I May Get Banned......But........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
seems like he was posting almost daily, then nothing since the 13th? wonder if something else is going on here not related to chainsaws. I sold some parts to a RC helicopter (my other hobby) and happened to get paid the sme day my daughter was born, needless to say his parts didnt go out for about 4 days, and i didnt log into that website in that time, and he understandibly had gotten nervious and started a thread simular to this one, maybe there is more to this story...

Leave 'em be. As long as the members here know that is what matters.

Fish............these are always a he said/she said type thing.

I've on here for 7 or so years I think my credibilty from helping members here to doing muffler mods speaks for itself!!!

Rich your a great guy in my book!!! ........:cheers::cheers:

Brimmstone was on this site today according to his last activity in his user profile.

I also sent a friendly PM asking him to come current.

I don't mean to be a stick in the mud, but I work for people who like to write letters that conclude with the words "govern yourself accordingly" daily.

If it becomes Arborist site moderator policy to out or blacklist crooks,there might be legal concerns to consider. Fair comment is fine and anyone with a backbone has nothing to worry about, but when the insults start to fly and some dirtbag feels his reputation or business interests have been slighted and damaged, you are exposing the site to some possible civil liability.
:dizzy:
Finally, if someone is a real crooked piece of work, he might say so and so ripped him off even though so and so is as honest as the day is long. Although the possibility of this happening is remote, I am sure that is exactly what you would not like to happen

Not even the courts are particularly expert at dividing the wheat from the chaff, lets not try to do it here

Stick in the mud? Moderator policy? Ha........You should work on your reality comprehension for starters, if you're going to admonish about the law, you should probably base that on the FACTS. So I'll just give you a hearty *yawn* on your warnings.

hey look who's on

Brimmstone

Last Activity: Today 06:27 AM
Current Activity: Viewing Thread Treeslaying Illinois style

Stick in the mud? Moderator policy? Ha........You should work on your reality comprehension for starters, if you're going to admonish about the law, you should probably base that on the FACTS. So I'll just give you a hearty *yawn* on your warnings.

Further to your assertions, my post was neither an admonishment nor a legal opinion. It was not written to provoke your ill manners; my only intention was to protect the interests of Arborist Site. Perhaps I was mistaken to believe that Arborist Site Guideline Five in particular exists for a reason and that we live in litigious societies? Regardless I will leave you in peace with as much rope as you need. you go ahead and start your unlicensed collection agency/black list complete with corporate sponsors at the top of the web page and I will just sit and watch how that works out for you.
:angrysoapbox::confused::popcorn:

Further to your assertions, my post was neither an admonishment nor a legal opinion. It was not written to provoke your ill manners; my only intention was to protect the interests of Arborist Site. Perhaps I was mistaken to believe that Arborist Site Guideline Five in particular exists for a reason and that we live in litigious societies? Regardless I will leave you in peace with as much rope as you need. you go ahead and start your unlicensed collection agency/black list complete with corporate sponsors at the top of the web page and I will just sit and watch how that works out for you.
:angrysoapbox::confused::popcorn:

Sorry, I was trying to politely tell you I felt you were full of crap and that your opinion at it's very foundation was founded some beliefs you have conjured up yourself outside of any factual happenings.

Thankfully you had decided to sign up three months ago just to save the site, how did we make it this far without you?

You said moderator policy to out and blacklist crooks
start an unlicensed collection agency

Both are figments of your imagination, no matter what they write on the bottom of letters where you work. So spare me your advice about lawsuits about what's in your imagination and you aren't leaving us with any rope, you aren't doing anything, just so you understand that.
You are just butting in where it doesn't concern you and trying to portay you as some type expert on things that don't exist.

There's really not a polite way to tell someone they are full of crap as it turns out.

Since I am definitely full of crap, I will post again.

So what will be the guidelines of airing disputes here on AS?

We have had E-Bay disagreements aired here, Craiglist, and now AS
transactions.

You say it is to prevent crooks from setting up shop here, or the like.

You want to expose any crooks before any members here get burnt, etc.

Is that the way this site wants to go? What if the disagreement was
between Thall and Lakeside, or Sawtroll?
Not a realistic question, but a reasonable scenario..

I am not suggesting anything about the o.p. on this thread, I am sure he
is right, and the other guy is pure scum. But is that what we want to be doing here? Everyone here is active on the internet, trading in saws, etc.

