I gave into the temptation today, and bought a new Stihl MS 362 R CM

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
28 es light on that 441 will fix the balance

I'm sure it would,, the 28" Tsumura is nice on the 441 also. To me as I am not fellin' or limbin' with these saws, balance is not as important. I am just buckin" firewood on the ground already. So I just pick the saw up lay it on the log and pull the trigger and hold on. I kind of like a nose heavy saw for buckin" firewood, seems to make it threw the cut faster.

As far as bars go I am done buying bars for a while, I've spent close to 6 bills, on bars and chains in the last few weeks, so I am done for a little while. I'd like to try a stihl 28" lite bar, but my local dealer, will not deal off of retail on them at all, and gets $199 for 28" lite bar. No thanks. I like my Tsumura 28" lite a lot, and it was way less then that!!

Im sure Ryan but I still like lyin to myself alil!!!! Lol!!

Some of you guys put waaaaay toooo much stock in these builder videos of a saw on its first or 2nd tank of fuel .. but then again most wont see them past 10 tanks so i guess it doesnt matter..when a 661 gets loose with a muffler thats flowin good its a pretty noticeable difference

I have a 7.2hp 461 we will run beside Laslabs 661 to see if ill sell my 461 or not!! Lol!!! Ported Im sure the 661 will be alot stronger than the 461 but for now Im happy with my 461. 661 is a fine saw no doubt though and if I didnt have a strong ported 461 id like one but I would want it ported

dont compare apples to oranges, if you wanna compare a stock 461 to a stock 661, I will watch, or a ported 461 to a ported 661, I'd watch that also :) :) but ported to stock, not much fun :( :(

Don't lie to yourself you know you want a MT 661, go read your post #117

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/newest-addition-241c-m.264937/page-6

Or post # 123, 125, 128 and 129

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/newest-addition-241c-m.264937/page-7

you were talking about getting rid of that 461 for a 661, even before the 661 were released, quit telling yourself lies and go buy a 661 already!! :) :) :)

Im sure Ryan but I still like lyin to myself alil!!!! Lol!!

My 461 isnt a cxbqr or whatever you sugar bears call it..

Mine is a 461R dozerdthatsdownwithopp

So maybe not apples to apples but a 661 is a very strong saw when she loses her virginity , stronger than you may think

have you ran a 661 with a broken hymen? Just asking?

Quite a bit lately , my buddy gary who is just a reader here that thinks this stuff is funny has one that we are runnin the balls off of..if the filter didnt pack up quick it would be homerun for stihl..but nonetheless its still a hell of a runner

Quite a bit lately , my buddy gary who is just a reader here that thinks this stuff is funny has one that we are runnin the balls off of..if the filter didnt pack up quick it would be homerun for stihl..but nonetheless its still a hell of a runner

Cool! I've only got 2-1/2 tanks threw my 661 so far, and like it a lot, I can see it getting a lot stronger already.

I have a appointment for it with MM later this summer. I am going to try and get 15 or so tanks threw it, I hope before then.

dont compare apples to oranges, if you wanna compare a stock 461 to a stock 661, I will watch, or a ported 461 to a ported 661, I'd watch that also :) :) but ported to stock, not much fun :( :(

Don't lie to yourself you know you want a MT 661, go read your post #117

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/newest-addition-241c-m.264937/page-6

Or post # 123, 125, 128 and 129

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/newest-addition-241c-m.264937/page-7

you were talking about getting rid of that 461 for a 661, even before the 661 were released, quit telling yourself lies and go buy a 661 already!! :) :) :)
Damn Maulhead!! Lol! I would hope a 91cc saw would outrun a 76cc!!! Lol! If u wanna find out what that 661 will do find a ported 390 and u will have a bear to fight. Im sure a 91cc stock broken in mm 661 will outrun a ported 461 but keep in mind thaat u still r talking about a 76cc saw and I dont think myself that the 661 is gonna be something that will blow the ported 461 away myself but ill be able to tell u in a week or 2 when I run Laaslabs 661 .We will do some videos on both saws with same bar and chain but I may have to switch to my modified chain if the 661 is runnin like a Stihl Timbersport Hotsaw!!! Lol

Damn Maulhead!! Lol! I would hope a 91cc saw would outrun a 76cc!!! Lol! If u wanna find out what that 661 will do find a ported 390 and u will have a bear to fight. Im sure a 91cc stock broken in mm 661 will outrun a ported 461 but keep in mind thaat u still r talking about a 76cc saw and I dont think myself that the 661 is gonna be something that will blow the ported 461 away myself but ill be able to tell u in a week or 2 when I run Laaslabs 661 .We will do some videos on both saws with same bar and chain but I may have to switch to my modified chain if the 661 is runnin like a Stihl Timbersport Hotsaw!!! Lol

Naturally you see it as bars get bigger..i dont switch bars often i switch saws..90cc lives with 32 ..70cc lives with 28..50/60cc lives with 18 or 20

Cool I'll look forward to watching anyways! Isn't that the whole point of porting a saw so it punches above it weight class? Like a ported 362c will run with a stock 441c, or a ported 261c will run with a stock 362c?? I dont have me 362c anymore, but running this MM ported 261c, I know it would be right (or more) on the heals of my stock 362c!!

Did you go back and read the older posts of yours I link'd?? You were going to buy a 661, before they even came out :)

Naturally you see it as bars get bigger..i dont switch bars often i switch saws..90cc lives with 32 ..70cc lives with 28..50/60cc lives with 18 or 20
Ya I agree. Im not into the making it faster as much as liking the torque and lean on. I ran a ported 660 the other day in 24" wood with my 461 same b/c and speed was about the same but I could tell the 660 could be leaned on more

Cool I'll look forward to watching anyways! Isn't that the whole point of porting a saw so it punches above it weight class? Like a ported 362c will run with a stock 441c, or a ported 261c will run with a stock 362c?? I dont have me 362c anymore, but running this MM ported 261c, I know it would be right (or more) on the heals of my stock 362c!!

Did you go back and read the older posts of yours I link'd?? You were going to buy a 661, before they even came out :)
I didnt but I would love to have every saw made!!! Lol! Other priorities at the current time such as a baby ready to come any day. Ive also bought several hundred dollars in porting tools and burrs and just concentrating more on family right now. I kinda like the phrase Randy used awhile back that at his age he likes killing trees with the smallest saw possible

Ya I agree. Im not into the making it faster as much as liking the torque and lean on. I ran a ported 660 the other day in 24" wood with my 461 same b/c and speed was about the same but I could tell the 660 could be leaned on more

is that b/c the 660 has more torque then the 461.

I got to get off the puter, eat something and get out of the house. Me's has big wood to cut!! Me chains are sharp, saws are fueled, it's 50 here and sunny, I gots to get my ass away from the puter, before I type to the day away to you guys! Talk later!!

I didnt but I would love to have every saw made!!! Lol! Other priorities at the current time such as a baby ready to come any day. Ive also bought several hundred dollars in porting tools and burrs and just concentrating more on family right now. I kinda like the phrase Randy used awhile back that at his age he likes killing trees with the smallest saw possible

yeah I read that also, and I had a ton of fun cutting 15" and under firewood with the 241c, a ton of fun, that is probably one of my most funnest saws to date, YET, until I ran the 661 :)

I like them all too,,, it is just a got rights to this big wood pile they were going to take to the land fill, and I wanted to get ahead this winter on firewood, some of the wood there is over 48" across, so I knew I needed a bigger saw, hence comes the 661 :)

IDK, but we cut up one big log the other day and a medium sized one, and got 2 cords of wood outta them, big wood, makes firewood a lot faster! Then the small stuff.

Back