I said sorry, do I owe more?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well what is the culture in CHINA. Are their trees coated in led, like the products they send us. every thing in CHINA is crap, the tree was probably punky pople.

Today, 09:55 AM
SpiralAcacia

Credits
Feedback Score
About the "Do I owe more?" thread...
Hello bubba!

I've read your post about the guy who claims to have cut that old man's tree w/out permission - him being a troll.

Wanted to ask, how come you suspect that? Do you believe him a previous troll come back with a different name?

Just curious!
Thanks

SA
OleoMac 947 (45cc) "Italian Stalion"
Ole Hacksaw

In the list:
361, 346, Fiskars, you guys are going to cost me so much money... "Ignorance is bliss" !
Reply to Private Message

Dang tweekers! Always gotta be screwin' around! :msp_thumbdn: I mean seriously...only a tweeker would think it was "just OK" to jump out and cut a tree and process it W/O permission... in the front yard! :msp_w00t: LOL! Oh the thought process in that would be a good thread all by itself.

Last edited:
Ok - I was in the wrong.

My dad lives in a place where each house has 5-10 acres of land. He is about 70, so I like to help him out with firewood when I can. So after driving by this blown down tree for about 1.5 years. I pulled over one day, cut it up and started hauling it away. I could see houses in the distance but did not really know who's land it was. This tree was maybe 20 ft from the side of the road.

So while loading my truck a neighbor drives by and tells me the name of the landowner. I decide to do the right thing and drive to his house apologize for trespassing his land and offer my sincere apologies and all the wood that i have cut. This grumpy old man decides to go into a tirade and chew me out something fierce. This is after I tried to be polite as possible, as I really did feel bad. So he did not want the wood, but told me to leave it where i got it, and continued to verbally assault me.

So I have given this quite some thought, if the man had been the least bit courteous, i would have offered him some form of cash reparations for infringing on his land. Due to him being so difficult and rude, i just dropped the wood and never looked back.

Not sure what I would have done in his shoes, what would you have done in mine?

Sorta like "I stole some wood, but since I said I was sorry, why isn't it OK?"

Some people just dont understand why it is wrong to tresspass and cut up a tree. What if the guy cut his leg off or something . Thats why the old man probably got pissed to. In this crazy world a guy can tresspass take your tree,get hurt and than sue you. Thats why you need permision before you cut on someone else property because they might want you to sign cut at your own risk or something like that.:bang:

You're lucky he just told you to leave it, I would have told you to get a bag of dowels and re-assemble it :msp_biggrin:

If we had caught you on our land you'd have been arrested, trespassers is one thing we have no tolerance for.

I had a guy chew me out for cutting wood on my own property. Said he saw it first. I told him to take all the wood he wanted but if I caught him doing it I'd kick his ass.

If we had caught you on our land you'd have been arrested, trespassers is one thing we have no tolerance for.

Where I live it doesnt matter if we put up 500 do not tresspass or private property signs. People still go on property like they own it. I would be lucky if I could get through 1 day of hunting without somenr walking there dog or jogging on property. I guess they cant read.

I am going to go against the grain here a bit, no pun intended. I believe there is a difference between trespass and malicious trespass, and a difference between theft and removing a neglected mess. People routinely enter my property without permission to pick up apples and persimmons or cross while hunting or chasing their dogs. Perfectly fine with me as long as no theft or damage incurs. It has a lot to do with geography. The small minority of folks around here that choose a hard line will commonly find themselves as a target for vandalism. For example a guy I work with raised cane with some kids who were crossing his land with ATV's. He was totally in the right and a week later his fence was cut 7 times in a 1/4 mile stretch. I wonder who did that?

It is always better to ask first but I did the same as the OP once in the last 37 years of firewooding. The guy drove up that leased the field and asked why I was stacking the limbs off the edge of the field. I told him that is the way I always do it. He went on to give me a detailed description of the location of scrap wood on his property but repeatedly told me he was not giving me permission to cut it, liability I presume. We must respect someone who declines to give permission as liability is a real threat and their property is their propery. Some work for a living, some vote for a living, and some sue for a living.

How do them Bonsai trees burn anyway :msp_confused: Damn, it must take awhile to get a cord :msp_scared:

Where I live it doesnt matter if we put up 500 do not tresspass or private property signs. People still go on property like they own it. I would be lucky if I could get through 1 day of hunting without somenr walking there dog or jogging on property. I guess they cant read.

Same here... Ppl always tell me I've got it made cause I have my own property to hunt... Doesnt make a difference, I was walked in on 5 times this year when I was bowhunting. Spent close to $300 in posted signs( not an exaggeration) and it doesnt help. Ppl have no respect for others properties.

On the other side of the coin, how would the OP feel if someone did that to him?

So someone is out in his yard removing the tires from his truck. Then after they are removed, the guy goes to the door and asks if he can have them. If you wouldn't want someone doing something similar in nature to you, then damn it, don't do it to someone else!

I have a dead tree laying at the top of a slope which I put there. (26 inches across by 12 foot long sections) If someone were to just stop and start cutting on it, I'd be very angry and god only knows what I would do. My point is, sometimes people put things where they are or leave things where they are for a reason. And since it is on their property, it is their business.

Attempting to do the right thing after the fact NEVER cuts it. :buttkick:

I am going to go against the grain here a bit, no pun intended. I believe there is a difference between trespass and malicious trespass, and a difference between theft and removing a neglected mess. People routinely enter my property without permission to pick up apples and persimmons or cross while hunting or chasing their dogs. Perfectly fine with me as long as no theft or damage incurs. It has a lot to do with geography. The small minority of folks around here that choose a hard line will commonly find themselves as a target for vandalism. For example a guy I work with raised cane with some kids who were crossing his land with ATV's. He was totally in the right and a week later his fence was cut 7 times in a 1/4 mile stretch. I wonder who did that?

It is always better to ask first but I did the same as the OP once in the last 37 years of firewooding. The guy drove up that leased the field and asked why I was stacking the limbs off the edge of the field. I told him that is the way I always do it. He went on to give me a detailed description of the location of scrap wood on his property but repeatedly told me he was not giving me permission to cut it, liability I presume. We must respect someone who declines to give permission as liability is a real threat and their property is their propery. Some work for a living, some vote for a living, and some sue for a living.

Sorry Bud! There is no difference between theft and removing a "neglected mess" that doesn't belong to you.
That's a big part of the problems we have in this world today. People think; Oh, they haven't been attentave to it, they must not want it.
If it's not yours, don't take it without permission. Period. To do so is theft, nothing less. You can't sugar coat it or justify it. And if you're too afraid to protect your property from vandal's, well, that's your problem, and another subject all together.

Andy

Last edited:
You should shake his hand for only giving you a verbal assault............

Latest posts

Back