Keep them saws clean, how?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TreeCo said:
I may consider dropping the avatar though if you would wash a few saws for me.:)

So, it's just a matter of price.. Extortion!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

heck, keep your avatar... makes you easy to spot in a crowd of two.:ices_rofl:

LarryTheCableGuy said:
I remember a few months ago you were telling us how well your wildthingie was working on that same stump. How many saws and how many months is that one dirty stump going to take?

Yup. That was digging down around the perimeter and cutting all the radiating roots. Then I left it alone for a while.

No 'wildthingie' here....I'd say its probably in your garage. There is a Poulan dirt shark though.

Lakeside53 said:
So, it's just a matter of price.. Extortion!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

heck, keep your avatar... makes you easy to spot in a crowd of two.:ices_rofl:

Awwwwwwwwww now, I did offer my services in exchange for the TRUTH but he declined, oh well what the hell, I already know the truth. Wash ya own saws TreeCo,lol. That was a good one Lake, sorta puts everything into place, good post Lake.

TreeCo said:
Got a part number?

I'll trade you the part number to the Stihl square grind base.

If I remember right I paid almost $200 for that diamond wheel. It's great using wheels that keep their profile.

Ever use Borazon wheels? Mine seems to do much better than my diamond wheel but maybe my diamond is plugged some. I don't have a round borazon wheel, just the square grind one.

I think my Borazon wheel came from this company.
http://www.justsaw.com/icatpg01a.gif

Not off-hand but I'll dig around. Nope, not used the Borazon. The diamond works great for us and we do one hell a lot of chains per year.. One day I might turn it over to wear the other side!

coveredinsap said:
A person would have to be an idiot to take a new 660 and stick it in a liquidambar stump. I'm talking about the part below the ground....lest you be confused, er...stumped... by the term 'stump'

I use my saws. Lest you be confused, I use them to cut trees and stumps not hold down washing machines. ;)

Thall10326, does the washer do any good on cutoff saws? I realize that hardened concrete and metal cutting melted plastic pieces might be asking a bit much, mostly curious. I go to Virgina a lot and I like to travel with saws. Sometimes I let them drive but not often as they usually get sidetracked and take us to the woods. Also, could the machine fit a Kohler or Briggs in it?

Justsaws said:
Thall10326, does the washer do any good on cutoff saws? I realize that hardened concrete and metal cutting melted plastic pieces might be asking a bit much, mostly curious. I go to Virgina a lot and I like to travel with saws. Sometimes I let them drive but not often as they usually get sidetracked and take us to the woods. Also, could the machine fit a Kohler or Briggs in it?

I've put several concrete saws in the Cuda and they come out pretty good too. True the hardened conrete on the outside sometimes stays put but all the dust built up under the housing gets washed out. The Cuda has high powered jets spraying at 180 degrees so yes it will do quite a good job on concrete saws.
The one we, my employer has, will take a small Briggs or Kohler engine. They do have models that will take a V8 Chevy or bigger. Its one neat machine for what its supposed to do.................

Lakeside53 said:
AMEN to that. However, if all stumps were accessible...

Yeah, ain't that the truth. That and hindsight being 20/20.

Too bad they don't let you blow them out (here) anymore. A couple sticks of dynamite would make my day.

TreeCo said:
I haven't really counted the chains in this photo. Mostly they are 20" and 36" loops of Stihl 33 and 36RSL (Square ground from the box)that have been used until dull and never resharpened. Mostly 10 to 15 years old and always stored indoors. I spray them with WD40 every now and then and they show no rust.

I figure this is enough chain to last me for a decade or so..........so if someone knows of a better chain please don't tell me.

Dan I hate to admit my collection of chains is starting to look like yours..LOL I forgot how many 404's I had till I was asked if I had a 36in loop..

If I ever die my wife will have one hell of a garage sale..LOL

THALL10326 said:
attachment.php

The chain on it only runs $357.00 a piece. It will cut rock, brick, metal and most anything. Thats the saw the fire companies use.

Need to find out what chain this is.....
Thanks Jack

Lakeside53 said:
Not off-hand but I'll dig around. Nope, not used the Borazon. The diamond works great for us and we do one hell a lot of chains per year.. One day I might turn it over to wear the other side!

Im a few pages behind here so bear with me.

Are you guys talking about a steel backed diamond wheel or a vitrified stone wheel with diamond chips imbeded? (<---Possably the Borizon)

IF it is the vitrified type wheel (we refer to them as green wheels due to the color) the dust made when dressing and grinding is hasardous and WILL cause lung cancer if your exposed to it over long periods of time.

The dust created wont leave the shop unless it is vacuumed with a special vacuum or tracked outside, wiped up etc.

You could blow an air gun and stir up dust from months ago and breathe this without even realizing it.

Dont want to start a panic, just thought Id put this out there.

If its the steel backed wheel your OK, cept for the dent it puts in your employers wallet.:D

04ultra said:
Stihl RDS...carbide
will it cut though rock??? cement???? are roof saw has a carbide chain on it but wont touch rocks or cement. Its a echo roof saw.

MS-310 said:
will it cut though rock??? cement???? are roof saw has a carbide chain on it but wont touch rocks or cement. Its a echo roof saw.

310 in the Stihl catalog, page 30 it shows fireman sawing right through a brick wall with that chain. I myself have never used one of those chains but the boys at the fire company swear by them. I've sold 6 of those fire/rescue saws to the local fire company here in town and they tell me flat out its by far the best rescue saw made. I won't go into details about what the fire cheif said about the other brands for I'm not into bashing brands.

Latest posts

Back