Is this part necessary?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ammoaddict

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Mine got mangled up when somehow the pull rope got sucked into the flywheel. I think it will be fine without it but I wanted other options.
b7c2f57d3e539ff519ba081798af7048.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I think this is a duct to feed air into the carb box. It was original touted as a turbo saw. It of course was not a "turbo" but it did keep the air filter cleaner by a lot. So you could run without it but I think they are a good idea. Mike

I think this is a duct to feed air into the carb box. It was original touted as a turbo saw. It of course was not a "turbo" but it did keep the air filter cleaner by a lot. So you could run without it but I think they are a good idea. Mike
Yes, I think it is turbo on a Jonsered. It's air injection on the Husqvarna. I just didn't know how important it was because my older Husqvarna doesn't have it. It just sort of directs some air from the flywheel to the carb. I just didn't know if it was marketing hype or actually beneficial. I think I will see how it does without it. It's an occasional use saw anyway. Thanks for your input.

How much does the part cost? I know the air duct thing on Huskys are cheap.

I really like the Husky version. Mine keep my air filters way cleaner than on my Stihls. Can you live without it? Sure. But, why would you?

I agree. If you leave it off you will probably be pulling in some of the hot air from the fins. If you block it then the saw won't get any air. Hey it is cheap go get one.
I see what you are saying about getting more hot air without it. Good point. Leaving it out won't block any air that I can tell. It would just be open like my older husky that doesn't have this feature.

Yes, put a new one in there. Also keeps dust / dirt off of cylinder.

So before you asked- you had already convinced yourself you were going to run the saw without it anyhow?
Like others have said- the part is cheap, there is a reason for it being there and running without it means a lot of dirty debris filled air can enter the prefiltered air box.
One of the very PLUS type features added to the Husqvarna/Jonsered design- lots of people comment on the better filtration these saws offer- will the saw run without it, well yes it will, just like you can unbolt your brake flag and throw it into a corner of the workshop- but neither makes much sense.

So before you asked- you had already convinced yourself you were going to run the saw without it anyhow?
Like others have said- the part is cheap, there is a reason for it being there and running without it means a lot of dirty debris filled air can enter the prefiltered air box.
One of the very PLUS type features added to the Husqvarna/Jonsered design- lots of people comment on the better filtration these saws offer- will the saw run without it, well yes it will, just like you can unbolt your brake flag and throw it into a corner of the workshop- but neither makes much sense.
Yes I was going to run it without it because I didn't know how important it was. That's why I asked for opinions from people that know more about it than I do. I can understand the importance of it now. That's what the forum is for, right? I appreciate everyone's knowledge and experience. Thank you.

Back