Huztl FarmerTec 070 Build Thread with upgrade info and completed saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting close to completing my saw and have a couple questions. First can I complete a pressure check without removing the carb? I thought about putting my blockoff plate where the 90 is at carb inlet. Will that work? Also Bedford which video shows how to put the governor together. All the ones I have watched it is already installed. Lastly, while looking for information on how to install the governor I ran into a few thread regarding not using it and tune like normal to about 8K rpm? Thanks
I definitely show installing the governor. You disconnect it, tune it to 12000 and then reconnect it and check again it should be correct. Have you looked at the manual? It will have the part numbers for the two plates you need and instructions on performing the test. Ask in the beg manual thread. It's 80 pages of love. The nuts are easier to put on the carb stubs if you flip the saw in your lap and let gravity help you center the nut to start it.

I started to put the new carb on mine today but got sidetracked with my 380. I am getting closer to doing it. Those nuts are hard to start

You want some room when you are putting the governor together you have to drive that piece in the case. I show it all. I do not recall which one. I did them in order. Stop and don't go to far. I am kinda busy or I would stop and look for you. Got to be in at least the description under the video. Look on a desktop, easiest way to drill down.

3rd notch should be your starting point

No need to wait. There is no difference in the available video steps. The parts are different in size and that's the only difference. They attach excatly the same. You would need to contact the supplier and order the parts to the specs you want. Installing them are the same. that's what's so great about the 070 it becomes a 090 by just changing out the cylinder kit that installs excatly the same. If you can put the 070 cylinder on you can put the 090 without further training.

I saw you mention changing out the carburetor, have you done that yet? will you video it? I had 30 minutes I popped in. Will keep an eye out on youtube if you can. thank you

I saw you mention changing out the carburetor, have you done that yet? will you video it? I had 30 minutes I popped in. Will keep an eye out on youtube if you can. thank you
I did it this afternoon after months of promises. Only thing I had left outstanding.

The screw that holds the hanger for the throttle linkage did not want to turn in past maybe 4 turns out of 8. I used a 3/16 lock washer behind it and it's works. Also I had to order the fuel line to find any that would give me a tight fit, they had yellow line that was close but not close enough. So I can not tune it for maybe a week to 10 days. Another thing that looks frightening is how close the nuts are on the studs. The plate on the oem carb is 2-3mm thinner so it was much easier to re-attach the nuts. Still had to turn it upside down to start them...old fingers. If you have to do it, it's no big deal. My video will be up by sometime tomorrow. Look forward to some good weather where I can cuts some slabs to make some benches.

FYI
There are two plastic bushings, very small c clip, two linkages you can't lose.

I finished the upgrade and there was two technical issues, both came out ok. I should not have been surprised, but was.

The guy wrote me back. He said return shipping was included. I guess if he gives you his address so if he reneges so you can find him or if he disappears the third time you ask for service. People are rough with their saws. Strap that to a mill and you got a time bomb.

After two weeks of thinking about this, sounds like a great idea and the farmertec saw is tuff. I would like to believe it... I saw it on ebay

Getting close to completing my saw and have a couple questions. First can I complete a pressure check without removing the carb? I thought about putting my blockoff plate where the 90 is at carb inlet. Will that work? Also Bedford which video shows how to put the governor together. All the ones I have watched it is already installed. Lastly, while looking for information on how to install the governor I ran into a few thread regarding not using it and tune like normal to about 8K rpm? Thanks

I explain in the more video info section and in the video itself.

Well I thought I'd post my experiences so far with my 070. I bought a complete unit when they first came out before they offered as a kit. I've had two issues with mine. First the clutch came loose right off the bat, no big deal ordered a new one bc it buggered up the forcing cone, greased the bearing good and put a thin layer of loctite on it then torqued to specs . Haven't had any issue since.

Second thing that happen was even less issue, the throttle lock came loose and fell out. But the saw starts so good I may not even bother replacing it.

Untill yesterday I'd had just been cutting big firewood rounds with the 36" bar. But yesterday I switched out my 084 off my 56" granberg for the 070, 60"bar full comp full chisel chain. I milled a fresh cut sistered elm log non stop all day, basically only giving it a break too refuel and oil, and move my slabbed wood. All in all I made 6 slabs from 9'-11' long. Went through almost two gallons of fuel.

I was impressed enough the 070 may have a permanent home on that mill, and when I sell all the slabs it made I may treat him to an 090 topend and 6 puck clutch.

Well I thought I'd post my experiences so far with my 070. I bought a complete unit when they first came out before they offered as a kit. I've had two issues with mine. First the clutch came loose right off the bat, no big deal ordered a new one bc it buggered up the forcing cone, greased the bearing good and put a thin layer of loctite on it then torqued to specs . Haven't had any issue since.

Second thing that happen was even less issue, the throttle lock came loose and fell out. But the saw starts so good I may not even bother replacing it.

Untill yesterday I'd had just been cutting big firewood rounds with the 36" bar. But yesterday I switched out my 084 off my 56" granberg for the 070, 60"bar full comp full chisel chain. I milled a fresh cut sistered elm log non stop all day, basically only giving it a break too refuel and oil, and move my slabbed wood. All in all I made 6 slabs from 9'-11' long. Went through almost two gallons of fuel.

I was impressed enough the 070 may have a permanent home on that mill, and when I sell all the slabs it made I may treat him to an 090 topend and 6 puck clutch.
Good to hear from you. My throttle lock is not working any more after I changed the carb. I am not worried.

http://thechainsawkitguy.com Kit info

Well I have given in and ordered an 070 on the 20% off deal. Now the wait begins or should I say torture!
Waiting is pure torture. It will be worth it. It much bigger than your 660. Over next couple of days I need to order a decomp. It will break at least your fingers without one that works reliably mine did until it didn't. It's stout.

kit info & packing lists @ http://thechainsawkitguy.com

Waiting is pure torture. It will be worth it. It much bigger than your 660. Over next couple of days I need to order a decomp. It will break at least your fingers without one that works reliably mine did until it didn't. It's stout.

kit info & packing lists @ http://thechainsawkitguy.com

I can't wait
Pretty happy with my 660. So ready for this 070. I have a new husqvarna compression release I will put in it.

Back