Masterminded 362c 87 octane vs 94

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KG441c

KG441c

Keith
I think viscosity index is most important in determing protection level and that too much flashpoint in a application where it isnt needed is gonna hinder ignition and running that high a flashpoint oil at 32 to1 is only gonna worsen the condition. That should anwser ur question from yesterday Mustang Mike. I think k2 mixed at 32 to1 with its lower flashpoint is gonna make the most energy and at its viscosity index of 140 is gonna protect better than motul 800 in our application. In an extreme high temp application the motul and h1r will be better

HuskStihl

HuskStihl

Chairin'em for the sound
I remember starting a thread a year back asking if anybody knew of an oil that didn't work well (when mixed properly). If I remember right, a few of the guys felt some oils left too much carbon, but nobody named an oil they had seen a pattern of failure with

KG441c

KG441c

Keith
If a saw isn't tuned right no oil will burn clean...and im not saying Keith can't tune a saw im just saying in general.
Ported 261 at 14000 rpm amsoil saber 50 to 1. 30 minutes of running and the top of piston look like ur 362 did mustang. I ran amsoil in outboard drag motors and never had a problem but also ran omc engine tuner and yamaha ring free with the amsoil.

CR500

CR500

Diesel, Snowmobile, & Chainsaw Technician
I wonder if the M-tronics can sense a different oil. I mean sometimes my 441 would have that chain spinning at idle issue when I was running Bel-Ray but only once in a while. Maybe it was trying to idle high enough so it did not foul out??? IDK

With K2 it does not seem to do it just food for thought. I hear H1R takes different tuning

If I were stranded in a forest with a ported saw and was given a choice between HP Ultra and H1R I still would take H1R. Nothing wrong with H1R
Sent from my non internal combustion device.

KG441c

KG441c

Keith
From what Im seeing in the viscosity index between Motul, belray, k2 I agree all 3 will protect equal in our application. K2 has the highest at 140 of the 3 which can be seen the their website. The part that has me stumped is why Maxima made their flashpoint 1/2 of Motul and Belray? If u goggle high flashpoints in oils at standard operating temperature where the high flashpoint is irrelevant like in our saws I think its clear why k2 doesnt have a high flashpoint

Trx250r180

Trx250r180

Saw polisher
This stuff is da **** ......

BananaOil-L.jpg