Mastermind Meets The Stihl 041 Super

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow....my face hurts from smiling!! I got that saw off eBay and made sure it ran and sent it and I shipped it off.

How does it stack up against a modern day equivalent?

What rpm are we talking?

Wow....my face hurts from smiling!! I got that saw off eBay...

Is it the one needing the cylinder studs you've been scrounging for? If so, did ya find some, or go another route for a solution?

Just curious.

Very nice saw, btw. And great job, Randy. Absolutely outstanding. :cheers:

Poge

Randy did hook me up with cylinder studs, but they are not for this saw.I am trying to piece another super together.

Wow....my face hurts from smiling!! I got that saw off eBay and made sure it ran and sent it and I shipped it off.

How does it stack up against a modern day equivalent?

What rpm are we talking?

It ain't no 044.....it just doesn't make the rpm a more modern saw will make. It was tuned to 12,200 for those last cuts. It may be a touch stouter a little richer, but it was still 4-stroking nicely at that rpm.

You cut your leg throwing a chain and you are worried about the chain? Fixing the chain will be cheaper than fixing your leg. Glad you were not hurt too bad. This thread makes me want to dig out my super, you did a fantastic job, I would take that saw cutting any day.

You cut your leg throwing a chain and you are worried about the chain? Fixing the chain will be cheaper than fixing your leg. Glad you were not hurt too bad. This thread makes me want to dig out my super, you did a fantastic job, I would take that saw cutting any day.

Well this chain was a better chain than most. :(

Randy can't hurt them old bowling pins he has for legs. ;)

Randy with every saw I see the before and afters videos the more excited I am to see what my 441 will do after you work your magic on it

Wonder what he could do with that ol' 288XP I have collecting dust in the barn.........

Seein' as how he won't touch my mini mac35.:frown::frown::frown:

Randy with every saw I see the before and afters videos the more excited I am to see what my 441 will do after you work your magic on it

You'll like the 441. I was amazed at the gains that we got from the M-tronic we did a few months ago.

Wonder what he could do with that ol' 288XP I have collecting dust in the barn.........

Seein' as how he won't touch my mini mac35.:frown::frown::frown:

Now Steve them Mini Macs are too valuable to be grinding on......hell man you know that. :msp_mellow:

Randy, will this work on a 44mm 041?I have a cylinder on my bench in new condition along with a piston.If so I may send it to you,Ken

It would net good gains.....I couldn't say have much though.

Wonder what he could do with that ol' 288XP I have collecting dust in the barn.........:

Someone say 288xp!
I am getting ready to send my high top to Randy. Saving up the money.
Get ready Tennessee, we need to scratch our woods port itch again!

Nice 41 super!

Did you get the 7901 to stop bogging?

too tired to fool with it last night. Delivered a 10x12 playhouse to some people yesterday afternoon. Between the soffit on the back of the house and the bank was 9'. I dug the bank out the entire length of the house with a shovel and mattock to get that building where they wanted it. Was there from little after 3 to 7:30pm. Then drove by my mom's house bc I got a call from my sister that mom was carrying shingles up onto the roof (12 trips up the ladder to get a bundle up there) trying to help their roofing contractor get a good start today. So I drove by there on my way back home and carried all the bundles up the ladder and stacked along the peak of the roof.

So, I'll try to fool with it tonight when I get home.

too tired to fool with it last night. Delivered a 10x12 playhouse to some people yesterday afternoon. Between the soffit on the back of the house and the bank was 9'. I dug the bank out the entire length of the house with a shovel and mattock to get that building where they wanted it. Was there from little after 3 to 7:30pm. Then drove by my mom's house bc I got a call from my sister that mom was carrying shingles up onto the roof (12 trips up the ladder to get a bundle up there) trying to help their roofing contractor get a good start today. So I drove by there on my way back home and carried all the bundles up the ladder and stacked along the peak of the roof.

So, I'll try to fool with it tonight when I get home.

Everyone rep this man. :bowdown:

You're a good dude..............

Back