Makita taking over Dolmar brand in the USA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So how long do we have to snag a Red Dolmar?
No clue. Personal feelings are that new models will come branded Makita immediately and existing models will be switched as they burn thru existing inventory. That is just what makes sense to me but absolutely nothing to back it up. Steve would probably have a better answer

No clue. Personal feelings are that new models will come branded Makita immediately and existing models will be switched as they burn thru existing inventory. That is just what makes sense to me but absolutely nothing to back it up. Steve would probably have a better answer
Steve will be involved in a corporate meeting next week to discuss existing inventories and branding changes.
As far as I know, from a consumer stand point, it's more or less just a change in name. It's the same product.
I don't know about you, but I'll always consider them to be Dolmars.

Steve will be involved in a corporate meeting next week to discuss existing inventories and branding changes.
As far as I know, from a consumer stand point, it's more or less just a change in name. It's the same product.
I don't know about you, but I'll always consider them to be Dolmars.
Yea but the problem is that makita had some other cheap junk saws that weren't made by dolmar to my knowledge. Now we won't know where the line in the sand will be! However, I think those other saws were mostly other markets besides USA.

I don't know how I feel about this.
As long as they let dolmar do what dolmar does and not try to cut corners.
I am glad I got minebefore the rebranding.

I'd be afraid of losing a blue one in a snowbank at quiting time in December. I'll stick with my red 5105.

352? I wonder when Makita/Dolmar will come out with an EPA approved replacement for the 9010? With the 661 out and the pending Auto-tune 395xp replacement, I wonder if Makita has any interest in this admittedly smaller market segment.

I know where I am in the PNW a Dolmar doesn't sell at all, and after having two 5105 I wouldn't buy one again both had bottom end issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Like what? Unless you were trying to run a 28" bar on 50:1 or less oil, I'd be hard-pressed to see how you kill a 5105, let alone 2.
Two bottom ends on two separate saws with 20" bars they were landing saws one froze solid in 6 months they warranted and the second one froze in a year, mix is the same as my falling saws which is 32:1 no one has figured out why. Only thing even the factory has figured out is had crank main bearings.

That's bizarre. Forgive me as I don't mean to sound incredulous or vindictive here, but how were they used? Did people let them warm up for more than 10 seconds before pinning them wide-open? I've seen some VERY good saws, that were treated horribly and lived very short lives. I've also seen some crappy saws last a long time with proper care and a bit of respect. If your guys were doing all of these things, then I am truly surprised. But, all of the makers have had a few lemons here and there.

That's bizarre. Forgive me as I don't mean to sound incredulous or vindictive here, but how were they used? Did people let them warm up for more than 10 seconds before pinning them wide-open? I've seen some VERY good saws, that were treated horribly and lived very short lives. I've also seen some crappy saws last a long time with proper care and a bit of respect. If your guys were doing all of these things, then I am truly surprised. But, all of the makers have had a few lemons here and there.
They were warmed, I don't let my guys treat their equipment like crap if they do they are gone as well. They are running 555 and 562xpw with no issues.

Hmm. That's interesting. I do like my 562 so that's not a surprise to me. I was under the impression that the 5105 was just as reliable as the MS261 and the 346xp/550xp...

Two bottom ends on two separate saws with 20" bars they were landing saws one froze solid in 6 months they warranted and the second one froze in a year, mix is the same as my falling saws which is 32:1 no one has figured out why. Only thing even the factory has figured out is had crank main bearings.

not really surprising to me....50cc saw with a 20" 3/8(i am also guessing rakers a bit on the aggressive side) in a production environment. Would be really surprised if any 50cc saw could last in that application.

Latest posts

Back