I gave into the temptation today, and bought a new Stihl MS 362 R CM

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think what's confusing me is the full-wrap handle and the (R) package.

I'm sure that I had seen on this forum, that the package includes the full-wrap handle, high volume oiler, over-sized bucking spikes and an over-sized clutch cover.

I'd appreciate it someone would correct me on all of this if I'm wrong. This is driving me nuts. :dizzy:

A 362 R has all of those except the HO oiler..the 440 didnt come with HO oiler either in the R package..all others did though

I just sent a message to Stihl USA Inc., addressing the MS-362 C-M and whether or not, it's even available with the "R" package, as well as the item # if it's available.

I also mentioned something about a lot of their dealers being clueless. We'll see how well that goes. ;)

Two local dealers here in my area confirmed the price of the wrap handle alone, as being an add'l. $30.00

That was fast!...............!!

We are in receipt of and thank you for your e-mail.

The “R” designation in the MS362 C-M R model number means that the saw is equipped with a wrap handle bar, larger bucking spikes, and an enhanced sprocket cover. Its oil pump is no different from one installed in a stock MS362C-M model.
The product number is “MS362 R C-M along with the length of the bar. Example: MS362R C-M-25 for 25” bar & chain assembly.

Thank you again for your e-mail.

Best regards,
Wayne Lemmond
Technical Service Representative
STIHL Inc.

That was fast!...............!!

We are in receipt of and thank you for your e-mail.

The “R” designation in the MS362 C-M R model number means that the saw is equipped with a wrap handle bar, larger bucking spikes, and an enhanced sprocket cover. Its oil pump is no different from one installed in a stock MS362C-M model.
The product number is “MS362 R C-M along with the length of the bar. Example: MS362R C-M-25 for 25” bar & chain assembly.

Thank you again for your e-mail.
The MS 362 is AWESOME!!!!!!
Best regards,
Wayne Lemmond
Technical Service Representative
STIHL Inc.
Fixed

Wayne said noting about my comments about some Stihl dealers being clueless at times.

I stated in my e-mail to him, that I would not purchase the saw until I heard back from him.
Probably an automated response, a computer reads the email and responds accordingly.

Are you still lovin your 362c ? How long did it take for yours to get loose ?

looks like you guys had a lot of fun in this thread the other night, without me,

To answer your question, I loved this 362 R CM until the day I sold it. yeah I no longer have it, sold it to member here, and he had it for sale in the post here a few weeks ago, I almost bought it back, but it didn't work out.

I plan to get another one soon, it is or was probably my favorite saw. My next one will have the oval sticker outta TN on it for sure this time :) It was me 1st ever Stihl, but since I have replaced it with other Stihl's so my life is not Stihl-less,,, :) But I missing a 60cc,,, for now.

My 362 R CM didn't get loose, until around 8-10 tanks I'd say, I only ran 14 threw the saw total. That mall rat you posted the pic of, looks a lot looser to me,, :) she looks she had a few loads, run threw her if you ask me,,,

DSCN9622.JPG

Im gonna set them side by side later..i know huskys arent as tall as they appear sometimes..that high top can be deceiving ..a 372 is barely taller than a 441..i think its how you look at em

Why does a 441 look like its the same size as a 661..pictures confuse me , sometimes i think a 390 looks twice the size of a 660 , then the total opposite from another picture..i give up

Might just be the angle of the pic, not sure. Here is a pic of them side by side. The 661 is fatter/wider. Weight wise, I am not good at judging weights holding them in my hands. I should put them on a scale with 28" bars on both, just to see. But if I hold the 661 in one hand and the 441 in the other I cant tell the difference, well maybe a little to the 661. But I am not good at feeling it right off like some guys are.

DSCN9641.JPG

Might just be the angle of the pic, not sure. Here is a pic of them side by side. The 661 is fatter/wider. Weight wise, I am not good at judging weights holding them in my hands. I should put them on a scale with 28" bars on both, just to see. But if I hold the 661 in one hand and the 441 in the other I cant tell the difference, well maybe a little to the 661. But I am not good at feeling it right off like some guys are.

View attachment 394893

Its more than a scale mang , i think balance is where its at , balnce will make a heavier saw feel better than a lighter one with bad balance

Its more than a scale mang , i think balance is where its at , balnce will make a heavier saw feel better than a lighter one with bad balance

got it! Right now, the 661 has a 28" Tsumura lite bar on it, and it feels PERFECT! The 441 has a 28" cannon and it feels really nose heavy. Balance wise right now the 661 feels BEST! I had the Tsumura on the 441 and it felt OK (but still pretty front heavy) I think the 441 would be best with a 24" bar, then a 28" to balance it out?

got it! Right now, the 661 has a 28" Tsumura lite bar on it, and it feels PERFECT! The 441 has a 28" cannon and it feels pretty nose heavy. Balance wise right now the 661 feels BEST! I had the Tsumura on the 441 and it felt OK (but still pretty front heavy) I think the 441 would be best with a 24" bar, then a 28" to balance it out?

441s balance nice with 28 oregon RW and stihl es lights..i never tried a tsumura..i agree totally though

I will give that a try, but when you see the pic of the 661 on the "hook" with the 28" Tsumura, be prepared you will see PERFECTION! :)
I have a 7.2hp 461 we will run beside Laslabs 661 to see if ill sell my 461 or not!! Lol!!! Ported Im sure the 661 will be alot stronger than the 461 but for now Im happy with my 461. 661 is a fine saw no doubt though and if I didnt have a strong ported 461 id like one but I would want it ported

Back