I May Get Banned......But........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I wish I had his handle as I would expose him in a heartbeat. He contacted me via email. I accidentally deleted his email address. That part was MY FAULT.

His failure to pay is his part.

Ok Rich, I dont mind outing a deadbeat saw or saw parts thief, but it's gotta have a name, it's gotta be specific, it cant be a warning about .......air.

Otherwise, we open the door to all kinds of beware of the boogeyman posts that are non specific, whenever a deal goes bad or somebody just wants to shake up the other side by going public. Going public is fine, as long as its specific, if it's specific it's easier because we hear both sides.

I'm locking this one. I'll open it, if and when you have more info.

You could just delete the whole deal, I can't imagine many people here would complain at all.

You mean the people that don't have any skin in the game right, those are the ones who wouldn't complain?

Do you think deleting this thread prevents thread #2 on the same issue?

Does deleting the thread resolve the issue?

I think biatching threads about deals gone south should not be here at all.

But that is just me....

But that is just me....

I disagree. If someone is getting screwed here, it should get outed. There shouldn't be a "no talk about it" rule that crooks can hide behind.

FWIW, I think this is not a sinister deal at all and I have heard from both sides.

Yet they don't seem to be on the same page yet.......don't you have some digressing that needs doing? :)

I disagree. If someone is getting screwed here, it should get outed. There shouldn't be a "no talk about it" rule that crooks can hide behind.

FWIW, I think this is not a sinister deal at all and I have heard from both sides.

Yet they don't seem to be on the same page yet.......don't you have some digressing that needs doing? :)

Sniff.....

Is this an official "whacking" of my "peepee"?

So this is a transaction "from" AS, then if you want to get into it, then that is
cool.

Hopefully it won't get too common, as the forum should stay pretty neutral,
well, maybe...

It just sounded like opening a new can of worms....But I am game...

But that is just me....

Fish,

Being the number one poster in a thread you don't think belongs here is beyond normal reason.

Curiously,

ole joat

You mean the people that don't have any skin in the game right, those are the ones who wouldn't complain?

Do you think deleting this thread prevents thread #2 on the same issue?

Does deleting the thread resolve the issue?

I genuinely feel for a guy that gets ripped off, nobody needs that.

What you have is a thread with no real information to warn the rest of about the guy. And a few pages of food information.

I will admit that the thread is only 8 days old, maybe ditching it is premature and locking it down is the solution.

There are a handful of people here that I would send a part too before I recieve payment and there are no one post newbies on that list.

hmph!!!

Now add to that list Shrimp and Grits, Biscuits and Gravy, and good collard greens w/ smoked ham hocks.

Edit to add, the best part of southern food...the women who cook it :)

Ya'll forgot the grits!!! Grits and boobs.... What else could a man ask for?? lmao

:p

There are a handful of people here that I would send a part too before I recieve payment and there are no one post newbies on that list.

Right on. I deal with a lot of people here, and usually the first transaction either way, money is recieved before shipping. Most times after that, I just send them what we trade or sell/buy.

I have sent parts several times and never talked much about trade or money because when I need a part they offer it up if they have it.

I have had great experiences dealing with people here on AS, only had one or two problems, and they werent big deals to worry about. I did sell a saw to a guy that had a few problems with it, and I offered to fix it, but havent heard a response yet.

I hope things worked out for you Rich!

So maybe I b1tched too soon but not now. Here it is the 22nd. and still no money. Wow maybe $60 doesn't matter to some but it matters to me. Especially since I sent it to him trusting he would pay.

He got the parts on the 7th and in a PM said he lost my address. I gave it to him again and no PM since and still no money.

BRIMMSTONE I want my money!!!

Get the moss off of your wallet and send the d@mn money!!!

NO MORE EXCUSES!!!

So maybe I b1tched too soon but not now. Here it is the 22nd. and still no money. Wow maybe $60 doesn't matter to some but it matters to me. Especially since I sent it to him trusting he would pay.

He got the parts on the 7th and in a PM said he lost my address. I gave it to him again and no PM since and still no money.

NO MORE EXCUSES!!!
Now we are getting somewhere!!

My point is/was, if the guy responds, who will decide which side is telling
the truth?

The guy that starts the first thread?

The guy that is more popular?
The guy with more posts?? More pos.rep?????

Will the moderator step in and make a "ruling"???

If so, who will/would enforce it??????

Where would it end????

That is all............ Is that where this forum needs to go???

If one side has a bunch of friends, and the guy complaining has a bunch,
and it gets ugly, as things often do here, what would the end result be?

That is all, not trying to start trouble, just keep it from forming.....

My point is/was, if the guy responds, who will decide which side is telling
the truth?

The guy that starts the first thread?

The guy that is more popular?
The guy with more posts?? More pos.rep?????

Will the moderator step in and make a "ruling"???

If so, who will/would enforce it??????

Where would it end????

That is all............ Is that where this forum needs to go???

If one side has a bunch of friends, and the guy complaining has a bunch,
and it gets ugly, as things often do here, what would the end result be?

That is all, not trying to start trouble, just keep it from forming.....

Jeez Fish, you gotta stop watching the peoples court. A winner??? Hell, anyone who doesn't get screwed in the future is a winner.

You know what, ask J.Walker if he'd rather have known he was sending his saws out to be modded to a thief before he sent them. I'm willing to bet he'd have not sent them.

Jeez Fish, you gotta stop watching the peoples court. A winner??? Hell, anyone who doesn't get screwed in the future is a winner.

You know what, ask J.Walker if he'd rather have known he was sending his saws out to be modded to a thief before he sent them. I'm willing to bet he'd have not sent them.

100% true...................Bet Jack is still kicking himself for trusting him......

NO MORE EXCUSES!!!

Looks like his last post was on the 14th. When did you send the PM? To use Fish's term, his "street cred" is going to zero rather quickly. I'd think his rep is not far behind. If the story was untrue, there would be some kind of rebuttal. What's your side, Brimmstone?

Fish is right

I don't mean to be a stick in the mud, but I work for people who like to write letters that conclude with the words "govern yourself accordingly" daily.

If it becomes Arborist site moderator policy to out or blacklist crooks,there might be legal concerns to consider. Fair comment is fine and anyone with a backbone has nothing to worry about, but when the insults start to fly and some dirtbag feels his reputation or business interests have been slighted and damaged, you are exposing the site to some possible civil liability.

Finally, if someone is a real crooked piece of work, he might say so and so ripped him off even though so and so is as honest as the day is long. Although the possibility of this happening is remote, I am sure that is exactly what you would not like to happen

Not even the courts are particularly expert at dividing the wheat from the chaff, lets not try to do it here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back