And with that, there will be many problems, and since many of those folks may be
members here, does this forum/forums need to get involved in all of the
disputes, moreover, any of them....???????

That is my point, and only my point. This is my last post on this one, as
my input is not valued. I have not read the forum rules, but I would think
that they would be against it. But maybe not, it doesn't really matter to me.

But if the one bringing the "complaint" before the "forum", happens to be
a friend of a moderator, then the water gets even muddier, and if a member
is "afraid" of pissing of any moderator, then maybe even muddier.

I like conversing with all of you guys, but I will not ever jump in a dispute thread again, as they always have 2 sides, and both sides have friends,
and one side's post count or rep, or allies, should not win the case....

My only point at this point is, that the fight should not be here at all.

When someone claims they don't use paypal,this is a red flag right there.
Paypal or scampal today it seems.
It's free and easy to use.With just a small % to pay for the high security.
When someone claims they don't use paypal; tell 'em sorry we couldn't do business.Perhaps next time when your setup with a free paypal account.

I have to agree it takes an established address and a bank account its harder for a person to screw you using the service then there are arbitrators that can step in especially if he uses a credit card.

Like you said live and learn, "you cant loan people money in order for them to do business with you" thats rule #2 posted on my wall. Bet you are glad it wasnt a 372xpw instead of just a handle! :)

Kansas

I'm still pretty new here, and I have no dog in this fight, so I should probably keep my big mouth shut.. But, good sense has never been my strong suit, and it's never stopped me from opening my mouth in the past..
Maybe I'm naive, but I'm 60 years young... never screwed anyone on a deal, and have only gotten "less than fair deals" a couple of times.
In many transactions, a handshake were the only terms necessary.. I come from an era and upbringing where a man's word was his bond... Archaic, I know, but it's worked for me this long and I don't intend to change now!
I don't know the details of this deal, but a man's personal reputation is far more important than a few dollars, or even more than a few dollars. It's the most valuable possession we have! And, we all have to look at ourselves in the mirror each morning... I only shave about once a week (sometimes less) so I don't have to view my ugly maw as often..
All that said, I still believe that the vast majority of people are honest, and will do the right thing..
But then, maybe I'm just a dinosaur with outdated values and traditions..

I sure hope not!

Sorry, I was trying to politely tell you I felt you were full of crap and that your opinion at it's very foundation was founded some beliefs you have conjured up yourself outside of any factual happenings.

Thankfully you had decided to sign up three months ago just to save the site, how did we make it this far without you?

You said moderator policy to out and blacklist crooks
start an unlicensed collection agency

Both are figments of your imagination, no matter what they write on the bottom of letters where you work. So spare me your advice about lawsuits about what's in your imagination and you aren't leaving us with any rope, you aren't doing anything, just so you understand that.
You are just butting in where it doesn't concern you and trying to portay you as some type expert on things that don't exist.

There's really not a polite way to tell someone they are full of crap as it turns out.

Kind sir

Thank you for your bald faced assertions, they reflect your character and manners. The irony of your acusations of my "doing something where it does not concern me" is overwhelming; how do non pays concern your honour, lord justice of this site?

I offered friendly advice and you offered dismissive ad hominem insults and this slinging match resulted. I have no idea why you wanted this.

Now that you have entered in a discussion about motivation with me, how do you pretend to enforce rules of civility when you run roughshod over them> I would not be surprised if someone like you were to ban or suspend me for speaking up to you because that is the best you could ever do in a debate with me.

As "full of crap" as I may be and "out of touch with factual happenings"(whatever the you meant by that) i have found that there nothing worse than a small mind that swells with arrogance in a thick skull.

Kind sir

Thank you for your bald faced assertions, they reflect your character and manners. The irony of your acusations of my "doing something where it does not concern me" is overwhelming; how do non pays concern your honour, lord justice of this site?

I offered friendly advice and you offered dismissive ad hominem insults and this slinging match resulted. I have no idea why you wanted this.

Now that you have entered in a discussion about motivation with me, how do you pretend to enforce rules of civility when you run roughshod over them> I would not be surprised if someone like you were to ban or suspend me for speaking up to you because that is the best you could ever do in a debate with me.

As "full of crap" as I may be and "out of touch with factual happenings"(whatever the you meant by that) i have found that there nothing worse than a small mind that swells with arrogance in a thick skull.

Wow!!!!. Now this thread may have some good reading yet.....

