Iowa Fall GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe the watch said it was beer-thirty!
Next time bring less beer and more 7900's!

Ok a couple more. There was a couple VERY strong 084 in the crowd.

attachment.php

attachment.php
That was John's ported 084, his 064 was super strong!

Man, I miss all the good stuff!

I did take some frustrations out on a good sized white oak after work yesterday though.

Keep the pics coming, and I expect I'll see a few of ya in a month or so, WGP, pele, and probably JD sooner. I had to spring for Amsoil mix today, the only synthetic oil at the corner store.

Where's the pics of Mark's latest non-yellow acquisition?

This one Bill? All parties are safe and insured. Not two days passed and there was a replacement delivered. He managed to spread the gap with the corn field by a hundred yards before bailing out.

attachment.php

I have just to say thank you to everyone for a great time at my first GTG, especally to Mitch and his wife for hosting. And thank you to the great hospitality of everybody. This was a great time for me, learned a lot and had a blast. Will definatly be going to more of these in the future. Maby in the meantime ill have to keep my eyes out for a little bigger saw to keep up with some of you:hmm3grin2orange:

Robert

How about a few photo's with the folks? As we have mentioned, everyone was having such a good time running saws, talking saws, eating, quenching thirst, and just generally enjoying the day we didn't spend a lot of time on photography.

Here Mitch is giving a lesson on changing sprocket on an outboard clutch design. We concluded after some study that changing the sprocket on an outboard clutch design takes significantly less time that inboard clutch design if you factor in the search for lost E clips...

attachment.php

The Hosky boys and Steve Stokes in the background, Grizzley and Pele55 in the foreground

attachment.php

Bugaboots making cedar chips

attachment.php

Mike, Mike (Homelite 410) and scarr52 showing contempt for the camera...Shaun milled up some cedar slabs for Kyle1! to make some canoe paddles. Kyle1!, we need some photo's of how those come out!

attachment.php

Wendell, Boyd, Pele, Josh, Grandpatractor, Steve Stokes, Kendrick, and Jon trying to decide which chunk of wood to decimate next.

attachment.php

Mark

Tall Guy, Mitch, Mo Jim, and Struggle.

attachment.php

Robert showing Josh and Jeff a compact little J'red saw. My boys didn't realize a chainsaw could be so small, so light, and work so well...

attachment.php

Battle of some big saws, sharp chain and fresh saw wins every time. One challenge with racing like this is being able to hear the sound of you own saw clearly enough to know just how hard to push...at least that's my story.

attachment.php

After lunch it was more of a spectator sport.

attachment.php

We did make quite a mess of it...

attachment.php

Mark

Last two for me...I wanted to make this a Super GTG so I took:

BP-1, SP40, SP60, SP70, SP81 (2), SP85 (SD), SP105 (2), SP118 (SD), SP125 (2), Super 250, Super 250.

In addition, the 77, 10G, 3-10 from Hosky's last spring plus the Titan 57 and PM1000 for a couple of "non-McCulloch" saws.

I did not get a chance to take them all out and run them but at least they were there. I did come home with a new saw as well, my wife's only comment was "you don't need a new saw..."

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mark

Well, I finally made it home about 6pm today. I took the scenic route through NE Iowa and SW Wisconsin. Some real pretty scenery too. I even took a visit to the "crash"site and took a few pics. I think that is the only pics I took the whole weekend.

Thanks to Mitch and his wife and also Mark! I had a blast. It was good to meet some new faces and also to see some of the "old " ones again!:hmm3grin2orange:

Gtg

Am enjoying all the pics. Glad that there are those who use their cameras and not just their saws. Want to thank Mitch, Courtney, and Mark H for their great hospitality and a fun-filled day! I got to try out some new saws and some really big ones - had A LOT of fun. The food was great, too.

Ron

Big thanks to Mitch and his family that took this on and all the others that worked on this event.
I have a feeling there is a lot more work than it looks like to set this up.

Here is a couple pictures that I have.

Longbar and I racing, deck was stacked in my favor on this one
202164d1318211614-3-7-009-jpg

Scarr making dusty chips, It did not take as long as I thought it would to do the planks, it was great seeing this run
202166d1318211670-3-7-014-jpg

202173d1318211740-3-7-015-jpg

Last edited:
That little Johnny ran hard. Not sure how it would do in the long run, for the money you could buy two of these to one 200T
View attachment 202178View attachment 202180

who knew there was such a tiny Huskie
202178d1318212275-3-7-020-jpg

Note the log had to be held down with all the power being unleashed, pretty sure we would have thrown it into the adjacent field otherwise.
202180d1318212333-3-7-016-jpg

Just noticed Mitch staying way back by the trailer spying on us? This kind of power is nothing to be taken to lightly

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back