Indiana gtg

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been busy but caught a few minutes to see if any of these old green junks would run.

I picked out 5 and they all started! The 245 had not been started in over 2 years and it ran in three pulls. :rock:

So far I got the 71-A, 4900, 8500, 245 bow and PP325.

Going to grab maybe one more, trying to decide, Echo 900? Husky 2100? PP655? Partner P-100?, Jred920? Maybe a little saw?

attachment.php

I figured we would see some nice Poulans there.

Nice Mark, don't think I have ever seen a bow saw in action.

Have you put directions or an address on here? If so I missed it. Directions from Indianapolis?

Got the big boys out & ready to go. Figured I should touch up the cutters and GEEZ is it a task to sharpen a 47" full comp chain!!!

Both of these are relatively recent acquisitions, so I haven't had a chance to do any more than make a couple of cuts with a 21" bar on a stump in the back yard. Still trying to figure out how useful/necessary the darn wind-vane speed governors are. Could be interesting finally getting to try them out in some big wood....

Mark, I'm looking forward to seeing that bow saw in action! I've never seen a runner in 'real life'.

View attachment 295838

Nice Mark, don't think I have ever seen a bow saw in action.

Mark, I'm looking forward to seeing that bow saw in action! I've never seen a runner in 'real life'.

In that case I'm glad that it started!:msp_biggrin:

If I think about it, I'll throw in the bow for the 71-A also. Bows like lots of power.

Uh oh lads, I think I'm catching a ride with a fellow Hoosier. Never been to a GTG before, nothing special to bring. I've got a lil 350 Husky that I'd like to see how it compares to the ms261 and 346xp. Also 79cc and 84cc Makita/Dolmar that I'd like have compared to each other. I'm about out of mix oil anybody have any amsoil or klotz? I might be interested in purchasing a quart or two. The only local amsoil dealer I found doesn't stock saber.

Does the host have any special requests? I just pulled a cake out of the oven. I know everybody gets hungry.

It's an early afternoon wedding, and I'm standing up, so I'm guessing I'll need to be involved all day. However, if that changes, I will make an appearance.

Mike

Possibly a guy in a tux running a saw, I better bring my camera.

If that dang 166 doesnt take up the whole trunk in Cowroy's car, i've got a ported 261, ported 460, ported 660, and a ported 394 to bring. Back seat might have to come out though.:msp_thumbsup:

Cant wait to see those ported saws next to my stock ones!

My Dolmar 166 isn't running right. :( I have had it completely apart twice. It has a new fuel filter and lines, new tank vent hose, new carb kit and it still wants to run lean and bog like a lack of fuel. About my only option at this point is to tear it all back down and check the impulse whole. I thought I was extra careful during reassembly to keep from getting any motoseal in the whole, but that's about all it can be. I am gonna give it one more chance in the morning. :dizzy: Good to have Thursday and Friday for off days I guess.

My Dolmar 166 isn't running right. :( I have had it completely apart twice. It has a new fuel filter and lines, new tank vent hose, new carb kit and it still wants to run lean and bog like a lack of fuel. About my only option at this point is to tear it all back down and check the impulse whole. I thought I was extra careful during reassembly to keep from getting any motoseal in the whole, but that's about all it can be. I am gonna give it one more chance in the morning. :dizzy: Good to have Thursday and Friday for off days I guess.

That sucks.:(

Cowroy,
I hope you get it fixed. I want to see and hear it in action. Good Luck

Yep, that's why I like the old solid saws without all that anti-vibe crap. That's why, in my opinion, you find more burned pistons in the new saws compared to the old ones. Of course I don't cut wood all day either...

Are you suggesting something about antivibe causes the saw to burn up pistons? :confused:

Justin, just let it lay.:msp_rolleyes:

Let me give you my opinion anyway. I think the movement of the two parts of the saw works on the rubber intake and impulse hose. The older saws such as my 25DA doesn't have these parts. Of course you still have the crank seals which leak after a few years...

Last edited:
Just got back with all the food and drinks, it better not rain you guys got ALOT of eating to do. Still have to set up tables and chairs in the morning so if anyone can help it would be appreciated. Please bring your chairs if you can I didn't have as many as I thought.

Just got back with all the food and drinks, it better not rain you guys got ALOT of eating to do. Still have to set up tables and chairs in the morning so if anyone can help it would be appreciated. Please bring your chairs if you can I didn't have as many as I thought.

I am bringing the 2 tables we discussed.

Latest posts

Back