Since I am definitely full of crap, I will post again.

So what will be the guidelines of airing disputes here on AS?

Guidelines, what guidelines, why do you need guidelines. How about we just use the site guidelines that are already in place?

We have had E-Bay disagreements aired here, Craiglist, and now AS
transactions.

Ugh....yes we have, actually we had AS transactions aired here well prior to any ebay or craigslists transactions. What's your point?

You say it is to prevent crooks from setting up shop here, or the like.

You want to expose any crooks before any members here get burnt, etc

So you feel allowing crooks to set up shop and allowing members to get burnt is the way to go. Why?

Is that the way this site wants to go?

Actually, I think the site would prefer that everyone got along and was honorable in their dealings.

What if the disagreement was
between Thall and Lakeside, or Sawtroll?
Not a realistic question, but a reasonable scenario..

What if it was? Is your memory that short you don't remember AS Icons getting called on the mat for their discretions?

I am not suggesting anything about the o.p. on this thread, I am sure he
is right, and the other guy is pure scum.

I'd like to point out that I am not suggesting anything about either side of this issue. I've heard from Rich, I've heard from Brimmstone, it all sounds like an innocent screw up at this point, I expect resolution and I'm a little disappointed it is not resolved already.

But is that what we want to be doing here?

What? Is that all you see? Is nothing else happening on the site? What percentage of the activity here, would you say you were concerned with?

Everyone here is active on the internet, trading in saws, etc.

And with that, there will be many problems, and since many of those folks may be
members here, does this forum/forums need to get involved in all of the
disputes, moreover, any of them....???????

This site is how many years old??? How many threads of the 104,887 that are here are you concerned with? Be specific please.

That is my point, and only my point. This is my last post on this one, as
my input is not valued. I have not read the forum rules, but I would think
that they would be against it. But maybe not, it doesn't really matter to me.

It doesn't matter?

But if the one bringing the "complaint" before the "forum", happens to be
a friend of a moderator, then the water gets even muddier, and if a member
is "afraid" of pissing of any moderator, then maybe even muddier.

Of course you can cite examples of that right? What about when a moderator was doing the stealing, do you remember that far back? How about when sponsors were dropping guys saws behind the workbench for 6 months and saying they forgot it fell back there, the 10 more guys come out claiming the same thing. How about when we delete the posts before the issue is resolved, then what? Yup, we get to delete all the new posts that pop up, and we get to have the arguments pop up on threads that are not even about the deal. Sorry history seems to show it's better to lance the boil right here and now and then delete the thread, not to brush it under the carpet and pretend it doen't exist. Is that what you would advocate, sweeping it under the rug? If so, why?

I like conversing with all of you guys, but I will not ever jump in a dispute thread again, as they always have 2 sides, and both sides have friends,
and one side's post count or rep, or allies, should not win the case....

See I think that you are wrong and have greatly underestimated the integrity of the members here. I think they can view the situation and make a decision for themselves as to what was right or wrong. You are saying that are will stand behind someone screwing somebody on a deal, just because they are friends with that side. I don't think so and I don't think history here has shown that to be true either, in fact I know it doesn't.

My only point at this point is, that the fight should not be here at all.

An ostrich approach really doesn't work, what do you suggest as a solution? Nobody likes it, but it happens. Complaining alone won't solve it

I'm still pretty new here, and I have no dog in this fight, so I should probably keep my big mouth shut.. But, good sense has never been my strong suit, and it's never stopped me from opening my mouth in the past..
Maybe I'm naive, but I'm 60 years young... never screwed anyone on a deal, and have only gotten "less than fair deals" a couple of times.
In many transactions, a handshake were the only terms necessary.. I come from an era and upbringing where a man's word was his bond... Archaic, I know, but it's worked for me this long and I don't intend to change now!
I don't know the details of this deal, but a man's personal reputation is far more important than a few dollars, or even more than a few dollars. It's the most valuable possession we have! And, we all have to look at ourselves in the mirror each morning... I only shave about once a week (sometimes less) so I don't have to view my ugly maw as often..
All that said, I still believe that the vast majority of people are honest, and will do the right thing..
But then, maybe I'm just a dinosaur with outdated values and traditions..

I sure hope not!

I am also ever hopeful that the vast majority are decent, I know I have benefited from the kindness of strangers many times. It was my pleasure to rep you for this post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back