

Getting close to completing my saw and have a couple questions. First can I complete a pressure check without removing the carb? I thought about putting my blockoff plate where the 90 is at carb inlet. Will that work? Also Bedford which video shows how to put the governor together. All the ones I have watched it is already installed. Lastly, while looking for information on how to install the governor I ran into a few thread regarding not using it and tune like normal to about 8K rpm? Thanks

Latest posts

Back