looking for bar/Chain recommendations for a MS 362C-M

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rescue6

Reaction score
I just acquired a used Stihl MS362C-M powerhead from an estate auction for next to nothing and am looking to get a bar and chain for it. Thinking an 18" or 20" I have never run this saw except for a few cuts with the set up from my 260 pro it is a 16". Thought about a Sugihaha, Tsumura or Stihl. unless there is a better choice for weight vs quality/longevity of use.

A 20" light bar on there would be an awesome setup. The Sugi bars are nice, but not that light. The tsumara light bars are lighter, and I think the Stihl light bar is perhaps the lightest. If you're going 18" a regular bar would probably feel pretty good, and be cheaper. Personally I think a 20" on a 60cc is a little bulky, but it's not bad for cutting firewood. If you've got a 16" setup on an 026, a 20" on the 362 might be perfect.

In most cases, especially firewood a 20" is the ideal set up on a 60cc saw unless you like the extra bending in the back, 18 " or less may be preffered by some, but I find it
less stressful on the body in more ways then 1 with 20 or even a 22" I find ideal for a good 60cc runner. If I had bigger saws with bigger bars I might run a shorter bar for flush cutting stumps to save on chain and bar maintenance.

A 20" light bar on there would be an awesome setup. The Sugi bars are nice, but not that light. The tsumara light bars are lighter, and I think the Stihl light bar is perhaps the lightest. If you're going 18" a regular bar would probably feel pretty good, and be cheaper. Personally I think a 20" on a 60cc is a little bulky, but it's not bad for cutting firewood. If you've got a 16" setup on an 026, a 20" on the 362 might be perfect.

68d42687935c77d7fcfa3bf6f2e3057c.jpg

East Alabama Wind Chime
7a3dca23e06ab6f3c33e46290bd1686d.jpg

Conrats on good score. Ditto same, 20" best, 24/5 occasionally as needed. I got a Total Light from @ford150 good price. Awesome to deal with. Check with him. The Stihl Light very nice but they're proud of them!

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

Different approach

Have a MS362 Arctic, (non-CM). It wears a Stihl 16 inch, (60 DL), 3/8 pitch, .050 ga bar running Stihl RSLFK and an 8 tooth sprocket.

Great for felling, bucking on a pile, or dressing out the tops. Shorter bar makes it easier to control the nose of the bar especially working in thick brush. This combination is not recommended for noodling. It works, but will clog the cover and stall out the chain pretty quick if you get heavy handed. Run oiler at max.

Take Care

Latest posts

Back