Iowa Fall 2012 GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, my build off saw has survived two heat cycles and a dozen Brad blips so I'm calling it done :msp_thumbsup:

The dealer I have been going to had a few NIB 5100SA and seemed to be a very good dealer and knew his stuff. If you want his info PM me and I will get it for you. I too would like to see what the differences are and if the proformance changed at all. Is your dealer close to you?
my dealer is just up the road 7-9miles... 5100s... hmmm... man you guys do encourage cad pretty well!

wonder if I could find a good 5100s trade for a rebuilt 026...??? You guys are killing me... I want a 5100/5105 now!!!

we have 3 of them ,should have room to bring along. or do like we did at our gtg and cut some rounds and v-noch them to keep up off ground.
I have some rounds v-noched for the bigger stuff but the little stuff is better on the bucks!

Last edited:
I don't think there was a single one at the spring GTG...???

Well that is hard to believe with all the talk that has went on over the years ???????? Hel'l Heiman should have one or 10. In any event I am sure one of the Iowa crew will bring one.

Feeling better?

It idles fine revs good and cuts like a banshee but, will not deliver enough fuel to sustain 14,200 four stroking. Warm it up, cut a couple times and tune it, make another cut and when you let it idle back down then recheck your tune it will level off at 13 or 13,5 then stay there a few seconds then rev clear to the rev limiter!! I have it in the hands of a pro now so we will see how well he can use his magic to make it feel better!

This helped me tune mine.

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/192423.htm

I have mine around 13,800rpm and thinking it might be time to turn it up a bit. I will see what you guys think. Hay Nathan I can call the o-crappy-dealer I bought my 5100 from and see if he still has some too, I picked mine up for $379 20" 3/8.

Well that is hard to believe with all the talk that has went on over the years ???????? Hel'l Heiman should have one or 10. In any event I am sure one of the Iowa crew will bring one.

Hook me up:clap:

There was one at the spring GTG. Just had to know where to look :msp_biggrin:

There was one at the spring GTG. Just had to know where to look :msp_biggrin:

shizzzz.... who had that? someone squirrel it away in a truck or trailer??? :confused::confused::confused:

Guess after reading so many posts about them I feel the need for speed! :wink2:

shizzzz.... who had that? someone squirrel it away in a truck or trailer??? :confused::confused::confused:

Guess after reading so many posts about them I feel the need for speed! :wink2:

If it's speed you're looking for, you may want to look somewhere else...:msp_biggrin:
The 090 was never one to wow ya with rpm's...:msp_wink:

You were close Mitch,I just took it out of the tool box last week and brought it back in the house. I needed room for my firewood saws. In fact it is setting here by my desk. Between the heat and fighting a bad case of depression,I haven't done much saw work this summer. No it's not for sale.

If it's speed you're looking for, you may want to look somewhere else...:msp_biggrin:
The 090 was never one to wow ya with rpm's...:msp_wink:

what do you think the :wink2: was about??? LOL I know they aren't speed demons but it would be one more to check off the list of saws I've haven't had the pleasure of:msp_wub:...

PS: I'm kinda teed-off right now... I want a blue dcs5030! My dsc540, 6401, & dsc9010 will be lonely without one...Wonder how much a power head would cost to ship from over sea's...??? LOL... Now that's some real CAD rite thur!

Last edited:
Knowing Jim, its still in the tool box in back of his truck. wrapped in a towel :msp_biggrin:

You know what I do remember seeing it now. He didn't have it running though.

I picked up new OEM crank seals for the 029 today. Man they aren't cheap:eek: $36 for two

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Do my saws have to look like they're going to prom for this gig or can they actually look like work saws?

Sent from my XT881 using Tapatalk 2

Do my saws have to look like they're going to prom for this gig or can they actually look like work saws?

Sent from my XT881 using Tapatalk 2

You must polish them...
And use a toothbrush to clean them...
And take pictures of them being loaded, then photoshop the pics for more vibrant color...
And stuff...

Latest posts

Back