I gave into the temptation today, and bought a new Stihl MS 362 R CM

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did not like the plastic handle at first, but as I use it (with gloves) I don't even notice any more, so as long as it holds up I won't complain.

Ryan, I thought the oilers on the 441 & 461 were the same on regular & wrap versions? That said, you are right, the wrap version is a better buy. I've put dual dogs on all my saws, and wish I had the better chain covers.

I did not like the plastic handle at first, but as I use it (with gloves) I don't even notice any more, so as long as it holds up I won't complain.

Ryan, I thought the oilers on the 441 & 461 were the same on regular & wrap versions? That said, you are right, the wrap version is a better buy. I've put dual dogs on all my saws, and wish I had the better chain covers.

If you wanna buy dawgs alone an R model is still the better buy..sell the 3/4 and buy a half and you still have the bigger clutch cover and chip deflector along with the dawgs..its truly a no-brainer

I paid 679..if i sold the 3/4 for 100 that puts me at 579..then 50 for a new half wrap puts me at 630.00 and i still have the dawgs/clutch cover/roller/chip deflector....seems like basic math to me..ive had guys tell me im dumb for buyin an R model..im not the dumb one..

Did you tell him he is wrong

You know as well as I do, you can't tell a Stihl dealer anything. :popcorn2:

It's getting so that if I'm thinking about buying a new piece of Stihl power equipment, I feel as if I need to contact Stihl USA Inc., to see what is or isn't true or available. :rolleyes:

You know as well as I do, you can't tell a Stihl dealer anything. :popcorn2:

It's getting so that if I'm thinking about buying a new piece of Stihl power equipment, I feel as if I need to contact Stihl USA Inc., to see what is or isn't true or available. :rolleyes:

Wrap handles are way more than 30 dollars at any dealer , i tell my dealer all kinds of things he doesnt know and give him part numbers he never knew existed..hes cool though..never gives me any **** , he orders whatever i want and is more than fair price wise with me..ive ordered alot of saws for guys here that their dealer told them they didnt have or couldnt order

Sounds like your dealer is just like most , they really have no clue , guys out west seem to have better saw shops..no surprise really

I just sent a message to Stihl USA Inc., addressing the MS-362 C-M and whether or not, it's even available with the "R" package, as well as the item # if it's available.

I also mentioned something about a lot of their dealers being clueless. We'll see how well that goes. ;)

Two local dealers here in my area confirmed the price of the wrap handle alone, as being an add'l. $30.00

View attachment 394337

Show him this , and the price he gave you was for a standard half wrap

I think what's confusing me is the full-wrap handle and the (R) package.

I'm sure that I had seen on this forum, that the package includes the full-wrap handle, high volume oiler, over-sized bucking spikes and an over-sized clutch cover.

I'd appreciate it someone would correct me on all of this if I'm wrong. This is driving me nuts. :dizzy:

One more thing.....are all R's also C-M's?

Latest posts

Back