june 16th TN gtg,4 cube build off ,racing ,general cookie cutting ,food and fun

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
becouse this is a buildoff and not a race. there will be 3 different timed single down cuts to see whos saw is the fastest. there will be one operator for all the saws so no need for a change over and up cut. theres no way to tell whos saw is really faster if your factoring in a persons race cutting and change over skill.

sorry im lost. You want to build SA saws, you want to time them, but its not a race??? If it looks like a duck and it sounds like a duck, then it usually is a duck. If you are using one person to test then that takes the variables of different change overs etc. Get them to do 3 runs with the saw and use the best from each. Averages will hide true results if there is a operator error or such.

Why is it "woods ports" or "work saws" get tested for speed in cants and now sudeo race saws wont be raced.....sounds like some real world stuff is missing to me.

just my opinion.

Is this just for the good builders? Or can the rest of us idiots donate to Randy.

LOL sounds like i'm in the same boat fastleo i'm just not smart enough to port anything yet but i'm working on it though.

sorry im lost. You want to build SA saws, you want to time them, but its not a race??? If it looks like a duck and it sounds like a duck, then it usually is a duck. If you are using one person to test then that takes the variables of different change overs etc. Get them to do 3 runs with the saw and use the best from each. Averages will hide true results if there is a operator error or such.

Why is it "woods ports" or "work saws" get tested for speed in cants and now sudeo race saws wont be raced.....sounds like some real world stuff is missing to me.

just my opinion.

Hey Terry,

Is this an example of what is covered by rule #16???LOL:dizzy:

Mike

just my opinion.
tlandrums GTG=tlandrums rules. Pretty simple.

since it is the idea to get people together, would it not be acceptable to hear others ideas. Do what you want its your gig, but for those getting on their high horses, get over yourselves. This is not a whinge about results, this is questioning and discussing the ideas of the format. IMO why not make it something that is the same as ALOT of the real saw events out there, big and small.

I just dont see the point in testing work saws in small wood (unless they are 50cc) and I dont see the point of a 1 cut race saw that isnt a race or a race saw.

As far as averages go, this has been poven many times before. There is a time and place for averages. When you have a controlled test enviroment then yes. Thesegtg are far from a controlled test inviroment. Best time is the best time end of story.

55 gal steel drum with locking ring lid to be dropped in the river later,yep stump we got ya fixed up for a crapper. everyone else uses the little green plastic house. leave stumpys special potty alone.
You have described my smoker to a T, so if the food i send ( if i cant make it) taste like s_ _ t i know someone has been using my smoker for a crapper. lol

You have described my smoker to a T, so if the food i send ( if i cant make it) taste like s_ _ t i know someone has been using my smoker for a crapper. lol

LOL well make sure you clean it and make sure no one used it as a crapper first. but i have to clean the computer now i just spit a mouth full of pepsi all over it.

since it is the idea to get people together, would it not be acceptable to hear others ideas. Do what you want its your gig, but for those getting on their high horses, get over yourselves. This is not a whinge about results, this is questioning and discussing the ideas of the format. IMO why not make it something that is the same as ALOT of the real saw events out there, big and small.

I just dont see the point in testing work saws in small wood (unless they are 50cc) and I dont see the point of a 1 cut race saw that isnt a race or a race saw.

As far as averages go, this has been poven many times before. There is a time and place for averages. When you have a controlled test enviroment then yes. Thesegtg are far from a controlled test inviroment. Best time is the best time end of story.

Eh... I can live with the format... I'll be sending a 4 cube over, but not to win... But to see how a 60 cc clam shell stacks up against the models that were made for modding... It'll hold it's own... If we were racing for real stakes, you'd be right, but I just like having a platform to give me an excuse to go shoot the bull with a bunch of other saw freaks...
And stuff...

I got ribs hurting on that one.

LOL well i just got done cleaning it. i hope that will never happen again because pepsi is hard to get off a thouch screen acer desk top with out it pulling up some off the wall weird stuff

LOL well i just got done cleaning it. i hope that will never happen again because pepsi is hard to get off a thouch screen acer desk top with out it pulling up some off the wall weird stuff
If i told you what happened to the bologna rolls on the way to wiggs you would have a pepsi and a rib problem, dont worry it did nt hit the ground or anything like that. good bailing wire is hard to find,it has happened before, no worries. wont happen again.

If i told you what happened to the bologna rolls on the way to wiggs you would have a pepsi and a rib problem, dont worry it did nt hit the ground or anything like that. good bailing wire is hard to find,it has happened before, no worries. wont happen again.

LOL well don't tell me then because it took almost 30 minutes to clean this thing. there is nothing better then bailing wire and duct tape. if that won't fix it then break out the welder LOL

so who wants in on this build? what are you planning to build?

1. tlandrum/jonsered 2065

Back