Masterminded 362c 87 octane vs 94

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
12:8 compression ratio and the 32to1 gives better protection with ported saws plus better ring seal. I can say from my saws running H1r at 32:1 when they are torn down have a very nice oily film coated on everything with little carbon buildup at all.

Hmmm 12:8 ? That would be 1.5? Or do you mean 12.8 to 1?

I cannot agree with your statement concerning "protection" nor "ring seal", using 32 parts of fuel to ONE part oil.

I have raced dirt bikes and ran saws > 40 years, no oil problems at 50 parts fuel and one part oil, using Golden Spectro. And that includes my chainsaw miil using 066 and 056 heads.

P.S. I still have a 69 350 chevy LT1 block with shaved deck and heads. It might be 12.8 : 1 comp? About 210 average on the 8 for psi cranking cold.

Hmmm 12:8 ? That would be 1.5? Or do you mean 12.8 to 1?

I cannot agree with your statement concerning "protection" nor "ring seal", using 32 parts of fuel to ONE part oil.

I have raced dirt bikes and ran saws > 40 years, no oil problems at 50 parts fuel and one part oil, using Golden Spectro. And that includes my chainsaw miil using 066 and 056 heads.

P.S. I still have a 69 350 chevy LT1 block with shaved deck and heads. It might be 12.8 : 1 comp? About 210 average on the 8 for psi cranking cold.
You will start an oil war with the 50 or 32to1 debate but I can tell you now that on this site 9/10 of porters are gonna tell u they run 32to1. Some rules of cars and dirtbikes dont apply to saws but run what u like if it works for u but u r in the wrong place here on as to argue 32to1 not being beneficial. Yes 189 psi compression.

Da Monkey tolds me 40:1 if using Stihl or Hooskee oil.( no Hooskee here)

Anything non OEM, 32:1.

He Ought To Know.

You will start an oil war with the 50 or 32to1 debate but I can tell you now that on this site 9/10 of porters are gonna tell u they run 32to1. Some rules of cars and dirtbikes dont apply to saws but run what u like if it works for u but u r in the wrong place here on as to argue 32to1 not being beneficial. Yes 189 psi compression.

To each his own. I kept the same oil when they went to MTBE mixed fuel but would not use that gas. When E10 came I went to 100LL AV using the same oil. That required a retune on some equipment. I can store that mix much more > 1 year.

I see no need for 32:1 fuel, and I mill using chainsaws.

I grew up with 16:1 for boats, saws, and bikes. Sometimes just non-detergent 30W. I have moved forward to what works for me. Again, bikes, saws, and no oil related issues,

To each his own. I kept the same oil when they went to MTBE mixed fuel but would not use that gas. When E10 came I went to 100LL AV using the same oil. That required a retune on some equipment. I can store that mix much more > 1 year.

I see no need for 32:1 fuel, and I mill using chainsaws.

I grew up with 16:1 for boats, saws, and bikes. Sometimes just non-detergent 30W. I have moved forward to what works for me. Again, bikes, saws, and no oil related issues,
I'm just a nobody trying to learn here. Your the professor

Most see no need for AV gas.....to each their own

No E10 free stations here. E10 rots carbs/rubber and leaves snotty crap in 2 and 4 strokes.

I have > 50 year old tractors that never had the carb apart before E10. The same with my tillers and other equipment. E10 SUCKS the COB!!!!

E10 leaves something I would describe as SNOT residue. Ethanol also attracts moisture and reacts with both aluminum and magnesium, that would be most carburator bodies. When E10 absorbs enough water it makes a two phase water ethanol /hydrocarbon mix.

You really think the 94 makes a difference Keith?
Im old school when it comes to that, what I have always been told coming up through the ranks building motors,,, If you built some compression (approaching the 200 PSI range) I think you are just asking for detonation especially loaded/laboring in the cut,,, compression alone doesn't make more RPM,,, Just makes it accelerate harder,,,,:blob2:

You are right that compression does not increase RPMs, but it does provide more power in each power stroke (the more you compress the air fuel mixture, the more power it will produce, all other things remaining the same and not encountering pre-detonation).

I've run a 288 with 230 lbs of compression on 87 milling in 95 degree weather with no problems and no detonation on the piston top. I'm in the boat of octane for saws don't matter. Run whatever makes you feel good.

On the 362c with 189psi(12.8to1), the chart calls for 93 to 94 octane. The test Ronnie and myself did was just for fun and proved nothing at all. When people like Randy, Mdavlee, and Brad are all using lower octanes? Im pretty sure we are wasting our time and we surely arent trying to disprove anyones theory here but only having alil fun! I wanna do the test also with square vs full comp which Ive seen the test already, but If I can learn to file and see even 20 to 30% increase in cut time with square thats what I will run. This is a hobby for me and the testing is simply for fun. Im in no way trying to prove how dumb,(shows already) ,or smart I am by being on this site. Lots of fine people here that simply give unbiased information and are
very helpful and thank all of u who do. Ive learned alot and will continue to as the hobby is very interesting and satisfying

Wow 230lbs. Did that saw have a two piece top Mike?

No E10 free stations here. E10 rots carbs/rubber and leaves snotty crap in 2 and 4 strokes.

I have > 50 year old tractors that never had the carb apart before E10. The same with my tillers and other equipment. E10 SUCKS the COB!!!!

E10 leaves something I would describe as SNOT residue. Ethanol also attracts moisture and reacts with both aluminum and magnesium, that would be most carburator bodies. When E10 absorbs enough water it makes a two phase water ethanol /hydrocarbon mix.

Snot is a good way to describe E10 after it sat for too long, my old 770 Oliver tank is full of it. The tank will have to come off and be cleaned and it will never see crapola gas again. Steve

Latest posts

Back