Iowa Fall GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had a little pre-GTG GTG on Friday night for a few that arrived early, Grizzly, BugaBoots, Wood Doctor, MO Jim, Wendell, and Mitch, I was taking the photo...

attachment.php

Wendell opening the package with the plates, napkins, and cups. Pizzas were hand delivered from the new joint just down the alley out the back door of my shop. I spent some time on Thursday and Friday getting the shop cleaned up as I hadn't done much in the way of cleaning since the GTG last November.

attachment.php

Josh's saws, all red but not all Jonsered...

attachment.php

Jeff keeps our 600 Series saws...

attachment.php

Kedrick and Husq445 with some orange ones...

attachment.php

Mark

Mitch didn't bring all of his saws, just some of the more interesting ones...

attachment.php

Boyd and gang from WI brought a load of interesting saws, and made sure there was room to load JD's bike for the trip back home (did I mention that Grandpatractor rode his motorcycle down on Friday night just to enjoy some pizza and a Klondike bar with us)?

attachment.php

The Hosky boys from Belle Plaine brought a number of vintage, working saws.

attachment.php

MO Jim made the trip up from the St. Joe area with a nice bunch of saws including a PM 800 in remarkable condition.

attachment.php

Wendell only brought the cream of his crop, but that is a Dolmar 166 on the far left. I didn't see the little Homelite this time Wendell, which saw did you pull the rope of today?

attachment.php

I'll try to get some people shots up tomorrow.

Mark

Three walk around videos. Was a bit wind and time consuming so bare with em.

[video=youtube;QZkYIw7q290]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZkYIw7q290[/video]

[video=youtube;zfFqL26ZOS0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfFqL26ZOS0[/video]

[video=youtube;S1CJ9wg-AnU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1CJ9wg-AnU[/video]

Wetgunpowder running a classic Johnny.

attachment.php

Homelite410 his friend Mike and scarr

attachment.php

Wooddoctor

attachment.php

Wendell and Pele

attachment.php

scarr and wooddoctor

attachment.php

JRA the keeper of the Klondike bar!

attachment.php

Behind the scenes support group. Right to left...Courtney (my wife), Roxanne (JoshH wife), JoshH and JeffH.

attachment.php

Thanks to Mitch and Courtney for a wonderful time. It was near perfect, and the wind was turned down a bit from last year and the temp turned up.

Had a wonderful time at Marks the night before and got to connect with old friends and make some new ones there, and at Mitch's.

Special thanks to Mitch and Wendell for the parts to get my old zip recoil to work, I ALMOST got it running. It would run with gas in the cyl. and tried to go. I'll be able to get it before the next GTG, and then with all the Zips going we should be able to shake some seismographs someplace.

It was a great time and great people and great food. Thanks all. JR

I went to watch the Zip video and all of a sudden I saw a combine on fire. That is one he'' of a fire. That is terrible loss. I guess the one good thing is he got it into bean stubble. If that had been stalk ground it would have been a big da'' problem. As long as the insurance is up to date and no one was hurt it will work out.

Bill

Made it back home ok last night. Mitch & the Mrs., thanks for hosting again. Mark, thanks for the fri. night safty meeting and a place to spend the night (and the Mrs. for the breakfast on sat). And thanks to boyd and steve for the goodies. It was nice to see some familar faces again and meet some new folks as well. Hopefully I can get my Zip going as well to add to the mix.

Thanks to Mitch and Courtney!

Just hit the front door at the Dosch house. We had a pretty uneventfull trip home (except for Wendell calling wondering where his truck was parked!!) Was great to see some old friends and to meet some new ones too! Hope to see some of you up here the first weekend in November!

Lunch time. The food was tough to beat and I hear Heimannm makes a mean pork loin although it was gone before I got to it.

attachment.php

R&R after a full belly.

attachment.php

Top handle show down. Struggle,Bugaboots and others

attachment.php

Tallguy playing air guitar

attachment.php

brncreeper giving a Stihl a work out.

attachment.php

Steve Stokes taking the top off a Dolmar, trying to figure out where all that power comes from.

attachment.php

Leins! Pele and Wetgunpowder supervising. What time was it? 7am or pm?

attachment.php

Just hit the front door at the Dosch house. We had a pretty uneventfull trip home (except for Wendell calling wondering where his truck was parked!!) Was great to see some old friends and to meet some new ones too! Hope to see some of you up here the first weekend in November!

On someones front porch?

Yea-WTF was that? We saw that car parked in the front of that house (with about 100 squad cars around it!)

I have no idea. That **** happens so often in Waterloo, it doesn't even make the news :bang:

Yea-WTF was that? We saw that car parked in the front of that house (with about 100 squad cars around it!)

Couldn't have been Wendell's car then. 100 squads would block his car from everything including X-rays. How he fits is only known to him and the clowns.

Tallguy,struggle,longbar, Mojim

Have many more pics to go through but this will be it for a couple days. Have some recovering to do.

attachment.php

Ok a couple more. There was a couple VERY strong 084 in the crowd.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice pics guys.

There is a certain member with at least one really big saw who seemed to do more eating than cutting, however.:biggrin:

Looks like a good time was had by all.:rock:

Back