Huztl FarmerTec 070 Build Thread with upgrade info and completed saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had several bigger bore saws for several years, but pretty much forgot about them. A little over a year ago bought a 070. Had a few problems working all the issues out, but now it is working very well. Pulling a decent 404 chain is amazing. I cut two cords of green Oak and some Fir with out touching the chain. A slower chain speed will do that. At this time I have a 070 075 076 and want some more. Using a saw with more than 85 CC cuts way different than a lighter saw. Now have to decide if I want more kits or another 070. A 660 is lighter more powerful and has faster chain speed. I do not like getting up in the morning and spend time on a saw that might not last the entire day or week. Thanks

Hey fellas, on average how long has it been taking for hutzl to process the order and ship? I know it will take awhile once they ship just curious how long before they get it out the door. Status is just "paid"

Hey fellas, on average how long has it been taking for hutzl to process the order and ship? I know it will take awhile once they ship just curious how long before they get it out the door. Status is just "paid"
3-4 days now that they are shipping from New Jersey

so maybe as late as tuesday if it was picked up today

3-4 days now that they are shipping from New Jersey

so maybe as late as tuesday if it was picked up today
Wow really! Very interesting. If it gets here that fast I will be thrilled! Wonder why they are still charging us the super high shipping if its already here?

I am not speaking for them. But in business the cost does not disappear. Now they have the freight forwarder cost. I guess they could raise the cost of the saw or leave it as a shipping cost as it is now. That would be my take and we could be hammered both ways

kit info & packing lists @ http://thechainsawkitguy.com

Lol yes! You would think sending a container full of kits would be much cheaper than individual packages. But better for them they get more money by saving and we get it faster.

Lol yes! You would think sending a container full of kits would be much cheaper than individual packages. But better for them they get more money by saving and we get it faster.
I have learned international shipping goes by weight so that does not cover volume, unless you own a ship or plane

Waiting is pure torture. It will be worth it. It much bigger than your 660. Over next couple of days I need to order a decomp. It will break at least your fingers without one that works reliably mine did until it didn't. It's stout.

The Husky decomp will not work in the 070. When I ordered some they were completely a different style. I considered making a spark plug insert to use Husky. I searched for a decomp and found some very old style ones. The old Stihl ones were $125 so I ordered a couple but they were back ordered. I ended up with a modified original to work. It has worked pretty well. Thanks

The Husky decomp will not work in the 070. When I ordered some they were completely a different style. I considered making a spark plug insert to use Husky. I searched for a decomp and found some very old style ones. The old Stihl ones were $125 so I ordered a couple but they were back ordered. I ended up with a modified original to work. It has worked pretty well. Thanks
I ordered this one. I did not remove the installed one to look at it. This is the one in the current ipl

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Rarity-STIHL...rentrq:317c38081630abc5a75c3d5ffffe4375|iid:1

Anyone have any coupon codes for HLSupply to add to an order? Opting for the 440 (out of stock at the moment) and 660 kit. Coupon code would be sweet if I’m gonna drop 5-700$ tonight

Thanks for the heads up on this. I will look into this now in more detail.

Anyone have any coupon codes for HLSupply to add to an order? Opting for the 440 (out of stock at the moment) and 660 kit. Coupon code would be sweet if I’m gonna drop 5-700$ tonight
I poked around a bunch to find a code with no luck. Even asked if the had a special for buying 2 at once if they would sell me them at the sale price from the previous week. I have never gotten a single response from HL yet. That's around 4 to 5 questions via email and I called and got a message machine and said I was ready to order my 660 kit and left my Number and never got a call back. So I bought my kit off ebay and bought my second one direct from hustle.

I poked around a bunch to find a code with no luck. Even asked if the had a special for buying 2 at once if they would sell me them at the sale price from the previous week. I have never gotten a single response from HL yet. That's around 4 to 5 questions via email and I called and got a message machine and said I was ready to order my 660 kit and left my Number and never got a call back. So I bought my kit off ebay and bought my second one direct from hustle.
On eBay you got clout. I never abuse it. It's sacred but if they don't answer questions or screw me I let them have it. It winds up costing them money. That is why they make you wait on the bigger stores to leave negs because it has such a big impact on fees.

no coupons they used to give you 10% off if you followed their ad here. Not in a long time.

Enjoy your shopping

On eBay you got clout. I never abuse it. It's sacred but if they don't answer questions or screw me I let them have it. It winds up costing them money. That is why they make you wait on the bigger stores to leave negs because it has such a big impact on fees.

no coupons they used to give you 10% off if you followed their ad here. Not in a long time.

Enjoy your shopping

So did I screw up by purchasing through HLSupply? Should I have bought off eBay or elsewhere so I’d have recourse if things went south?

No, i have heard nothing bad about hl. They have screwed up several of my orders but made it right in the end.

Most companies will put it right in.

You have recourse when you use a credit card, PayPal can be helpful if you follow the rules. eBay promises you will get what you order. I find people are frightened of pissing the Chinese off and do absolutely nothing about it when they get screwed

I can tell you the Chinese will lie right to your face. Generally you get what they feel like giving you. Remember they really feel they are doing you a favor

No I have heard all good news from HL. But I have not had any luck with them myself just getting them to respond. Not sure why. So I went elsewhere. But most guys say they ship fast and if there is any issues they are fast to correct it. I seen one guy that got a bum cylinder right out of the box. Had pitting and holes in the bore. They had him a new one 2 days later free. Cannot beat that. From what I have read you will not get that service buying from Huztl direct. I think you did just fine buying from HL supply.

Looks like hutzl sent my 090 kit direct from China. Via SF express.
What 090 kit. Do you mean cylinder kit. Those are parts not saw kits. The saw kits are shipped from new Jersey now, parts still china. Tip, the rings are really soft or were. You might want to get some cabers. I broke two getting two on.

What 090 kit. Do you mean cylinder kit. Those are parts not saw kits. The saw kits are shipped from new Jersey now, parts still china. Tip, the rings are really soft or were. You might want to get some cabers. I broke two getting two on.

Nope Bedford its a full kit from hutzl site. They did not shop it from Jersey. That tracking number I gave you we thought was fed ex is SF Express. Departed China today.Screenshot_2018-05-07-13-10-38.png

Back