I've stood all I can stand , you tube culls.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thamks Randy . .

I for the life of me can't figure out why some people think a timber faller is supposed to be a professional scribe . ????
Doing all this on a smart phone is challenging and quatity suffefs . .

Most fallers I know litterly can't form a coherent sentence when they get to the crummy after a hard day . Too mentally and phsicallly drained . When I go out to a camp I won't be on the puter much .
No doubt some will be glad of that

finger.jpg

did you get a splinter ? :msp_wink:

Last edited:
Thamks Randy . .

I for the life of me can't figure out why some people think a timber faller is supposed to be a professional scribe . ????
Doing all this on a smart phone is challenging and quatity suffefs . .

Most fallers I know litterly can't form a coherent sentence when they get to the crummy after a hard day . Too mentally and phsicallly drained . When I go out to a camp I won't be on the puter much .
No doubt some will be glad of that

I used to be a panty-waist writer and editor for a living. :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

But I don't correct people's spelling and grammar online. Why bother? If I understand what they are trying to say, it's a successful communication, and that should be enough for anyone. But hey, there are a few guys on here who get hard ons when they see spelling/grammar errors. So to those guys I say: Nock urshelves urt! :rock:

Dude. I am Internet Tough. You don wanna mess with me, being at such an advanced age. :msp_tongue:

Being an "old" man, I make sure it is over in a hurry, sometimes from 20 feet away.

He's just inspecting his manicure. And its 1925, not 1920.

LMAO!!!
That reminds me, I have a photo of my Grandad from 1925, gotta git it scanned in.

It depends on whose making the video and with what purpose. If its a pro or anyone for that matter who is a poor cutter and trying to pass himself off as the best then I can see how that can be frustrating. But at the sometime youtube can be a great place for improvement, if the person is willing to take tips on how to improve and reflecting on what they did wrong then I don't see anything that is particularly frustrating. Now with that being said someone who is a professional should get professional training and not relay on the internet. However most of the vids of poor cutters on yt are amatuers and not pros.

Ya . Actually if you know what your lookin at theres alot you can tell about a faller and the tools he's using . .
One guy , he's in BC , I like his work and his vids . But he's burning the clutch out of his 390 . Probably from running full comp 3/8 in wet red cedar . Not my saw , but boy it just twists my head around to see the smoke coming out of the clutch cover . .
The 404 is nice on the stump . I don't really get paid to cut limbs .

Ya . Actually if you know what your lookin at theres alot you can tell about a faller and the tools he's using . .
One guy , he's in BC , I like his work and his vids . But he's burning the clutch out of his 390 . Probably from running full comp 3/8 in wet red cedar . Not my saw , but boy it just twists my head around to see the smoke coming out of the clutch cover . .
The 404 is nice on the stump . I don't really get paid to cut limbs .

Was that smoke from the clutch or just steam from that wet cedar?

Maybe. But if I needed a good timber faller I don't think I'd much care if he could spell or not. You can spell but I doubt very much if I'd pick you over Tramp Bushler for a logging job. Good spelling doesn't get the wood on the ground.
Thank you Bob took the words right out of my mouth. I use to be an A plus speller in school, grammar wording, reading I was pretty good. But with the years in the real world, and much hard work, and have not been schooled since 91. I can't spell to save my a@@, but my work will speak for itself. Along with guys like you and the Tramp!

Can I PLEASE ask a favor .
IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO PUT UP A SHARP CHAIN . DONT POST A VIDEO OF YOU CRINDING YOUR WAY THRU A LOG OR TREE WITH A DULL CHAIN ON YOUR SAW ! ! ! ! ! !

IF your a West Coast faller LEARN HOW TO PUT A FACE IN A TREE AND BACK IT UP WITH OUT ALL THIS @#$%&π×}^€™ AROUND ON THE STUMP . YOU /;:'"!&%$#@%&*+MAKE ME WANT TO TAKE A CLUB TO YA . . HAVE YOU NO SHAME . IT EMBARRISING. .

Whats even worse . ARE THE UN HEROS WHO JUST VIDEO PUTTIN IN THE LAST OF THE BACK CUT AND WATCHIN THE TREE FALL . .
I heard ya loud, and clear been there myself. Try not to get so excited, but still do. Especially with all else that is going on around the world. It is easy to be mistaken, by a untuned ear. I agree many good things on you tube, but also many bad. In the hunting and dog world too. For example they are trying to ban all Bear hounds here in CA, due to the humane society. There ammunition was some outlaw's who happened to post on you tube. They are using it against all the hunters now. I see many souped up saw's on the tube, got plenty a bean's, but throw nothing but dust. Before learning the major saw stuff, other than normal maintenance I perfected my filing skill's first, because the best running saw's won't cut if they are not sharp. And all that building, and maintenance is in vein if you blow it up forcing it to cut dull. Easy to get bad info there I agree.

I read this whole thread, and wouldn't you know it, I had to get to this point to find something worth repping...............LOL!!!

Randy, would you mind if I have that printed out, and framed?

I actually tried to rep Bob, but apparently I have to wait before I can rep him again.
Send me one in poster form, every kid should have that on his wall. We all need a hero!

Back