I am about to make a grown man cry!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously, I would offer free labor in exchange for

the old engine....

I might be a dirty slob, but not an idiot.............

The oil in it probably hasn't been changed since new. Some people think all you have to do id put gas in them.

You have to put gass in them?

I had an old JD with an 8 horse Briggs on it come in once. The oil was like tar! I changed it, ran it, changed it three times. Finally had to use kerosene twice to flush it all out. It was a hefty bill.
Mower came back the next year, oil hadn't been changed all year and the fuel was so bad I had to pull off the gas tank and pressure wash it to get all the crap out of it!

Professional mowing crew comes in, JX75, $800 walkbehind mower. "It smells like it's getting hot?"
Yup, not a drop of oil on the dipstick!

Some people shouldn't reproduce, and others need a desk job!

My CH22 Kohler broke the cam a few yrs ago,it broke the front button off,it then jumped time,and the pistons and valves kissed..... I had a parts engine that had a bad cylinder from water getting in and rusting.I robbed the crank,cam,lifters pushrods,and valves out of it,and ran it another 3 yrs(about 300 hrs a yr),and it broke again last summer.I do not neglect my small engines,I clean the fins/shrouds constantly,air filter maint is alway done,this engine had oil/filter changes ever 60hrs with Shaeffers 10w30,or 5w40 syntheti,,and ran at 3600RPM nonstop in a mower.
I have 3 other Kohler commands,with about 6000 hrs combined and none had this problem exc this particular engine.I didnt even bother pulling it apart this time,simply spun the crank,and see nthe valves werent moving thru the oil fill hole.One thing i will say is it gave a warning,excess mechaincal noise about 50 hrs before failure.All valves were in adjustment,oil pressure was 50psi off idle,and 25 psi at idle.I pulled the front cover abotu a month before it scattered,both times,there was nothing to indicate it was going to break the cam.
I too am looking for horizontal shaft kohler command parts/engine in need or repair.

FWIW,if that engine is a verticle shaft,the BEST price ive found on the CV 25 is here ,you cant beat that price.I need horizontal shaft engines though....

https://surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2009051322222941&item=28-1682&catname=engines

"It wouldn't fit in the dishwasher................."

Fish I just fell out of my chair laughing!!!! I think that was one of the best AS responces of the year!!!!

Latest posts

Back