Logging Jeans

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They outlast pretty much every pant I have tried. If they fail at the seams, their no B.S. warranty will replace them. I blew the crotch out of four pairs and they replaced them even though they were two years old. The replacements were better quality and I've had zero issues with them. The difference... the first batch was Chinese, the second batch Malaysia. I still wish I could find a made in USA pant that lasts as long as them and I can get in black.
Maybe try these by Diamond Gusset? They are one of the few work jeans that are made in America. I like my Wrangler Pro Gear Upland jeans with the Cordura nylon. Super durable, comfortable, and even have suspender buttons.

yeah i got these riggs and damn they weigh like f&$#in 10 lbs haha ..damn things feel like im wearin chaps...they fit too baggy on me though ...i think im gonna try those wildass jeans...

baggy is a good thing... too tight and it can restrict yer movements, especially when you need to boogie...

Note the above, Dave. Get a pair of suspenders--the button on kind. If your pants don't have buttons on them, google Bachelor Buttons and order a set plus extras. They are not sewn on but hammered on kind of like a rivet. They'll keep the baggy pants up. You'll be doing yoga-like contortions out setting chokers.
I am assuming you are heading to work in the central part of Oregon's coast range. You'll also want some raingear to go over those pants. Sturdy raingear because you'll be setting chokers amidst a lot of pokey things. A boot drier would also be on my shopping list. Peet makes ones that last. I bought mine in 1985 or so and it is going right now with a pair of shoes on it.

Not for NML or AMD, but maybe for you.

Free to a logger: New pair of WA double front jeans; never worn or washed. Sold as 40 x 32, but they ain't or won't be when washed. Measures unwashed at around 39 x 32.5. If you think they will fit you and you want them than send me your address by PM. I love my Madsen double fronts except they overstate my qualifications. Ron

on the rain gear get decent but not real expensive. if your green in the bush you'll be shredding them up real quick. as you learn you won't be as hard on your gear. and don't forget a roll of gorilla tape.

check out arborwear got quality stuff i own a double thick sweat jacket keeps me warm in 30s with just at shirt and the jacket is pricey but worth it

Prison blues single front & prison blues zip shirts. Some good merino wool for mild weather and full woolies for when the rains hard enough to go down your crack. Of course I have the tin pants for that weather.

check out arborwear got quality stuff i own a double thick sweat jacket keeps me warm in 30s with just at shirt and the jacket is pricey but worth it

Yeah its expensive, and don't let it get wet. I have a double and its like wearing a wetsuit if its even damp, not to mention that it also loses all of its insulating properties.

Simple denim, (Tin for real wet) over wool with a good set of suspenders and a guy can't go wrong. I wear labonville inserts hung on my suspenders. The cotton & chaps can get saturated, all I have to do is tighten up my spenders and I'm good.

I wear both Wild Ass doubles and Key doubles. Both hold up well and fit great. I just can't remember what size I wear in the Keys, and they have no tag........ It is time to order new britches, think I may try the Madsens, any opinions?

I wear both Wild Ass doubles and Key doubles. Both hold up well and fit great. I just can't remember what size I wear in the Keys, and they have no tag........ It is time to order new britches, think I may try the Madsens, any opinions?
If you have thick legs you won't like the fit of the madsens.

When I ain't running a saw, I wear slim fit Wranglers..... Might be ok then, have to try a pair or two... Thanks for the heads up.

Wild ass doubles and key doubles. My legs are constantly getting blasted by rock dust when drilling and the doubles really seem to take the abuse. Both seem to be a little baggy by the end of the day, probably the weight of the rock dust. A couple wraps of detcord around my waist keeps them up though!! Hahaha

Latest posts

Back