Introducing the Stihl MS201TC - MTronic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2ivctww.jpg
got it to day$ 600.00 cash

Just out of curiosity an u guys that have hot start issues with 540's pulling the throttle open as u pull the cord ??
The retard climber at work does it and is always pulling it 4 or 5 times and when anyone else uses and doesnt do it there is no problem at all , to much fresh air with the strato butterfly open and no actual rpm's ?

I only have a problem with the 540 when it's been sitting for 4-5 minutes or longer between cuts. If it has just been running it will fire first pull everytime without pulling the throttle. If it's been sitting a bit, pulling the throttle is the only way mine will start. Otherwise it's 15-20 pulls. Drives me crazy. I think I will be getting one of these 201tc's.

Ya sorry for dragging it off topic. I'm excited to try the new 201. Been using the older ones for quite a while at work and looking forward to the improvements in the new one.

Subscribed. Just found this thread today and learned the MS201TC is now available. I'll be calling my dealer Monday morning. Oops! WRONG! Monday is Memorial Day, so I'll call him on Tuesday.

I got a ms 201TC with M tronic on order here in new brunswick canada and should have it by the end of the week. Cost me 895 taxes in but its only money..Super pumped to run this one over my 193T which was a royal pain. Didnt spool up well and was hard to start hot..bogged in every cut and would even die if i burped the throttle too much.. I love the fact that this 201tc rips right outa the box as i have never modded a saw before and diddnt really want too( altho i would if i absolutely had to and all i could get was a 201T). Excellent job on the videos and modding.

Latest posts

Back