Making some 044, 064, 066 Dogs. . .

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glen you look different with the Stihl. You were much more handsome with the 390, now u'r looking more and more like Darth Vader without his helmet in return of the Jedi. I'm just jealous, that saw looks to be a total ##### slapper in Mikes videos.
I hope your doing well, I always enjoy your pics and hope you stay busy enough to have the option to "Tramp" any time the bull#### gets too deep:cheers:

Well, to keep your dog question simple and to the point. The dogs are made of an alloy, so they won't bend like the factory ones.

The aggressive profile is also perfect for pivoting for a face cut of dogging for a buck. They also excel in allowing you to 'stab' your saw into a log or stump to hold it there for you. Really things done by professional timberfallers, but are sorely missed when they can't be done.

There are other advantages too, and probably some disadvantages.

They're sharp, and you have to take care not to open yourself up on them.

Thanks for the info my man.. Just for kicks imma try them 36x's, if they don't give me what I need I'll give you a holla. Thanks again.:)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
That's a good looking falling setup right there! I dig the black Carhartt's too! :cheers:

Nice and roomy. They go good over sweats
I like the fatty dogs. I need to get a schosh longer bolts. I had to do a little grinding on the upper pad eye and a little on the inside body of the inner dog for them to sit flat in place. But I really like them.

Hiya Nate. Have you made any progress on the Husky spikes?

Nate did you ever pattern 288 spikes?

Yeah, got the 372-390 templated, and the 394-395, & 562. And whatever other saws those will fit. Just need to wait for some cash in the next couple weeks to get a large batch cut out.

I also templated the Dolly 7900 and will have my 346 templated eventually.

I haven't yet Mike.

That reminds me to call my cuz and see what's in his bone pile though.

Glad to hear you're rolling on the 365/372/385/390 and 394/395 spikes.:msp_thumbup:

The old Husky spikes are the ones I was asking about. Three saw families.:cheers:

-61/266/268/272

-181/281/288

-1100/2100/298/2101.

Bump.....................
So Nate didja get a chance to go see your cuz and template the old Husky spikes?
:givebeer::popcorn::popcorn::givebeer:

Guess who finally got a hold of his steel guy, and ordered several hundred dollars in dogs?

That's right. . . This guy! :rock:

372-390, 394-395, 044-066, 562 xp, Dolly 7900, 461, & 460.

Pics when I have them in mah grubby pawz.

Guess who finally got a hold of his steel guy, and ordered several hundred dollars in dogs?

Trx250r180 likes this :msp_biggrin:

Last edited:

:clap:

muh buttons broke to :(

Makita 8300 , 361 & 460
Maybe one for the 200T

Last edited:
Good deal Nate. I know I need a set for a 660 now and maybe a set of 372-390.

I officially need some for my 385. If u have enuf I'd like some for the 394 assuming they're better than the stock husky falling dogs. I like it that the price goes up the more you order. I hate it when it gets cheaper the more you buy, too much pressure!!

:msp_biggrin:

Back