I got myself a Dolmar 420

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its not available in the USA. You can get one shipped from europe. With shipping it will set you back double or more than a PS-420.:msp_scared:

Yep, but easily avaliable here, at a pretty low price - I'm just not interested in a 43cc saw with an inboard clutch, and a a lot less power than than some 45-50cc saws, that weight about the same.......:msp_biggrin:

Last edited:
Alright troll let's see specs with alot more power out of a 45cc saw.

Who runs a stock saw anyways.

PS420s cut and handle awesome, no matter what the book says for weight. They balance nice too. I always liked mine, even with the lo-pro chain (if I kept it longer I would have upgraded to .325). If anyone is considering one new, work a .325 setup into the deal. Dealers don't seem to be a problem in Canada either-I have two in my hometown.

Sawtroll might have a point though...I ended up selling mine because I have a mint 026 that I prefer, so the 420 wasn't getting used.

PS420s cut and handle awesome, no matter what the book says for weight. They balance nice too. I always liked mine, even with the lo-pro chain (if I kept it longer I would have upgraded to .325). If anyone is considering one new, work a .325 setup into the deal. Dealers don't seem to be a problem in Canada either-I have two in my hometown.

Sawtroll might have a point though...I ended up selling mine because I have a mint 026 that I prefer, so the 420 wasn't getting used.

That is funny.
I have a mint 026 also.
But I prefer the 420.

Mike

Hey moparman....This will be THE main saw, mostly fire wood, probably oak not bigger than 12-14 inches. If I run into something realy big I'll leave it or rent a saw at homedepo for a day. The saw will be new, unopened, in the box. I will run it for a while to see what I think. The extra cylinder idea was just an idea, cheaper than shipping a whole power head, and I would still have the saw to use while the spare is being ported.

russhd...I had the same problem wanting to touch one to see what it was like. I did a dealer search and had 6 within 60 mile. I called all and not one had a ps-420 or 421. Most carried other saws as well but no dolmars in stock...but they would order them at list price + shipping + taxes. Found one through one of the members here and got it for a price shipped to my door and still saved $45. So I took a leap of faith. Most everyone here that has one liked it, plus I love the ORANGE color. (It's not CAD, really, I need this saw.)

Only saw...he said "only saw"....:msp_lol::msp_lol::msp_lol: I give you a month and you will have a ms660 or a 395xp for limbing purposes and three back up saws for the backup saw. In two months you will go from having a one saw plan to having a 30 saw plan. I know how it goes as do we all here.

Only saw...he said "only saw".... In two months you will go from having a one saw plan to having a 30 saw plan.

I don't know... some people do exhibit great self control. Unfortunately, I find that mine diminishes proportionately to the time I spend on this site...

I said "THE main saw." Not the only saw. I have a homelite ez and an echo cs-310. The 310 for light work and some limbing, the ps-420 is to replace the ez which is about 35 years old. Still runs but a bugger to start. It will look good sitting on the fireplace mantle all cleaned up. It has cut alot of wood in the past. Heated our house with wood cut by it for several years while living in Denver some years back. It had a 16" B/C on it. There wasn't much it couldn't handle. I removed a 34" diameter silver maple for a neighbor with it. Needed a hand saw to cut the center out of it to knock the trunck over after removing the main limbs. I went straight in all the way around the tree, wedged it, and cut the center by hand and then knocked it over with a pry bar. :hmm3grin2orange:

Don't forget mine was running the lo-pro chain (with a 15" low-kickback bar). The saw was limited with that setup, but still a fun saw.

My 420 runs the same bar and chain and I don't feel nearly as limited with it as I do running that over-revving, underpowered, antiquated, hard to work on hunk of glorified junk from the #1 O.P.E. marketer in the world.

I would MUCH prefer the 1127 series (029-MS390) to that overpriced, over-hyped lump of equine manure.

And....................for what it's worth, I have a muffler modded Poulan Pro 295 here that is twice the saw of the 026/026PRO/MS260!

But I guess that's why they make chocolate and vanilla!

Mike

I wasn't referring to the facts. I was referring to your constant intrusion in to threads to do nothing but go on and on and on about how the Husqvarna is better, blah blah, however irrelevant it is to the topic. #### if you have nothing constructive to say.

While on the subject of intrusion into threads and having non-constructive things to say...

My 420 runs the same bar and chain and I don't feel nearly as limited with it as I do running that over-revving, underpowered, antiquated, hard to work on hunk of glorified junk from the #1 O.P.E. marketer in the world.

I would MUCH prefer the 1127 series (029-MS390) to that overpriced, over-hyped lump of equine manure.

And....................for what it's worth, I have a muffler modded Poulan Pro 295 here that is twice the saw of the 026/026PRO/MS260!

But I guess that's why they make chocolate and vanilla!

Mike

Good for you! You should be very proud of yourself!

Relax, this is just a forum.....

Back