I think I've talked myself into a tractor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bah, you got one of those "real" tractors. hehe. I am going to get some vinyl letters and put "wanna be" on the road hazard diamond that comes on mine.

Ian

its all talk until we see pics:greenchainsaw:

i have one of those old tractors, one of the best investments i have made. i am sure you will love it. sometimes i wish i had some of the newer features that make them nice to operate, but i do love having a tractor around.

like others have mentioned, you start finding all kinds of new uses for them.

on what size .when will we see pics?

Kubota BX2660. 25.5hp diesel, 4wd, dual range hydro tranny, class 1 3pt hitch, 540rpm rear pto, 60" belly mower, loader.

He said it would be here in a couple days, but since this is a short week, I just assume that it will be early next week. It would be nice to play with it on the long weekend though.

Ian

Sounds like for what you are wanting out of the tractor, you made the right call. The L series would hnave been more than you needed even though not much more money.
I've got a JD that's in the L3400 class. I wouldn't want anything smaller but I have different uses for mine.
Congrats.

You didn't get an L? Sheesh - this one is too small!!! :jester:

:popcorn::yoyo::p:D

Seriously - Should be fun. Enjoy!

Kubota BX2660. 25.5hp diesel, 4wd, dual range hydro tranny, class 1 3pt hitch, 540rpm rear pto, 60" belly mower, loader.

He said it would be here in a couple days, but since this is a short week, I just assume that it will be early next week. It would be nice to play with it on the long weekend though.

Ian

Congrats, good choice. You're gonna have a lot of fun with that machine.

I think the first thing I am going to cobble together is a 3 pt carry all to take firewood from the wood shed up to the house. Something that will take a 4'Wx18"D pallet stacked about 4' high. Probably won't be buying any fancy attachments till I get the note paid down substantially.

Ian

Oh well, I tried. I still have my Finlander made in the U.P. snow scoop. 'Cept the flames fell off the sides so it won't be as fast. Maybe I better wax it.

Got chains? I might need those on it.

Do they still have any of them Turdypointbucks up there in the U.P????? lol

I think the first thing I am going to cobble together is a 3 pt carry all to take firewood from the wood shed up to the house. Something that will take a 4'Wx18"D pallet stacked about 4' high. Probably won't be buying any fancy attachments till I get the note paid down substantially.

I would just check with your local Southern States, Tractor Supply or Fleet & Farm store and buy a prefab carryall platform. You can then put whatever size wood or box on it that you need.

Back