Masterminded 362c 87 octane vs 94

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wish I had a shady place to play with saws, but a side effect of CAD and Ported Saws is "lack of flora" where trees are senselessly harvested for their "heat making" properties. When i bought my 1 acre lot, it was the most shaded property in the neighborhood. 40 trees later.... it's hot all summer. Cant stand to run a saw until Oct. Ive got 25-30 good sized oak tree trunks to cut up this fall. Cant wait.
I never cut a good shade tree! Oct through May is when I do all my cuttin...

I was just thinking the same thing Steven. I have full mature oaks, walnuts, hickory where we are now. But we are building and where we chose to set the house is in part of an old horse pasture. I was wondering what shade trees we should plant that will grow fastest in our area.

Plant some nice shade trees Steven.....you'd be surprised how fast they grow.

yeah I reckon. Dont plan to live here too much longer though. Out grew the house (bought it 11 years ago when I left home) need more room for Kari's clothes and shoes.;) And the kids. It's rediculous how much clothing a 4 & 5 year old girl needs.:eek:

My bet is on square file, with any saw 60 cc & up, especially if it is ported!

Hey, I told you that saw would get stronger w/break in. Now, was it really faster w/hi octane, or was it just continuing to break in ........

My bet is on square file, with any saw 60 cc & up, especially if it is ported!

Hey, I told you that saw would get stronger w/break in. Now, was it really faster w/hi octane, or was it just continuing to break in ........[/
It seemed consistently faster by 1 sec with the 94 with the 362 but I did the same test with my 026 and it made absolutely 0 difference.

Im not sure but if counting the times in the video it seemed every cut was alil faster but I believe with operator error, irregularities in the wood will make inconsistent test results. Dyno the way to go imo

Im still keen on the idea of the shorter stroke and lower octane being a more complete combustion process . Especially after seeing the 2 " vs 3" plume of unburned fuel

Well your 461 is done.......and will be shipped to Chad this coming week. Hopefully we can get some answers then. I'm all ears when it comes to learning new stuff.

:)
Im all ears in this performance learning process. Im just a wet behind the ears student and I listen to people who have earned and payed their dues! Thats why I probably drive u crazy with the PMs when I dont know what tha heck Im talkin about or doin!!!! Lol

87 octane was used and 94 both mixed with Belray H1R @ 32:1. Rpm in cut avg. 11000 and 87 octane cuts avg. 10.5 sec and 94 avg. 9.5 sec. if I counted right? Oregon square chisel chain

What was saw pulling for compression , and why 32:1 mix?.

I have used Belray in dirt bikes but have only used Golden Spectro at 50:1 even when milling in my saws. No oil failures in 40 years. I did loose a saw to dry gas added by a worker, and recently my old reliable USA built motors fell to ethanol snot in the carbs.

12:8 compression ratio and the 32to1 gives better protection with ported saws plus better ring seal. I can say from my saws running H1r at 32:1 when they are torn down have a very nice oily film coated on everything with little carbon buildup at all.

Randy,

That saw sounds really nice. A thought though. Try taking a few timed cuts holding the saw with the bar parallel to the ground. When you tilt the saw back and forth you’re introducing a lot of variability.
Ya figured that out watching the videos over and thanks for the tip

Latest posts

Back