Inside the MS362

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The saw is back together and running. It's holding 11,500 in the wood!:) I'm hoping to get wih Andy and Nik tomorrow night to run it against Andy's stock 362 and Niks ported 361. I think we've got a winner here:clap:

Some have thought this saw to be rev limited. This one is not. Interestingly enough, this saw does not turn as many RPMs at WOT as a conventionally ported saw, but it's really holding them in the wood where it counts. Leaned out to straight 2-stroking, it'll turn 14,400. 14,000 is likely the max you'd want to run it. I've got it set at 13,600 right now and it's quite rich.

Brad glad it came together well. I can't wait to run it.
The running rich, has me baffled especially since I have run only a couple tanks through it, and have never seen that sort of build up on such a new saw.
But as stated in the thread I may need to be careful which oil I run, and may have to try some different brands and see which works best.
I posted it before but here it was stock. That bar was not the new one that came w/ the saw.
My rakers were set too low and I'm leaning on it pretty good w/ most of my 260 pounds.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yAwlNDEccSg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yAwlNDEccSg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Brad glad it came together well.
The running rich, has me baffled especially since I have run only a couple tanks through it, and have never seen that sort of build up on such a new saw.
But as stated in the thread I may need to be careful which oil I run, and may have to try some different brands and see which works best.

Perhaps Stihl Ultra will keep it clean. I'd go full synthetic, whatever you go with.

The non synthetic Stihl oils run really dirty, Echo's oil is a much better choice if you want to run a non syn, but I'd run a good full syn.

Here's my well used ported 7900 piston, I've been running Klotz R50 for about two years now.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Thanks as usual Brad for the great thread and the photos. I have been on the fence with these new saws and had no idea Tslinger had done a 441 until this forum.

If this build goes well there are going to be a lot of smiley faces going around. If it goes bad AS better have some free counseling on this sight. I can't wait to get the results so please hurry. So far it's been like the teenage boy reading Penthouse Forum with the last page missing.

Thanks again Brad and I know you take some heckling from other members on this sight but you have really taken this forum to a new level with the photos and openness of your talents.

I'm not sure I should show pictures of my porting before I have confirmation that it actually worked, lol. I will be making a video this evening comparing this saw to a stock 362 and ported 361, running the same B&C on all saws. It'll be late tonight before I get it posted though.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yAwlNDEccSg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yAwlNDEccSg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BOTI,

(nice look - Converse tennis shoes with chaps! - Kevlar laces?)

Philbert

Great thread and I see the bleachers are pretty full with spectators. I see popcorn is available but someone needs to be selling wings and beer!

Thanks for the info on the rebuild and looking forwared to the final showdown video.

Somewhat new to the AS forum and someone is probably going to thump me for asking but what is the best oil to run in a Stihl. I have blown up saws in the past by using bad oil and I am about to get a new MS660 and it has been a long while since I paid attention to oil, and it seems to have changed a lot! Is there a thread about oil somewhere that I am missing? Is this as bad a topic to open up as which saw is better, Stihl/Husky/Dolmar?

Great thread and I see the bleachers are pretty full with spectators. I see popcorn is available but someone needs to be selling wings and beer!

Thanks for the info on the rebuild and looking forwared to the final showdown video.

Somewhat new to the AS forum and someone is probably going to thump me for asking but what is the best oil to run in a Stihl. I have blown up saws in the past by using bad oil and I am about to get a new MS660 and it has been a long while since I paid attention to oil, and it seems to have changed a lot! Is there a thread about oil somewhere that I am missing? Is this as bad a topic to open up as which saw is better, Stihl/Husky/Dolmar?

I hear Stihl Ultra is good. I use Amsoil Sabre professional for years now, its great stuff.

Back