land clearing with husqvarna 365sp & 440xtorq

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the spruce softwood is a great seller here at the moment cause not eveyrone wants to pay for hardwood!
remember,the size is cut to suit customers needs

we worked all all types of wood,we got back some great loads of beech too,the wood pile is huge now here again.

moved recently to another location by a river and dropped some large beech trees and some chestnut.

it sure was great to be able to drive in near the trees with the land having dried up considerably.

this was the start of the new woodpile for this year.

and so the journey begins driving through the fields to another location.

we cut a few limbs off these fine ash trees on the way for our own fire,and boy did they burn sweet!!

Last edited:
so we arrive to the river,and drop some very big beech and chestnut trees,some of them could be willow trees too.

pics to follow shortly,must make a cup of tea :msp_smile:

hi NH LOCAL,

thanks for the input,yes it's been a busy time,i must get a work camera,the missus is very worried we will damage the new one,we have had terrible bad luck with camera's in the last two years with at least 5 ending in bits... mainly just from dropping them or them falling,one we damaged on a night out when it fell from nicolas handbag,the other one fell out of my pocket at work,there were two others in the last year also that just packed up,a little careless we were with them,now the new one (sony cyber shot) is looked after like a baby,it's a great camera but she just brings it to the woods for good updates,as i say we will get a cheaper one though soon so i can keep it on my at work all the time and won't have to be so worried about it.

yes will update again soon,the land is wet again,what's new..... a real shame cause it was lovely and dry until the rain came,so will need to wait again for things to dry up if they do....

cheers
logger

Oh dear Lord what lovely weather we've been having! I hope you all are enjoying it! I spent the weekend in Waterford. Gorgeous city.

Forgot to at least add an image - here's my girl in front of Geoff's, a pub that was a church at one point:

large.jpg

It's got a super cool outdoor smoking area. Here's one ofthe corners of it:

large.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey logger12345, haven't heard anything for a while, hope all is well.

Here is a video of an Ash I took down on my Church property a few weeks ago.....

Work safe. :msp_thumbsup:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wQCUY1dN9OU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

View attachment 304960

hello all,

that's a great video randy,thanks for sharing,i have not watched it all YET but when i get back this evening i will take a look,looks very well put together,some nice climbing gear you got there.

hello reindeer,hope all is well,i hope that woman is looking after you :msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin:
that does look like a fine public house.

ok,so i am back and it has been a LOOOOOOOng ..... time since i updated,if i must be honest i hadn't the time,between all the work i have been fitting in i have not had much time even to switch on my PC.

good news is i have some decent updates,i have been cutting all summer long and i have some very nice wood stocked up,not only that i have been very busy in the bog doing turf,something i have recently got back in to also,i will be selling this too hopefully the fall of the year now too.

the summer here is great but it's very hard to work in the heat,i don't even mind that but the conditions are tough with horse flies who just have the woods taken over right now that it's just impossible to work around them,they give a nasty bite and can be quite anoying to work with,the heat brings them out and the month of july is the worst for them.those and the little midges in the evenings too can be very anoying......see pic of horseflies on top....

only plus side is the land is dry and i have been to some fairly insane places,i have pics to update and hope to do so this evening.

Midges:
http://www.irishamericanmom.com/201...he-air-every-irish-tourist-should-know-about/

Best Regards all.
-logger

Last edited:
The weather has been brutal here, but nice. I've been spending the weekends travelling and trying to avoid the heat. I have a ton of pics I need to upload as well. But I'll put those in my forestry forum thread.

304960-horse-fly-jpg

logger12345,
Good to hear all is well and that you've been busy. Look forward to seeing those pictures. :)
Looks like you have horse flies very close to what we have here. And yes!, they do have a nasty bite! :msp_thumbdn:
We have been getting some hot weather here also, very easy to lose some weight working in weather like that..... :hmm3grin2orange:

304960-horse-fly-jpg

logger12345,
Good to hear all is well and that you've been busy. Look forward to seeing those pictures. :)
Looks like you have horse flies very close to what we have here. And yes!, they do have a nasty bite! :msp_thumbdn:
We have been getting some hot weather here also, very easy to lose some weight working in weather like that..... :hmm3grin2orange:

Midges have been freaking eating me alive, man! Ugh! I hate em! Gettin deet or sumfint his weekend.

was something wrong with this thread or can someone explain why some of it is now missing??

shoud i just continue to update on the "working man and chainsaw thread" ??

would have been nice if someone told me this in advance.... makes me disrespect this forum a lot now for this reason.

something really wrong with this forum at the moment.......half of my thread is missing??

i havn't updated much here recently but it's strange....

Last edited:
have a lot of new updates when the forum gets back to normal,see you then guys.

Last edited:
Back