I May Get Banned......But........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rahtreelimbs

A.K.A Rotten Tree Limbs
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Amoungst My Saws........Fool That Has Too Many!!!
Just a heads up. I sold a Husky 372 Full Wrap Handle to a guy on the Trading post here. This gent wanted to pay me using Paypal and I explained that I don't use paypal. He went on to say that he got screwed too many times doing payment other ways. I said Ok......I'll send you the handle......you pay me when you get as I like the folks here and thought I would be doing him a favor. Well he received the handle on 10/07/09 and here it is 10/14/09 and I have nothing. He stated that he put the check in the mail on 10/05/09. I was contacted through email on the handle and accidently deleted the email so I have no way of getting ahold of him.

This is by no means to put a dark spot on the Trading Post here...........just a buyer beware notice!!!

That sucks. Hope this turns out good as I hate to think enthusists on here would stick each other.

That sucks. Hope this turns out good as I hate to think enthusists on here would stick each other.

Exactly..........the Trading Post is a good thing here. Apparently this guy got stuck and decided to do it to me to satisfy his lack of self worth.

Takes all kinds!!!

I hope this doesn't get locked down or deleted because members need to be made aware of this crap!!!

Sorry Rahtreelimbs, I had debated on asking bout that handle. But really dont need a full wrap.

Hopefully the money will show up.
I was fixing to start a thread on the off topic forum about the very subject you are covering. EX: A new guy with one post, posts a saw on the trading post, you send him the money, and never recieve anything. Kind of like the scammers on ebay.

Oh, well just have to hope for the best.

Did I read that right. You sent the handle of the saw. Then he didnt send payment. So you have a saw with no handle and he has a handle with no saw.:dizzy: So far looks like nobody wins,yet.:(

Did I read that right. You sent the handle of the saw. Then he didnt send payment. So you have a saw with no handle and he has a handle with no saw.:dizzy: So far looks like nobody wins,yet.:(

It was an extra handle I had. I try to do right and this is what happens.

Live and learn I guess.

When someone claims they don't use paypal,this is a red flag right there.
Paypal or scampal today it seems.
It's free and easy to use.With just a small % to pay for the high security.
When someone claims they don't use paypal; tell 'em sorry we couldn't do business.Perhaps next time when your setup with a free paypal account.

if not paypal, face to face. got some recourse there if they don't wanna pay.

So far I have not used pp and have not been burnt. Just me; but he may have been hurt killed or any number of other possibilities but if he stiffed you that stinks.

Its only one week, give it another week. I have had things get lost in the mail before.

When someone claims they don't use paypal; tell 'em sorry we couldn't do business.Perhaps next time when your setup with a free paypal account.

Well I dont use paypal, honestly, I dont know anything about it. I dont do the whole ebay deal.
But I am a real down to earth, honest guy. Would not ever intentionally screw somebody over.

But I dont see why somebody shouldnt do business with me just because I dont have a paypal.

PS, just saying, not tryin to start anything.

I have had the USPS fumble the ball and deliver parts as well as payment weeks after due.

I bought my 028 Super off the trading post here and it didnt show up for 3 weeks. i never accused but thought I got screwed. He assured me it was sent and it finally showed up.

I just had a member send me some 029 parts 2 weeks ago that finally showed up yesterday.

I tend to go with my gut on stuff. Newbie member, with no or bad communication, well....my gut says no. A highly respected member, been around for a while, yes, I wouldnt hesitate to send a saw across the US. (just did it this week). I have shipped several items in the past month with members, before their payment arrived. So far so good.

And you thought selling stuff to me was complicated:clap:

If you get it back send it Canadian side, we'll do it smarter this time.

It may still work out in the end

I am the one that said and doesn't use paypal and I am the one that got screwed.

I have sold and bought dozens of rifle, reloading equipment and scopes from another website.......all down by Money Order and and personal check. Never got screwed there. Most guys there won't touch paypal with a 10 ft. stick!

I just don't use paypal. If writing a check or ging to the post office to get a money order is too much trouble I guess the parts aren't worth it either!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back