Looking for a big brother to a Husky 353

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IchWarriorMkII

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
So I have my Husqvarna 353 that I purchased for an all around saw, it runs pretty good (18" bar) and is a good balance of power and weight to limb up and fall (fell? Just a farmer, not a logger) the Russian Olive trees that are over grown here. However, its a pretty hard wood and I'd like some more ass to rip through the larger trunks and limbs to speed up the cut down process.

Im thinking of buying a saw between the 60-70CC range, something that can back up the 353 if it ever takes a dumb or is being borrowed. My Old man has a Husky 268 which is pretty nice, probably the upper limit of what I'd buy. I'd like to stay with the Huskies, in case our local dealer ever gets back into business.

So whats a good saw to pick up in this range? I've looked at the 262XP, and was hoping there was a plain ole Pro Model (Akin to the 346xp and the 353). I also noticed Husky makes a 570, which is a 68cc displacement saw. I'd throw a guess that its the new model of the 268 that my father has.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Last edited:
IchWarriorMkII said:
... I also noticed Husky makes a 570, which is a 68cc displacement saw. I'd throw a guess that its the new model of the 268 that my father has.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.
The 570 has little or nothing in common with the 268, completely different design, and far to heavy for its power.

If it has to be a Husky, take the 365, as the others said.

Urbicide said:
372XP. Bailey's will have a limited number available again next year. Call them and get your name on their waiting list. You won't be disappointed.
I agree, but an xp saw was not what he had in mind, I believe.

....and the real question is if has the time and patience to wait.....

2 365's here. The best bang for the buck at bailey's price. Pretty much the same saw as the 372xp with a 2mm smaller bore. I've had two since 2000 and they haven't let me down yet.

SawTroll said:
:jawdrop: That tread is over a year old - what are you up to???? :confused: :dizzy:
:angel:

and just think, that saw in that condition is still available
-Ralph

Back