I May Get Banned......But........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had the USPS fumble the ball and deliver parts as well as payment weeks after due.

I bought my 028 Super off the trading post here and it didnt show up for 3 weeks. i never accused but thought I got screwed. He assured me it was sent and it finally showed up.

I just had a member send me some 029 parts 2 weeks ago that finally showed up yesterday.

Sorry about that, I would have sent it something like 3-day but assumed it would get there within a week so I didn't bother.

Rich I have run into people paying with paypal using credit card and you always get charged a fee.....Now I make them pay the amount we agree on and they have to pay the fee ......Ive been shorted plenty .......No more.....

Good luck Rich ........

Sorry about that, I would have sent it something like 3-day but assumed it would get there within a week so I didn't bother.

NO NO! I wasnt meaning you were slow to ship or anything. I appreciate you sending me the parts. What I was going for was that the USPS is prone to delays like that. I ship a ton of stuff parcel post myself because it is sometimes cheaper.

(For the record, Harzack sent me these parts for free. We have bartered and stuff before). It wasnt him I was getting at, but that shipping SNAFU's happen quite a bit.

Hope it works out for you Rich!

I have sent several thing to members here w/ the good old internet hand shake...Never had a problem, but most where members w/ lots of post and time here...I sent a saw a while back and told the member what I wanted, but didn't want payment til he recieved the saw and made sure it was what he was expecting...He paid more than I was asking...So I bought him a raffle ticket from litefoots raffle...Hope it all works out for you...

he received the handle on 10/07/09 and here it is 10/14/09!

You have more faith in the postal service than I do.

It recently took 3 weeks for a parcel post package to travel from Phoenix to my Idaho address. The ebay seller assured me she sent it out the same day I bought it, and it turned out she was telling the truth.

I hope you get your money. Be patient.

Personally, I would have gladly taken Paypal. Heard all kinds of bad stories about Paypal, but it's been good to me......except for the 3% fees.

No-pay

I am with You on the no PAY PAL scam I:censored: hate to think that I get charged for spending money or for taking some one elses:dizzy: It is bad enough with all the e-bay fees when they OWN pay -pal scam and MAKE You have an account to sell. Not me any more. Good luck with the USPS ,they are Goverment employees after all!! Hope that last statement does't offend anyone personally!! Just the over all agency. :dizzy:

not necessarly true.

When someone claims they don't use paypal,this is a red flag right there.
Paypal or scampal today it seems.
It's free and easy to use.With just a small % to pay for the high security.
When someone claims they don't use paypal; tell 'em sorry we couldn't do business.Perhaps next time when your setup with a free paypal account.

i don't like them because every time i go to use it there is some new rule and they are just a big PITA! not to mention greedy crooks.i use postal money orders as much as possible.keeps Americans in jobs too.

I hope you get the money, of course.

Guess I would not be worrying at this point, unless I needed it real bad or something.

Mr. HE:cool:

When someone claims they don't use paypal; tell 'em sorry we couldn't do business.Perhaps next time when your setup with a free paypal account.

Sorry but after being burned by Paypal twice for over $500 each time, I refuse to accept it.

Far to many games have been played with Paypal in the past, where they would not stand being their problems...no way in hell I'm going to give them money now.

If he sent the check on the 5th that's only 7 working days. Hopefully it's just a delay in the mail.

i don't like them because every time i go to use it there is some new rule and they are just a big PITA! not to mention greedy crooks.i use postal money orders as much as possible.keeps Americans in jobs too.
Same here.

i agree if he mailed ot out on the 5th after they closed and then any 1 issue and it could be friday before you see it.

I've bought a saw off of the trading post before. I asked if bank check was acceptable and the seller said yes. Once it cleared he would send the saw. His bank accepted it right away and the saw was sent out that day. As a buyer my only assurance was that if there was a problem with the transaction I could cancel the check (although only after 90 days). As a seller, he took the risk of the bank check being counterfeit. Granted my address isn't in Nigeria, but he was still taking a slight risk. I thanked him for his honesty and everything was good to go. Wouldn't hesitate to do it again, but I do look at the sellers # of posts and how long they have been a member. Hope everything works out for you.

I guess I'm out of luck then. I don't have Pay Pal, Don't use credit cards or personal checks unless requested. I use a bank money order or post office ones. I've got lots of stuff from a bunch of the guys on here and never had a problem. I take the risk most of the time and tell most folks to hold the item till they get the money order. Most of the guys on here have been good enough to go ahead and ship it anyway. That's what trust is all about, but then you have the crazies that get into everything and mess it up for all of us. Hope it all works out for you, remember the mail is prone to screw up too.
I allow a week to ten days on the mail. Good luck.

There needs to be trading forum feedback and a blacklist of sellers and buyers.

Cash or Postal money order, only. The post office will scan the money order on the spot before the parcel gets labeled and ships. If you ship before cash in hand or use PayPal then get comfortable with making charitable contributions to criminals and the like.

Hopefully your payment shows up soon, very soon.

I don't use Paypal. Paypal is anti-gun. Any company that doesn't support the 2nd amendment doesn't get my money, unless I have no other choice.

Not to start a debate or argument, just wanted people to know good honest people can still not use Paypal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back