I Believe...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on the Brake MB....

Wow alots happened around here since this post eh?

Almost feel bad about the way I jumped on you, heh but then it worked:p

I must say (in a shiny happy people sort of way) this site is great, we all get to learn and ponder and think about what we're doing and maybe we've prevented a few injuries and saved afew trees along the way!

Originally posted by Matt Follett
I must say (in a shiny happy people sort of way) this site is great, we all get to learn and ponder and think about what we're doing and maybe we've prevented a few injuries and saved afew trees along the way!

I'll drink to that!

Now I hafta get used to my 090G without a CB.:(

Maybe a visegrip plyer.

I'm still waiting on it, though.
aaf_cry.gif

this has been a very interesting thread, i still cant get my head round how a cb gets in the way. or at least enough to warrant removing it.
i'm thinking about removing my chaincatcher on my 020. It gets in the way when i want my chain to fly off and wrap round my forearm

I was just weaned on saws without a cb. And the cb DOES get in the way, it's just something you have to get used to.

I'm curious, what am I supposed to do with my 090G? Not run it because it was made w/o a cb?

the only thing i see it getting in the way of is you taking your own head off

Originally posted by stephenbullman
this has been a very interesting thread, i still cant get my head round how a cb gets in the way. or at least enough to warrant removing it.
i'm thinking about removing my chaincatcher on my 020. It gets in the way when i want my chain to fly off and wrap round my forearm

Steve,
You should put that part back on, it's for safety.

MB,
The 090G if I recall correctly, is a gear reduction saw that probably has much less kick-back potential than newer saws because of it's low chain speed. Not to mention, running an old saw that never had a chain brake is very different than taking off a perfectly good chain brake.

I'm jumping in here a little late but I think we should keep the chain brakes. I don't see them getting in my way at all. I have nicked the tip more than a few times and them try to kick back and I was always ready for it. But perhaps one I may not and maybe the brake will save me.

I got my first climbing saw when I was 14 for my birthday. The first thing I went to do was remove the chain brake just like dad. That didn't go over well he made me put it back on and it been there ever since and never saw the need to take one off.

Join the crowd Butch we're no less a man with the brake on. If the handle should brake buy a new one when you get a chance. I wouldn't suggest removing one that is perfectly fine.

Yeah you certainly could be less of man in many ways if you get bit. I have worked with a guy who cut his nose off with a kickback.

Originally posted by MasterBlaster
I was just weaned on saws without a cb. And the cb DOES get in the way, it's just something you have to get used to.

I'm curious, what am I supposed to do with my 090G? Not run it because it was made w/o a cb?

Down here in the land of oz unfortunately that is the case. There are a whole lot of 090's laying around doing bugger all because OHS&W say thats how it's got to be. Dont the rule books suck mb ?:angry:

Back