Looking for an older and unique project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a metric s#it load of 07 parts if you need some... I don't have them all but close :D

There are lots of good old Stihls to rebuild. Of course theres the Lightning or Contra. The 056 Magnum is a bad lookin motha too.

I would like to have a mint 028 Super myself. Stihl does have the coolest old saws. I just dont like the overpriced new ones :clap:

The 08S is a nice saw and pretty different built than other saws. With your snellerizing abilities, I know it will be a great addition to your Stihl collection. I know people in my area that still use them on a regular basis and like it a lot. It's a slow but torquy sob.

Parts are commonly available, so that should not be a problem.
I have 3 of them in my collection.

08s should be a good project. Rugged, swiss army knife of Stihl history. If my memory serves.....those things were still listed in catalogs until the mid-80s. Intended for the rental market, also for multiple use like demo cut heads, drills, augers and such. Considering their length of production run should be able to find parts easy enough.

I just picked up a mini project. Got a 015AV for $40. Needs both top AV mounts repaired/replaced and a front hand guard. P&C look like new. Runs good. I May just clean this one up and sell it to a friend.

Anyone have a used set of AV mounts that go under the handle on top the saw? I also need an air filter and front handguard w/spring.

Last edited:
I just picked up a mini project. Got a 015AV for $40. Needs both top AV mounts repaired/replaced and a front hand guard. P&C look like new. Runs good. I May just clean this one up and sell it to a friend.

Anyone have a used set of AV mounts that go under the handle on top the saw? I also need an air filter and front handguard w/spring.
I think I sold off most of my 015 parts except for a couple of misc. oem parts, but I'll look tonight to make sure. The air filters are NLA so finding a new one may be difficult.

You know....anybody can re-paint and spruce up and old beater. How bout trying to build something with a little performance?

Latest posts

Back