I did something shameful today.........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huntaholic

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was so bad, I waited until nobody was driving by and I hid my face as I walked out the door! I bought a new 500i! Ive got and had several stihls in the past but this is the VERY FIRST new stihl Ive ever bought! Ive always said I didn't care who made it, if it would outcut a Husqvarna pound for pound, I would buy it. Today I kept my promise! My oldest son said he never thought he would see the day that I would buy a new stihl lol.

I'm a Husky fan, have been for the last 25 years, having been whinging about my poor old 365 Special not being up to the job of milling and generally wearing out to the missus I walked in Wednesday and the wife says, "Bought you something" apparently she goes into the shop tells them what I do and I want to do and they sell her a saw that will cover everything I need, especially milling so on the dinning room table is a brand new 881, it's a lovely gesture and I am very appreciative, but it has the wrong name on it! :)

I'm a Husky fan, have been for the last 25 years, having been whinging about my poor old 365 Special not being up to the job of milling and generally wearing out to the missus I walked in Wednesday and the wife says, "Bought you something" apparently she goes into the shop tells them what I do and I want to do and they sell her a saw that will cover everything I need, especially milling so on the dinning room table is a brand new 881, it's a lovely gesture and I am very appreciative, but it has the wrong name on it! :)

Heck, people would walk a few miles over broken glass and hot coals for a wife like that you lucky guy you.
Might just be time to bite your lip and find yourself a new orange & grey hat.

Heck, people would walk a few miles over broken glass and hot coals for a wife like that you lucky guy you.
Yeh she is a diamond, I will be running it up in a couple of hours for the first time, it is a lot of saw though, my 365 looks like a toy sitting next to it.

It was so bad, I waited until nobody was driving by and I hid my face as I walked out the door! I bought a new 500i! Ive got and had several stihls in the past but this is the VERY FIRST new stihl Ive ever bought! Ive always said I didn't care who made it, if it would outcut a Husqvarna pound for pound, I would buy it. Today I kept my promise! My oldest son said he never thought he would see the day that I would buy a new stihl lol.
We all have those days!
I actually went thru a McDonald's drive thru a few months ago and allowed my lovely spouse to purchase a large Coke!!!
I pulled my hoodie up and put my face diaper on.
Haven't spent a dime of MY money with them since 1995 when I found out how anti-gun they were!!!

Mike

You couldn't have held off a month for a new 592? :laugh:
Im not convinced the 592 will be as light as this 500i. Im also not convinced it will out cut the 500i. Guys we have ran them ALL since about 1972, Homelites, Macs, Sachs, Jonns, John Deere, Pioneer, Stihls, Tomas, Huskys, you name it, big and small, this saw impresses me more than any ever have. That's saying something. Dealer I bought it from said hes sold about 60 of them and NONE have came back for problems with the exception of a few that got crushed.
Unlike the new Huskys, hes not had any with computer issues either.
2 years as a felling saw is all I ask out of a saw. If it will do that, anything more is just a bonus.

If I had a wife like that, I'd crawl through a mile of broken glass just to hear her fart through a walkie talkie.

MAN! I've done some shameful things, but that would be all time low.

I have on stihl right now, a MS361 I pulled from a dumpster with a bad piston. As soon as its fixed it will get sold though. I'm a husky man through and through.
You might give that 361 a try, they're a fairly nice saw..

Back