Masterminded 362c 87 octane vs 94

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So.

Ron.......you are sold on Motul 800 Off Road.

Keith is sold on K2. As is Mike.

I've been using H1R for a couple of years and never thought about a reason to switch.

Now after looking at flash points, thinking about the need to re-tune, and the way the smell bothers some people. I'm gonna try K2.

I do believe that this Belray bothers Jon's sinuses.
Randy I'm staying with 800 off-road not only from experience but also comparing lab results. I think H1R is a very good oil....that would be my 2nd choice out of the three. Motul 800 off-road has superior lab results over the other two. I have a co-worker that use to be in the oil manufacturing/blending business for over 20 years. I just had him review the limited data for these oils and he chose Motul 800. He thought I was crazy using that extreme of an oil in a chainsaw. He use to blend 2-cycle oils for Husky and Stihl.

Does castor smell different than ester ? i have an old jug of 927 still from the 250r ,the 927 is what my engine builder had me run in the water cooled 2 stroke ,will the cator work in air cooled ok ?

That's what DC runs in his saws. If it's good enough for him it should work for us. I've used it before last year and have some left to maybe mix a couple gallons. If any one wants to trade a liter of motul 800 for a liter of K2 I'm game.

After seeing k2 flashpoint and motul 2x flashpoint I knew Maxima wasnt making half as a good a oil. I read half the night on flashpoints and the higher flashpoint will protect better in extreme conditions but will imped combuation efficiency in our application. Thats my take
We're producing as much compression and rpms as a motocross/grandprix motorcycle! These aren't factory saws we're running.

Question: If a ported saw has a mm and breaths better and ports increased for more fuel and OIL, will it run hotter or cooler than a stock saw?

These arent 1/4 mile dragsters on alcohol. They r woods ported saws with increased compression and ports optimized for increased fuel and air flow

Randy I'm staying with 800 off-road not only from experience but also comparing lab results. I think H1R is a very good oil....that would be my 2nd choice out of the three. Motul 800 off-road has superior lab results over the other two. I have a co-worker that use to be in the oil manufacturing/blending business for over 20 years. I just had him review the limited data for these oils and he chose Motul 800. He thought I was crazy using that extreme of an oil in a chainsaw. He use to blend 2-cycle oils for Husky and Stihl.

So K2 comes in third?

****.......I just ordered 64oz of it. :laugh:

So K2 comes in third?

****.......I just ordered 64oz of it. :laugh:

Oh well. I'm going to use it since it's the least offensive to my sinuses. I will say motul leaves a nice coating on the inside at 32:1 while milling.

Mike......when you send some jugs, send a pint of Motul. I'll send back some K2 when I send back the jugs.

Doea
Does the k2?

Yes it does. The best as far as a film on the inside I've used is R50. It's not the cleanest burning but it's had the best on the inside when I took a peek.

Mike......when you send some jugs, send a pint of Motul. I'll send back some K2 when I send back the jugs.

Sure will.

Look at the viscosity index , which is the most important spec in determining friction resistance, and tell me between thoso 3 oils which one compares

Amsoil Dominator viscosity index is 145 and Saber is 147 and have lower flash points so are they better than K2?

Check this out Keith
avy9yvuz.jpg

Amsoil Dominator viscosity index is 145 and Saber is 147 and have lower flash points so are they better than K2?
Id say close . Id be willing to bet if u take the same saw and used motul 800 at 32 to1 and then used k2 at 32 to1 one saw will will produce more energy than the other. Amsoil just didnt burn clean for me. I have 2 quarts of saber that I use in the weedeater

Back